Lexy's: Legacy of The Dragonborn Special Edition

Someone with 7 posts is telling to ignore what STEP recommends... i dunno... i'd be careful with such "fixes"

Well in this case it's not so much to *ignore* what STEP recommends here, but rather that the exterior cell buffer should be ramped up higher than what STEP recommends. Also minding that the STEP page he's referring to is about Oldrim which has a 3.5GB process memory limit, right? As for fPostLoadUpdateTimeMS, I know that increasing it has no stability problems - it just makes the load screens longer as it forces a longer period for Papyrus instances to "spin-up" or "bake" (that's my paraphrase from a Bethesda dev explanation). I opted to use 5000 instead of 15000 though.

Based on what he said, he seems to know what he's talking about. If someone can share any further information on the implications of ramping up uExterior Cell Buffer, please do share. I've set mine to 100, because why not - I've a 16GB machine, wanted to see how it went.

After these changes, I have still gotten one weird fast travel glitch followed by a CTD which was new (maybe my uExterior Cell Buffer is too high afterall), but no floating NPC's so far. Fingers crossed.

Oh - I also pushed my fUpdateBudgetMS and fExtraTaskletBudgetMS to 2.0 because I've a nice coffee lake CPU that really wasn't being worked much before anyway. I know what these are for and I've no FPS hit or stutters in combat and the like so far. Even if I did, if it improved my stability on this script-heavy mod instance then I'd still be happy.

If I still encounter issues then I'll take a more scientific approach and try each of these things one at a time.

Edited by CosmicDan

Hi everyone, I have been slowly working myway through the mod list, testing as I go. This means before the end of the list I have started merging to keep my plugin count down. When I have a problem, someone here has already mentioned the issue, and got a reply. So I have found this wikki very useful. My problem comes with merging The AAE Patches along with Lexys LOTD SE - AAE Patch. I have followed the load instructions, including adding the master files. On checking the patch before building it in Merge Plugins, I get two errors for Lexys LOTD SE - AAE Patch, both are:

"unhandedled error NPC_\packages\PKID->found a LVLN reference, expected PACK"

On asking Merge Plugins to fix the issue it creats a new file Lexys LOTD SE - AAE Patch.esp.save in directory"Mod Organiser 2-1-1\mods\Lexy's LOTD SE - AAE Patch-14614-1-0\

My question are:

Have I got something wrong?

Do I ignore the error?

Or do I do something with the new file?

Hoping you are all having a great weekend, and those celebrating Easter not too many Chocoalate eggs at once 

Well in this case it's not so much to *ignore* what STEP recommends here, but rather that the exterior cell buffer should be ramped up higher than what STEP recommends. Also minding that the STEP page he's referring to is about Oldrim which has a 3.5GB process memory limit, right? As for fPostLoadUpdateTimeMS, I know that increasing it has no stability problems - it just makes the load screens longer as it forces a longer period for Papyrus instances to "spin-up" or "bake" (that's my paraphrase from a Bethesda dev explanation). I opted to use 5000 instead of 15000 though.

Based on what he said, he seems to know what he's talking about. If someone can share any further information on the implications of ramping up uExterior Cell Buffer, please do share. I've set mine to 100, because why not - I've a 16GB machine, wanted to see how it went.

After these changes, I have still gotten one weird fast travel glitch followed by a CTD which was new (maybe my uExterior Cell Buffer is too high afterall), but no floating NPC's so far. Fingers crossed.

Oh - I also pushed my fUpdateBudgetMS and fExtraTaskletBudgetMS to 2.0 because I've a nice coffee lake CPU that really wasn't being worked much before anyway. I know what these are for and I've no FPS hit or stutters in combat and the like so far. Even if I did, if it improved my stability on this script-heavy mod instance then I'd still be happy.

If I still encounter issues then I'll take a more scientific approach and try each of these things one at a time.

Cool. Let me know of your findings, it's an interesting area to explore. I run my game with ugrids 7 and uexterior 64 and it's pretty much bulletproof so far (knock on wood... tree times...)

Shouldn't need to mess with uGrids any more. That was supposed to be an Oldrim only issue.

As regards any currently missing mods, just ignore them for now. If/when they come back you can add them or not as you wish.

I'm not 100% on how Merge Plugins does it's thing, but my version doesn't create a .save file. I'd hazard a guess that's a backup of the original esp that was 'fixed'. Have a peek at it in xEdit if you're unsure.

Passover for some of us   :;):  But sentiment appreciated, happy [insert holiday here] to you too!

happy friday! there, everyone is satisfied

I notice some. I use Obsidian now but had the same thing going on when using Vivid + fogs. DynDolod at the very end of its log had spit out a long list of things which it warned me could cause z-fighting (I don't have the log in front of me so can't quote) and many entries had to do with data missing from Realistic Water Two for whatever reason. After re-downloading and reinstalling RWT I still had the same notices in DD and still have minor Z-fighting, so I'm not sure what it might be.

Yeah I saw that after the dyndolod generation. Honestly I have read that this may be a skyrim se bug that hasn't been patched yet with the UOP. So we will see....I have been playing for 20 hours or so without any ctd's or glitches despite the z-fighting. So maybe I will just ignore it...

Someone with 7 posts is telling to ignore what STEP recommends... i dunno... i'd be careful with such "fixes"

lol looks like the guy with three posts knows more about the ini files than a lot of people with hundreds of useless posts lol. His response to your quote above was measured and knowledgeable which is why the number of posts people have and their rank doesn't mean ****-all lol. Unless their title is pack author or moderator. Point is, be nice

Edited by Gilgamesh2k5

Hey, I've ran into a little problem with converting  Better Dynamic Snow - NSUTR Patch.esp and  Better Dynamic Snow.esp in the creationkit. I esmify both esps using Wyrebash no problem. But when I open them in the Creation kit I cant activate them as the active file as you cant activate masters as the active file in the creation kit, the only thing I can do is open them then save them but it asks me to select a directory....

Not sure what i've done wrong sorry. Can anyone see where I messed up?

Thanks for the help :)

Hey thanks a lot you guys for this guide. Such detail and effort, enjoying it a lot! With one exception, though...

The Sofia follower mod is an absolute buggy mess and the developer seems pretty lousy - they're active on Nexus Mods (approving images) but not responding to anybody's bug reports, no acknowledgement at all. Anyway it's been the cause of significant stability problems for me (her MCM menu causing CTD's, she often disappears and glitches out, and more) so I highly recommend it be removed, at least until the dev sorts stuff out. We cannot do it easily because one of the compatibility patches you made depends on it :\ hopefully if I just reset her and ignore her I can get some stability back.

Apart from that, thanks so much - having a blast.

Sent in email!

EDIT: Wait, it's not hidden now. 1.5 Alpha was just released though, so it was temporary while updating I guess.

thank you so much hehe

Hey, I've ran into a little problem with converting  Better Dynamic Snow - NSUTR Patch.esp and  Better Dynamic Snow.esp in the creationkit. I esmify both esps using Wyrebash no problem. But when I open them in the Creation kit I cant activate them as the active file as you cant activate masters as the active file in the creation kit, the only thing I can do is open them then save them but it asks me to select a directory....

You only need to set Better Dynamic Snow - NSUTR Patch.esp as active file

You shouldn't be ESMifying Better Dynamic Snow - NSUTR Patch.esp.

That's your problem.

Well, you don't need to esmify patch file, only it's maters. In this case better dynamic snow.esp

You shouldn't be ESMifying Better Dynamic Snow - NSUTR Patch.esp.

That's your problem.

So I only ESMify better dynamic snow.esp? and only resave Better Dynamic Snow - NSUTR Patch.esp in the Creationkit? Thanks for all the help guys.