Lexy's: Legacy of The Dragonborn Special Edition

OH Ok Undeath Remastered - Classical Lichdom https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/14823 is hidden yet again I actaully have half a mind to pull undeath altogether and have done with it as i t only in the giode cos it was part of the museum and people on the classic guide moaned at me about it.

We have a real reason why it was hidden now:

The reason given by the author is: Update. It is so annoying to have two internally different versions due to UIL. Mod will be ported over from scratch when update is complete.

• +1 1

Second, I'd already mentioned that the NVIDIA Profile Inspector won't run on my system. I do have an AMD Catalyst Control Center where I can change most of the settings (although not the max framerate but I seem to remember there's a mod that does that). So for now, does the "If running Vysnc through Graphic Driver..." only apply to people who've used the NVIDIA program? Although obviously I have to set those settings somewhere...

Happily, I have a shiny new video card that's supposed to be here TODAY so maybe the profile inspector will work then. But just in case, I can set most of the settings in the Catalyst Control Center (or hopefully whatever the new one uses) and I can create profiles for specific games. It tells me to pick the executable to set it up. Do I pick SkyrimSE.exe or the skse64_loader.exe if the Profile Inspector won't run on my new card either?

What video card do you have? Nvidia or AMD. Two different brands would use totally different configuration programs would they not? ;)

I just had a question about step five for xLODGEN. it says to update the arguments field for each executable. Does this mean all the ones listed in the guide? (SKSE, Skyrim Special Edition, Skyrim Special Edition Launcher, Creation Kit, LOOT, SSEEdit, Merge Plugins, zEdit, Nif Optimizer, and Wrye Bash)

Special Installation:

1. Download the archive file.
  2. Extract the contents to a new folder called xLODGEN
  3. Inside the Newly created xLODGEN folder create other called SSELODGen_Output
  4. Once the above is done, open Mod Organizer 2 and add xLODGenx64.exe as executables.
  5. In the Arguments field enter -sse -o:"<Path where you installed xLODGEN>\SSELODGen_Output" for each executable.

Also when do we install the file SSE-Terrain-Tamriel.esm as a mod? Should we do this directly after installing the Tool in the prerequisites stage or during the main modding process?

What video card do you have? Nvidia or AMD. Two different brands would use totally different configuration programs would they not? ;)

LOL Yes, they would. Well YESTERDAY I had an AMD card. TODAY I have a shiny new 6GB NVIDIA card!!! So maybe I can get some of this working now! (Adding instructions for AMD users would be helpful, though.)

I need to start back at the prereqs anyway. I tried running what I had so far (making sure to disable any patches for anything I didn't have installed yet) and the game crashed immediately. (Yes, I ran loot.) So then I went back to the vanilla profile and the game wouldn't even load that.

This isn't my first experience with S.T.E.P. Unfortunately it's not my first experience with screwing up something stupid either. :wacko:

On that subject, I've seen advice to stop and test periodically. Any advice on at what points and how? The way I did? Just uncheck all of the patches and run LOOT?

With that said: It's time to get into the wonderful world of Skyrim Modding. We hope you'll find it pleasant.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Ahem, sorry. Nothing personal with the guide, I swear, it's the easiest to follow, most thorough one I've ever tried. PLAYING the game is going to be AMAZING. The actual modding process, well... (You guys are really so awesome for doing this, PLEASE don't take it as an insult.)

Edited by OCDCoder

I just had a question about step five for xLODGEN. it says to update the arguments field for each executable. Does this mean all the ones listed in the guide? (SKSE, Skyrim Special Edition, Skyrim Special Edition Launcher, Creation Kit, LOOT, SSEEdit, Merge Plugins, zEdit, Nif Optimizer, and Wrye Bash)

Special Installation:

1. Download the archive file.
  2. Extract the contents to a new folder called xLODGEN
  3. Inside the Newly created xLODGEN folder create other called SSELODGen_Output
  4. Once the above is done, open Mod Organizer 2 and add xLODGenx64.exe as executables.
  5. In the Arguments field enter -sse -o:"\SSELODGen_Output" for each executable.

Also when do we install the file SSE-Terrain-Tamriel.esm as a mod? Should we do this directly after installing the Tool in the prerequisites stage or during the main modding process?

step 5 is a copy of paste error from DynDOLOD which I used as my template you only need that arugmnet for xLODGEN. Yyes you install SSE-Terrain-Tamriel.esm as a mod in MO2 I forget to mention.

that. There might be few teething problems. 

Small thing. On the Prereq page, it says to download "Mod Organizer 2 (Standalone Version)." On the mod page, it's called "Mod Organizer 2 (Archive)." (It does have the right name when you download it.) There is one with that name, but it's down in the old files. I'm wondering if this is why I was having problems with MO2 and had to use the installer before. Which... yuck, I need to uninstall now. It doesn't show up in Revo uninstaller, so I actually have to install it, trace it, then uninstall it. (I'm doing all the prereqs over again. And yes, I'm backing up the appropriate directories because I'm NOT doing all of the mod installs again.)

And a humble request. When mods are added or deleted, can you list which section they go in? It's not a huge deal, I know I can search, but especially right now as I'm installing them (I was SO happy when the scrollbar showed I'd made it half down the page yesterday) it's much easier to find them at a glance.

Oh, sorry, ONE more question. When installing Wrye Bash to the SSE directory, can I change the directory name to that or do I need to leave it as Mopy?

Sorry for all of the questions. Hopefully I'm at least helping with "Idiot Proofing" the guide. LOL :redface: 

Edited by OCDCoder

Hi there! First I would like to thank you for that awesome modding guide.
I am learning a lot so far but I have a little doubt...
Would you please tell me why didn't you recommend "Achievements Mods Enabler" mod?
I heard some rumours about problems with that mod, but I don't know if any of these rumours are true.

I am curious because there are many modding guides that do not recommending that mod, including yours.

Small thing. On the Prereq page, it says to download "Mod Organizer 2 (Standalone Version)." On the mod page, it's called "Mod Organizer 2 (Archive)." (It does have the right name when you download it.) There is one with that name, but it's down in the old files. I'm wondering if this is why I was having problems with MO2 and had to use the installer before. Which... yuck, I need to uninstall now. It doesn't show up in Revo uninstaller, so I actually have to install it, trace it, then uninstall it. (I'm doing all the prereqs over again. And yes, I'm backing up the appropriate directories because I'm NOT doing all of the mod installs again.)

And a humble request. When mods are added or deleted, can you list which section they go in? It's not a huge deal, I know I can search, but especially right now as I'm installing them (I was SO happy when the scrollbar showed I'd made it half down the page yesterday) it's much easier to find them at a glance.

Oh, sorry, ONE more question. When installing Wrye Bash to the SSE directory, can I change the directory name to that or do I need to leave it as Mopy?

Sorry for all of the questions. Hopefully I'm at least helping with "Idiot Proofing" the guide. LOL :redface:

what I do is create a folder called Wrye Bash the place the Mopy folder in that. I think can add what section stuff is added or removed from of that would help.

Hi there! First I would like to thank you for that awesome modding guide.

I am learning a lot so far but I have a little doubt...

Would you please tell me why didn't you recommend "Achievements Mods Enabler" mod?

I heard some rumours about problems with that mod, but I don't know if any of these rumours are true.

I am curious because there are many modding guides that do not recommending that mod, including yours.

I didn't add mostly because I don't care about game achievements. I do know many other are using with this guide without issue.

what I do is create a folder called Wrye Bash the place the Mopy folder in that. I think can add what section stuff is added or removed from of that would help.

Thanks. Also, I also see that it's recommending putting the MO2 program in the common directory. Is that an absolute requirement? I had put the folder on another drive where I've been putting all of my modding tools. I'd also put Wrye Bash there before. (I never got to a point of using it, so I'm not sure if that would be a problem. It wasn't when I was modding SLE.) Although having MO2 on my C: drive probably will give me a huge advantage as that's an M.2 drive and WOW is it fast! Never mind, got enough info on that from the video which I skipped the first time since I thought I knew enough from having used MO1 so much. *smacks self*

As far as testing and why I'm going through the prereqs again, when you have time, could you write something on when and how to test? (Or point me to it if I missed it.) Somewhere in here I think I read to test after every section, but that involves disabling a ton of patches for things that are installed later. Which is fine, but somewhere in there is when Skyrim quit loading, so I know I did something wrong.

Again, I'm really sorry for so many questions and requests. I know it makes me seem like a liar when I claim I'm a very experienced modder. I've just never done anything the scope of THIS guide before. I said it before, but I am SO impressed with this, the thoroughness of the instructions (except where I had questions) and the MASSIVE number of mods included. Just... wow.

Edited by OCDCoder

Thanks. Also, I also see that it's recommending putting the MO2 program in the common directory. Is that an absolute requirement? I had put the folder on another drive where I've been putting all of my modding tools. I'd also put Wrye Bash there before. (I never got to a point of using it, so I'm not sure if that would be a problem. It wasn't when I was modding SLE.) Although having MO2 on my C: drive probably will give me a huge advantage as that's an M.2 drive and WOW is it fast! Never mind, got enough info on that from the video which I skipped the first time since I thought I knew enough from having used MO1 so much. *smacks self*

As far as testing and why I'm going through the prereqs again, when you have time, could you write something on when and how to test? (Or point me to it if I missed it.) Somewhere in here I think I read to test after every section, but that involves disabling a ton of patches for things that are installed later. Which is fine, but somewhere in there is when Skyrim quit loading, so I know I did something wrong.

Again, I'm really sorry for so many questions and requests. I know it makes me seem like a liar when I claim I'm a very experienced modder. I've just never done anything the scope of THIS guide before. I said it before, but I am SO impressed with this, the thoroughness of the instructions (except where I had questions) and the MASSIVE number of mods included. Just... wow.

for testing I load up after each section first I run LOOT then I load the esps into the xEdit if xEdit crashes you know you have an issue. If it doesn't O load the game I make sure I install Alternate Start earlier then I say in the guide that I have to bother with Helgen. I load into either an inn Brezzeehome or do the camping the woods start. open the console TGM (Toggle God Mod) and TMM 1 (Toggle map makers) I might even turn off the AI and just run and the map and few times. If you don't crash you can move on if I do go then over the section I have just done. 

I ok even seasoned modders are confused by my instructions sometimes it cos I do some unorthodox things. Plus I am not always the best at explaining what is going on in my mad brain sometimes ::P: