Lexy's: Legacy of The Dragonborn Special Edition

Sorry to be a bother - I am rather stuck and unsure what I am doing wrong - I cannot seem to get my audio merge to, well. bloody merge... 

Stating non-contiguous Plugins - I have redone everything and retried it all and still not cooperating. Is there anything that I am missing or could try to make this one merge nicely like most of the others?

Apologies if this is a simple answer - I just want this all done and am Sooooo close...

EDIT: I FIXED IT! nevermind.. I found my issue... 1 missing master to make it sing...

Sorry to be a bother - I am rather stuck and unsure what I am doing wrong - I cannot seem to get my audio merge to, well. bloody merge... 

Stating non-contiguous Plugins - I have redone everything and retried it all and still not cooperating. Is there anything that I am missing or could try to make this one merge nicely like most of the others?

Apologies if this is a simple answer - I just want this all done and am Sooooo close...

You're almost there  ::D:

I strongly suggest you follow Lexy's directions to make a new profile for each merge. Then in that profile enable only the esps you're going to merge, plus their masters. That makes it perfectly easy to get them all contiguous.

So I should disable the built in extractor and extract all the bsas (that thr guide says to extract) manually with bae?

Yes, use BAE. You'll probably need to go back and do that for any mod you used MO's bsa extractor for.

You're almost there  ::D:

I strongly suggest you follow Lexy's directions to make a new profile for each merge. Then in that profile enable only the esps you're going to merge, plus their masters. That makes it perfectly easy to get them all contiguous.

Yes, use BAE. You'll probably need to go back and do that for any mod you used MO's bsa extractor for.

Yeah - I have been - I just didnt realise which missing master I was missing as none were displaying USSEP as a required master - but when I clicked - presto! Merge Success. 

I am having heaps of fun learning - but REALLY looking forward to seeing all of this together to actually play it. 

Lexy and Darths hard work and everyone here helping work out creases to this guide have and are doing an amazing job. 

If you scroll through the right pane in Mod Organizer, it shows a red triangle with an exclamation mark icon on plugins with missing masters and shows the name of the missing master(s) if you hover the mouse over this icon.

[Quoting so you're notified, since you asked]

Ok so here's my experiences so far with my changes.

First and foremost: With these changes I have had a 100% stable game after about 10 hours worth of playtime (since I restarted a third time after encountering countless world bugs/crashes after getting to Whiterun before). Those 10 hours have had quite a few hectic battles of 10+ combatants too (Dustman's Cairn for example; I didn't tip-toe around - Draugr and Silverhand's flying all over the place kek). Anyway, I have since had zero CTD's, no randomly-floating-or-spinning objects/NPC's when horse riding or transitioning, no AI derps, no lags or stutters (excluding ENB and distant LOD overhead in the beautiful wilderness) - very good performance!

However, do note that I have a Core i5 8400 and 16GB of DDR4 @ 3200MHz (GPU is an OC'd 970 GTX but these tweaked settings put most stress on CPU and RAM) so if you've lower specs then YMMV.

OK, so these are the only changes/additions I've done apart from what is already recommended in Lexy's guide.

Skyrim.ini:

[General]
uExterior Cell Buffer=100

[Papyrus]
fPostLoadUpdateTimeMS=20000.0
fUpdateBudgetMS=2.0
fExtraTaskletBudgetMS=2.0

Explanation/reasoning:

• uExterior Cell Buffer change will eat more RAM (it's a buffer, afterall) but free RAM is wasted RAM anyway :) inspired by/sourced from this post
  • fPostLoadUpdateTimeMS is apparently a warm-up minimum time added to loading screens to let scripts finish work before the game world resumes. I say apparently because a Bethesda dev said it does but it doesn't seem the case at least anymore - my load screens are definitely much less then 20 seconds. It may only be 20 seconds on initial savegame load or something, either that or SSE is able to take shortcuts and know when scripts are absolutely ready, idk. But, point is, cranking this up to 20000 hasn't hurt, loading screen times haven't bothered me (I didn't care to measure).
  • fUpdateBudgetMS and fExtraTaskletBudgetMS are basically CPU time/scheduling rations to give to Papyrus functions. Everyone recommends never going above 2.0 because this adds to minimum frametime. Also see that previous post from the Bethesda dev where he explains this. But setting both these to 2.0 on my rig has resulted in absolutely zero performance impact, even in heavy combat sequences.

Lastly, there is absolutely no reason to increase uGridsToLoad - all that will do is break quests and derp AI up. In Oldrim, the only valid reason to increase this was for LOD (view distance) but it always had a risk, and now in SE we have uLargeRefLODGridSize to crank up (most recommend 21) to force a distant LOD increase, making this obsolete.

Ok, that's all I have to say on the matter. I highly recommend everyone try these out for better stability and I hope it gives you a rock-solid experience like it has me. Those of you on lower-end systems than me will have to research a balance between performance/stability - my settings may be overkill.

Good luck!

P.S. Now that I've said this, let's see how long until my game makes a fool of me and throws its first crash :teehee:

Thanks for detailed research! I have a very similar system, so i will give it a shot, see how these settings behave.

As for uGridsToLoad=7, i found that it's the only way for me to push the LOD out to an acceptable level (from both performance and visuals). I have been playing with it set to 7 since LE days and haven't experienced ANY issues with neither IA nor quests. Although i've never tried uLargeRefLODGridSize=21, setting it to 13 didn't cut it for me.

That weathers merge... I got it.  :dancingbanana: 
But FML that was a ***** to understand where to "Ignore" even with vids...  :wallbash: 

I will never EVER forget this... :unworthy: 

But I do have a  question - would it be ok to merge all followers?
(I did add a couple more - namely Kaidan  :wub: )

Or would that be overkill on merging? It was mentioned in a tutorial vid that it is possible and figure it would definitely clear further slots for me  :thumbsup:

Someone said this recently here or the in the Classic SRLE guide recently, a brief look didn't turn it up, and I am too lazy to search for it anymore for a quote, so I will reiterate in my own words.  This is not directed at any one individual it is here for all new users and familiar ones alike.

This is a comprehensive (and complicated, especially for a new or inexperienced modder) guide for a reason.  It has specific "Instructions" for that exact reason.  If you just haphazardly come here and start loading mods, don't read the instructions, and start adding other mods on top of it you are going to run into problems.  1.  Read the guide.  2.  Follow the instructions to the letter with no deviation.  3.  Test the game for crashes or other immediate problems after loading each "section".  4.  Once finished with installing the entire guide with no issues, make a temporary character and play the game for an hour or more just running around the world exploring and entering dungeons to look for possible hidden or otherwise obscured issue.  Once you are satisfied that everything is working correctly you can go back and make changes or start adding in other mods that are not included (one at a time and test before installing another) to turn the guide into one customized for you.

If you don't do this, you will have issues and it is no one's fault but your own.

Edited by Kneph13

Someone said this recently here or the in the Classic SRLE guide recently, a brief look didn't turn it up, and I am too lazy to search for it anymore for a quote, so I will reiterate in my own words.  This is not directed at any one individual it is here for all new users and familiar ones alike.

This is a comprehensive (and complicated, especially for a new or inexperienced modder) guide for a reason.  It has specific "Instructions" for that exact reason.  If you just haphazardly come here and start loading mods, don't read the instructions, and start adding other mods on top of it you are going to run into problems.  1.  Read the guide.  2.  Follow the instructions to the letter with no deviation.  3.  Test the game for crashes or other immediate problems after loading each "section".  4.  Once finished with installing the entire guide with no issues, make a temporary character and play the game for an hour or more just running around the world exploring and entering dungeons to look for possible hidden or otherwise obscured issue.  Once you are satisfied that everything is working correctly you can go back and make changes or start adding in other mods that are not included (one at a time and test before installing another) to turn the guide into one customized for you.

If you don't do this, you will have issues and it is no one's fault but your own.

Hear Hear. I've posted comments about specific mods and conflicts within the guide, Even mentioned about my own CR patch and that may help Morrowloots introduction (if wanted) only to have it all buried under idle banter or basic questions about modding that are explicitly mentioned in the guide. :confusion:

Hear Hear. I've posted comments about specific mods and conflicts within the guide, Even mentioned about my own CR patch and that may help Morrowloots introduction (if wanted) only to have it all buried under idle banter or basic questions about modding that are explicitly mentioned in the guide.  :confusion:

I'm going to preface this by saying that I'm not disagreeing that people need to pay very close attention  to instructions. I'm in a field where failing to RTFM can literally result in loss of human life; believe me I get it. 

That said -- guys, it's just a game. People are going to make mistakes and it's not the end of the world to give a little help, even when the error feels like it should've been obvious. While I'm not an 'advanced' modder I'm certainly not inexperienced, and I've still managed to fail an idiot check or three. I think on this board I might've been OG idiot that failed to notice the infamous double 's' in the Stunning Statues install and ended up crashing because of it. And while I'm sure plenty of people rolled their eyes when Lexy had to point that out to me, I'm fine with that; the next person who comes along for help might see it and fix it on their own.

This is a community that learns from making mistakes. The front page of the guide itself says: 'Please do not hesitate to come back to the forum topic - or the STEP forums in general - and ask questions and make suggestions. If there's ANYTHING you're not 100% sure of, please come in and ask us.' And so people have..the beauty being that there's a good group here that chimes in to help, and Lexy and Darth don't end up buried under an avalanche of PMs. Sure, people will make mistakes that wouldn't have happened if they had perfectly followed the guide with absolutely zero mistakes whatsoever, but we're all human. We miss things, it happens. 

TL;DR to err is human and it only takes a few minutes to lend a hand. I realize I may be in the minority with the opinion and that's perfectly fine; I have no authority here and don't speak for anyone but myself.

Edited by Tzefira
  • +1 2

I'm going to preface this by saying that I'm not disagreeing that people need to pay very close attention  to instructions. I'm in a field where failing to RTFM can literally result in loss of human life; believe me I get it. 

That said -- guys, it's just a game. People are going to make mistakes and it's not the end of the world to give a little help, even when the error feels like it should've been obvious. While I'm not an 'advanced' modder I'm certainly not inexperienced, and I've still managed to fail an idiot check or three. I think on this board I might've been OG idiot that failed to notice the infamous double 's' in the Stunning Statues install and ended up crashing because of it. And while I'm sure plenty of people rolled their eyes when Lexy had to point that out to me, I'm fine with that; the next person who comes along for help might see it and fix it on their own.

This is a community that learns from making mistakes. The front page of the guide itself says: 'Please do not hesitate to come back to the forum topic - or the STEP forums in general - and ask questions and make suggestions. If there's ANYTHING you're not 100% sure of, please come in and ask us.' And so people have..the beauty being that there's a good group here that chimes in to help, and Lexy and Darth don't end up buried under an avalanche of PMs. Sure, people will make mistakes that wouldn't have happened if they had perfectly followed the guide with absolutely zero mistakes whatsoever, but we're all human. We miss things, it happens. 

TL;DR to err is human and it only takes a few minutes to lend a hand. I realize I may be in the minority with the opinion and that's perfectly fine; I have no authority here and don't speak for anyone but myself.

I understand your point Tzefira.  I wasn't trying to come across as a perfectionist or a**hat.  I have this setup on Classic and am in the process of installing it for SE and I watch both forums.  I understand that we are human and make mistakes.  You mentioned the double "ss" one. That is an easy one to miss and I will admit that I did it myself.  I just posted my previous entry because I have begun seeing an upswing in the number of questions regarding things that are clearly covered and not adhered to or users here trying to help people only to find out that the person posing the question added this or deleted that and it was the underlying issue.

I just felt that a reminder (admittedly a little terse) was in order.  I am all for helping people and I have been doing that since I began actually posting things on this board and not just following it.

Being one that really tried to do it all herself for first time - and yes did ask minimal questions - 100% you can do this with reading EVERYTHING - watching ALL the Vids and going through ALL this forum - multiple times. 

Then and only then we should ask - and for me - someone already had (thank goodness!)

I am currently waiting on my DynDOLOD - praying to the console gods to make this thing work for me. But I know 1000% I read it all. and all the warnings and prep here I have faith that everything in this guide was done VERY well - especially at Beta level. It was one of the big reasons I started. as it was easy to go on - provided you did EVERYTHING - including the vids.

As a noob I do get both sides - but still did my best to minimise the damage here as this still is currently a forum for experienced players to help Lexy nut out the finer points to her amazing guide. I know I will probably have some further questions once I load this beast to play it. AND only when I am absolutely sure I cant get the answer.

Happy Easter and all the best 

from one Aussie chick that now can pass american for all the GP vids  ::D:

Hmmm enough said on previous posts, so i thought i might "lighten" the mood so to speak:....You have got to love this game and it's quirks, this happened to me on my LE/Classic game, where I'm doing Helgen Reborn quest(apologies to any who may not or have yet to play this mod): So i was sent to find out what the hold up was to the lumber order in Falkreach, and got swindled into joining the fight club. As pit dog with two fights under my belt and a name of "Frosty Maiden", i proceeded to enter my third match. We squared up, whilst the announcer declared the match to the audience, who hissed and boooed or cheered for their respective favorite competitor. The official existed the arena and the gladiator swung his sword at me, which i blocked and counter with my own swing of my sword. At that precise moment, i get a tap on my shoulder and a familiar sounding address....."i have a message for you, your eyes only" "lets see here, that's it got to go". Whilst I'm staring at him thinking "what the hell", i receive a mighty whack to the head by the gladiator, who has dodged my swing and countered in turn. So i ask you..where do i send my complaint too...there's no local post office/courier service, as they are being closed down due to "COSTS"(English joke: happening here to ours) or to Arthmoor for not training his couriers to get there timing right...needless to say i survived with a lump to my head and a lousy flyer about this months festivities ::D:

• +1 1