Lexy's: Legacy of The Dragonborn Special Edition

"LOL I am so glad you said that. My last character in SLE was a, ahem, working girl when she started out". :bleh:

"I'll check it out, but IDK. I've been using Frostfall pretty much since day one of modding years ago. I'd feel like I was cheating on Chesko"!  

When Chesko finally does his thing I will switch also and just turn its settings way down

"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

You are very very welcome.

Hello boys and girls! Just dropped by to share one of the little quirks this wonderful game sometimes throws up. Still on LE, approximately two thirds of the way through(Darth's guide), furthest I've ever played and enjoying some of the mods never played before...anyway...You have got to hand it to Arthmoor for his provincial courier mod. I was doing one of the last radiant quest for the thieves guide, as guide master, clothed with the agent of shadows power. Sneaked past guards, entered the house whilst the owners wondered around, crept to the golden urn and about to take it, when i feel this tap on my shoulder and the oh so familiar words.."i have a message for you, let's see here, a letter"...I'm gob smacked and thinking "what the f...", I'm one with the shadows, clothed by the night and then the address by the owners "You not supposed to be here". Needless to say that break in went side ways...teach me for being a thief. Lastly as Quintus Navale of the white phial quoted to me, when i returned to him, to help find the unique ingredients to fix the phial...Berndaroy "i received your letter", Quintus "Good, you are a hard woman to track down, but those couriers are tenacious". Don't know what training Arthmoor gave them, but they are better than a blood hound..able to find you anywhere, see into shadows, run around in simple cloths, despite the weather, avoid all dangers...you get the point. Just another small fun fact produced by this wonderful game. Happy modding/playing

Hey, speaking of Provincial Courier, is there a reason we're not installing the patch for it and Books of Skyrim in Blowing in the Wind?

Also, I've just started going through it, but for those of you (like me!) who really want Racemenu back, I found this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nIk3DWmiRXY

It's a few months old but so's that Reddit thread where I got the link, so if it's not exact, hopefully it's at least close enough.

Finally, I recommend the No Twitching Dragon Death Animation mod. Unless something has changed in SSE, I was playing SLE recently and I kept having dragons twitching all over the place. (And one skeleton that fell out of the sky, but I doubt this fixes that.)

Hello boys and girls! Just dropped by to share one of the little quirks this wonderful game sometimes throws up. Still on LE, approximately two thirds of the way through(Darth's guide), furthest I've ever played and enjoying some of the mods never played before...anyway...You have got to hand it to Arthmoor for his provincial courier mod. I was doing one of the last radiant quest for the thieves guide, as guide master, clothed with the agent of shadows power. Sneaked past guards, entered the house whilst the owners wondered around, crept to the golden urn and about to take it, when i feel this tap on my shoulder and the oh so familiar words.."i have a message for you, let's see here, a letter"...I'm gob smacked and thinking "what the f...", I'm one with the shadows, clothed by the night and then the address by the owners "You not supposed to be here". Needless to say that break in went side ways...teach me for being a thief. Lastly as Quintus Navale of the white phial quoted to me, when i returned to him, to help find the unique ingredients to fix the phial...Berndaroy "i received your letter", Quintus "Good, you are a hard woman to track down, but those couriers are tenacious". Don't know what training Arthmoor gave them, but they are better than a blood hound..able to find you anywhere, see into shadows, run around in simple cloths, despite the weather, avoid all dangers...you get the point. Just another small fun fact produced by this wonderful game. Happy modding/playing

The little jewels like that and other rare or odd occurrences is what makes Skyrim so special.

Hey, speaking of Provincial Courier, is there a reason we're not installing the patch for it and Books of Skyrim in Blowing in the Wind?

Also, I've just started going through it, but for those of you (like me!) who really want Racemenu back, I found this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nIk3DWmiRXY

It's a few months old but so's that Reddit thread where I got the link, so if it's not exact, hopefully it's at least close enough.

Finally, I recommend the No Twitching Dragon Death Animation mod. Unless something has changed in SSE, I was playing SLE recently and I kept having dragons twitching all over the place. (And one skeleton that fell out of the sky, but I doubt this fixes that.)

If installing the patch is not listed, usually Lexy has applied the fix in the CR Patch file.

If installing the patch is not listed, usually Lexy has applied the fix in the CR Patch file.

Ah, ok.

By the way, regarding Racemenu, I'm not sure I did it exactly right when I installed it, but it worked! Kind of... I was able to create my character exactly as I wanted and save the profile. I started a game in the Bannered Mare and ran all around town and it worked fine.

BUT I started a new game, loaded the same profile, and kept getting a CTD if I started the game with the vanilla Helgen sequence. (OMG that thing is long.) The whole sequence went fine, the CTD happened when I'd start to get up off the block after the dragon attack. (Can't they at least remove the previous dude's head and body before killing me? Ick. As an aside, if Ulfric was the one they wanted, why didn't they execute him first? (Yeah, I know, as my husband would say, "Because it's in the script."))

Anyway, what I ended up doing was starting the game, loading the profile in Racemenu, saving it (before chatting with Mara), then quitting. I then disabled Racemenu, loaded that same game I saved, picked the vanilla start, and no CTD! And she looked exactly like the profile I saved! I'm still not sure if I made some mistake when installing it, but I got the end result I wanted.

So basically, at least for me, the method that seems to work is to run Skyrim with Racemenu, start a new game, make your character exactly like you want, save the profile if you want, save the game before talking to the statue, quit Skyrim, disable Racemenu, run LOOT, run Skyrim, load that save game, enjoy your custom character!

Ah, ok.

By the way, regarding Racemenu, I'm not sure I did it exactly right when I installed it, but it worked! Kind of... I was able to create my character exactly as I wanted and save the profile. I started a game in the Bannered Mare and ran all around town and it worked fine.

BUT I started a new game, loaded the same profile, and kept getting a CTD if I started the game with the vanilla Helgen sequence. (OMG that thing is long.) The whole sequence went fine, the CTD happened when I'd start to get up off the block after the dragon attack. (Can't they at least remove the previous dude's head and body before killing me? Ick. As an aside, if Ulfric was the one they wanted, why didn't they execute him first? (Yeah, I know, as my husband would say, "Because it's in the script."))

Anyway, what I ended up doing was starting the game, loading the profile in Racemenu, saving it (before chatting with Mara), then quitting. I then disabled Racemenu, loaded that same game I saved, picked the vanilla start, and no CTD! And she looked exactly like the profile I saved! I'm still not sure if I made some mistake when installing it, but I got the end result I wanted.

So basically, at least for me, the method that seems to work is to run Skyrim with Racemenu, start a new game, make your character exactly like you want, save the profile if you want, save the game before talking to the statue, quit Skyrim, disable Racemenu, run LOOT, run Skyrim, load that save game, enjoy your custom character!

Yeah, I think you may have done something wrong with Racemenu's or another mods install, as I don't have that problem.  What I do is create the character, save, set all my MCM and settings from inventory and/or magic menu, save again. Talk to Mara, choose option, save, go to sleep and start, save.  Start Play. 

Today I'm starting a new game on a profile w/o Legacy of the Dragonborn or any of the add on quests.  Chose Vigilant of Stendarr start.  Going to be a War Priest with 3 Followers for dungeons and 5 followers for Travel.  I'm going to let the followers do most of the combat and heal them, I also have Apocalypse and Ordinator so I'm going to be a One Handed Mace/Hammer wielding Restoration mage, Heavy Armor, Alchemy, Smithing and Enchanting.  I'm also running Rustic Weathers with the Bleak Preset and no ENB.  Man is it smooth.

I still haven't finished updating the full guide yet, but when I get it done with it I have an idea for an Argonian Illusion Thief for my Museum Character.

Edited by Kneph13

Hey been following the installation guide.

Got to Audio Overhaul Skyrim and just wanted to let you know that it got updated to 2.9.2 today.

Also, I installed the fixed ported version of Frostfall/Campfire/Wearable Lanterns. Tested in-game and it works fine. Do you expect it to be OK with the impressive mod list you've compiled here? (assuming no other mods)

Thanks!

Edited by Lebdood

Yeah, I think you may have done something wrong with Racemenu's or another mods install, as I don't have that problem.  What I do is create the character, save, set all my MCM and settings from inventory and/or magic menu, save again. Talk to Mara, choose option, save, go to sleep and start, save.  Start Play.

Yeah, I think I screwed up something copying the .dlls. I found the video really confusing. The way I usually handle these things is to just install the mod and then do [whatever] in the mod's folder.

This particular character actually WAS caught illegally entering Skyrim. I saved as soon as I got off the cart so I didn't have to sit through that entire animation again. I just added Jobs of Skyrim so she'll have a way to earn a living for a while that doesn't involve chopping wood. Once I get all of the survival mods in, my favorite thing to do is to start with a Bosmer stranded on the coast of the sea of ghosts and have her survive using all of the wilderness crafting skills that come with those mods. SO much fun!!

Next time I hear "Alms. I said "alms" you backbiter!" THIS is my answer. Killing your opponent optional.

OMG I'd forgotten about that mod! I can't wait to introduce it to Nazeem!

Yeah, I think I screwed up something copying the .dlls. I found the video really confusing. The way I usually handle these things is to just install the mod and then do [whatever] in the mod's folder.

https://www.reddit.com/r/skyrimmods/comments/7mvkjx/how_to_make_racemenu_work_with_se/ also you might like https://youtu.be/lBtc-HJ7u2E I couldn't get through the first video personally... :ermm:

Edited by Lauren