Lexy's: Legacy of The Dragonborn Special Edition

Has anyone else had nav mesh problems with the Temple of Arkay south of Little Vivec (Moon & Star)?

I've lost M'rissi there a few times now as she gets stuck on the temple roof and can't get down again. One or two of my other followers have sunk into the front entrance as well. I've also noticed wolves getting stuck inside walking/running against the walls.

As for Moon & Star, followers seem to get stuck sometimes in the middle of the bridge. I'm debating whether to nuke one or two ;)

Ouf! Just finish the process of modding this guide, it's quite something, but i got these graphics problems. Could someone help me with this?

https://imgur.com/a/XLPY5

I've not seen that before. Are you using ENB? Does it still look like that if you remove ENB series files?

I'm having an issue with my game ctd'ing as soon as the main menu shows up, it takes the game about a minute to start up, and during that time it uses between 200 and 800 mb of ram.

https://pastebin.com/WJx7XJrv

https://pastebin.com/T4V1DmM8

https://pastebin.com/Kgutnp22

https://pastebin.com/LppCN6Ht

Do you actually see the main menu? Is it crashing before any text shows up?

CTD before you can even select anything in the main menu usually means a missing master. In MO check your right pane for triangles with an exclamation point inside. 

Another thing I've found (it may just be my system but it's happened multiple times so sharing just in case) is that Merge Plugins sometimes spits out a merge that isn't quite right, and that causes my game to crash on loading just like a missing master would. I can tell which it is because when I mouse over my merges in the right pane, good ones show a list of masters just like any other plugin. The culprit merge causes MO to hang/crash when I mouse over it. Once I've found it I re-do the merge, check it in that manner again, and I'm good to go.

Edited by Tzefira

Might be racemenu. Check the mod forums, there are some files that need to be deleted.

I'll try launching without racemenu, and get back to you on that

I've not seen that before. Are you using ENB? Does it still look like that if you remove ENB series files?

Do you actually see the main menu? Is it crashing before any text shows up?

CTD before you can even select anything in the main menu usually means a missing master. In MO check your right pane for triangles with an exclamation point inside. 

Another thing I've found (it may just be my system but it's happened multiple times so sharing just in case) is that Merge Plugins sometimes spits out a merge that isn't quite right, and that causes my game to crash on loading just like a missing master would. I can tell which it is because when I mouse over my merges in the right pane, good ones show a list of masters just like any other plugin. The culprit merge causes MO to hang/crash when I mouse over it. Once I've found it I re-do the merge, check it in that manner again, and I'm good to go.

I'll try disabling the ENB and see if it still happens.

Also none of my plugins have missing masters, but i'll check all my merges, and also try without them, maybe my merged weapons/armor is messing something up, cause i did add an additional 2 dozen or so weapon/armor mods to the merge (compared to what the guide says).

Edit: Should also mention, that launching the game outside of MO works fine, so it's not some issue with windows 10 or with skse or something.

Edit2: Without RaceMenu it doesn't crash imedietly, it shows the loading circle in the bottom right for a few seconds before crashing

Edited by monyarm

I'll try launching without racemenu, and get back to you on that

I'll try disabling the ENB and see if it still happens.

Also none of my plugins have missing masters, but i'll check all my merges, and also try without them, maybe my merged weapons/armor is messing something up, cause i did add an additional 2 dozen or so weapon/armor mods to the merge (compared to what the guide says).

Edit: Should also mention, that launching the game outside of MO works fine, so it's not some issue with windows 10 or with skse or something.

The ENB comment was for a poster before you having graphical issues.

None of my merges crash/hang MO when i mouse over them

If sm0kem's suggestion about racemenu doesn't do it either then start the tried and true Skyrim troubleshoot method. Disable the bottom half of your plugins and see if the game loads properly (watch out that you don't leave any patches, etc with masters in the disabled bunch).

If it doesn't load, disable half of the still-enabled ones. Repeat until it loads.

Whenever it does load, start re-enabling your disabled plugins in small groups until it crashes again. Once it does, disable one by one til it loads. Then you know exactly what's bothering it.

Edited by Tzefira

Found it, it's something from Vivid Weathers - Definitive Edition, though not the esps (i first tried going through the esps, disabling them one by one, and then all at once, but that didn't work, so i started disabling the mods themselves, and Vivid Weathers turned out to be the "crash now" switch)

Rather than using BSA Extractor, i used mod organizers built in BSA extraction, and simply said yes when it asked me if i want to extract the BSAs

Edited by monyarm

Cool. Let me know of your findings, it's an interesting area to explore. I run my game with ugrids 7 and uexterior 64 and it's pretty much bulletproof so far (knock on wood... tree times...)

[Quoting so you're notified, since you asked]

Ok so here's my experiences so far with my changes.

First and foremost: With these changes I have had a 100% stable game after about 10 hours worth of playtime (since I restarted a third time after encountering countless world bugs/crashes after getting to Whiterun before). Those 10 hours have had quite a few hectic battles of 10+ combatants too (Dustman's Cairn for example; I didn't tip-toe around - Draugr and Silverhand's flying all over the place kek). Anyway, I have since had zero CTD's, no randomly-floating-or-spinning objects/NPC's when horse riding or transitioning, no AI derps, no lags or stutters (excluding ENB and distant LOD overhead in the beautiful wilderness) - very good performance!

However, do note that I have a Core i5 8400 and 16GB of DDR4 @ 3200MHz (GPU is an OC'd 970 GTX but these tweaked settings put most stress on CPU and RAM) so if you've lower specs then YMMV.

OK, so these are the only changes/additions I've done apart from what is already recommended in Lexy's guide.

Skyrim.ini:

[General]
uExterior Cell Buffer=100

[Papyrus]
fPostLoadUpdateTimeMS=20000.0
fUpdateBudgetMS=2.0
fExtraTaskletBudgetMS=2.0

Explanation/reasoning:

• uExterior Cell Buffer change will eat more RAM (it's a buffer, afterall) but free RAM is wasted RAM anyway :) inspired by/sourced from this post
  • fPostLoadUpdateTimeMS is apparently a warm-up minimum time added to loading screens to let scripts finish work before the game world resumes. I say apparently because a Bethesda dev said it does but it doesn't seem the case at least anymore - my load screens are definitely much less then 20 seconds. It may only be 20 seconds on initial savegame load or something, either that or SSE is able to take shortcuts and know when scripts are absolutely ready, idk. But, point is, cranking this up to 20000 hasn't hurt, loading screen times haven't bothered me (I didn't care to measure).
  • fUpdateBudgetMS and fExtraTaskletBudgetMS are basically CPU time/scheduling rations to give to Papyrus functions. Everyone recommends never going above 2.0 because this adds to minimum frametime. Also see that previous post from the Bethesda dev where he explains this. But setting both these to 2.0 on my rig has resulted in absolutely zero performance impact, even in heavy combat sequences.

Lastly, there is absolutely no reason to increase uGridsToLoad - all that will do is break quests and derp AI up. In Oldrim, the only valid reason to increase this was for LOD (view distance) but it always had a risk, and now in SE we have uLargeRefLODGridSize to crank up (most recommend 21) to force a distant LOD increase, making this obsolete.

Ok, that's all I have to say on the matter. I highly recommend everyone try these out for better stability and I hope it gives you a rock-solid experience like it has me. Those of you on lower-end systems than me will have to research a balance between performance/stability - my settings may be overkill.

Good luck!

P.S. Now that I've said this, let's see how long until my game makes a fool of me and throws its first crash :teehee:

Edited by CosmicDan

Sorry to be a bother - I am rather stuck and unsure what I am doing wrong - I cannot seem to get my audio merge to, well. bloody merge... 
Stating non-contiguous Plugins - I have redone everything and retried it all and still not cooperating. Is there anything that I am missing or could try to make this one merge nicely like most of the others?
Apologies if this is a simple answer - I just want this all done and am Sooooo close...