Lexy's: Legacy of The Dragonborn Special Edition

Hey, 

In the prerequisites guide there is instructions to enable AA in the driver, but MSAA through driver doesn't work with SE from what i have read and it is definitely not working in game. 

I re-enabled TAA which is extremely blurry, but better than jaggies and seems to work with Re-engage. At least i haven't seen anything to indicate it doesn't. 

those instructions actually from the Skyrim Re-engaged nexus page.

Yeah you're but still a slight correction needed to the guide as it is FXAA that the author says you can force through the driver not Multisampling. 

I think FXAA is nearly as blurry as TAA and both can be done through the game files anyway so it may be worth removing that section. 

Yeah you're but still a slight correction needed to the guide as it is FXAA that the author says you can force through the driver not Multisampling. 

I think FXAA is nearly as blurry as TAA and both can be done through the game files anyway so it may be worth removing that section. 

So we want to turn off FXAA in the driver and readd TAA or FXAA via BethINI?

So we want to turn off FXAA in the driver and readd TAA or FXAA via BethINI?

Well you don't have to, i just don't see what difference it makes apart from the driver can force a higher level. 

If you do keep the guide the same you just need add the instruction to enable fxaa in the driver and then the rest can stay the same. 

If you don't enable the FXAA setting in the driver specifically then AA just won't work because currently it is trying to force MSAA which is incompatible with the engine. 

Edit: You beat me too it. 

Edited by Jim102929

DarkladyLexy, you misunderstood what I meant about CLARALUX for SSE - Support Patches.  It should not be downloaded and installed into the left side of MO2 until late in the load.  Otherwise it will not automaticly pick up all the patches it needs.

Edited by BuddyKidd

DarkladyLexy, you misunderstood what I meant about CLARALUX for SSE - Support Patches.  It should not be downloaded and installed into the left side of MO2 until late in the load.  It does not need a LOOT fix.

oh i see I guess that because of it's automatic installer? in that case you should just be able to select what you want from the fomod. I going to created a merge for them later on anyway

oh i see I guess that because of it's automatic installer? in that case you should just be able to select what you want from the fomod. I going to created a merge for them later on anyway

It will select the patches you need automaticlly.  Then you can create a merge for them.

Edited by BuddyKidd

Lexy, are you going to have TMW in this guide? You may want to include the following remarks:

after installation, remove the following files:

- textures\actors\character\facegendata\facetint\skyrim.esm\0002bf9d - コピー.dds

- textures\actors\character\facegendata\facetint\skyrim.esm\0002bf9f - コピー.dds

after installation, remove the following folder:

- textures\actors\character\brynjolf\enthir

The japanese characters in the two texture files mean -copy and I doubt those files are really needed. The folder enthir nested inside textures\actors\character\brynjolf\ is exactly the same as the folder enthir nested directly in textures\actors\character\ (which seems to be the correct path).

I caught this because either WB refuses to install files with non western characters in them, or 7zip can't process them, or windows explorer won't. Scanning for the guilty files I caught the extra enthir folder, too.

I'm testing the mod with the files removed to check if everything works, but also contacting the author to ask if it's ok to delete them.

The same goes for the Legendary Edition version of the mod, so if it proves right to delete them for one, it's ok for both.

never noticed these before but i guess I wouldn't of since i don't use Wrye Bash as my mod manger, I've added them to SRLE Extended LOTD.

Hi Lexy,

I'm getting ahead of us a bit but, thought I'd give you a heads up so this is on your radar.

Blowing in the wind includes a patch for CLARALUX you can select during install.  The .esp it installs is named "Blowing in the wind - CLARALUX Patch. SSE.esp". 

The problem is that this esp references "CLARALUX - SSE.esp" as one of its masters instead of CLARALUX's actual esp name wich is "CLARALUX SSE.esp".

I did some reading and, from what I understand, you can't just change the master that the esp references but, you have to go through the entire esp for any references to that master and change those too?  This makes it a job for the mod author?

For now, I've just disabled that patch.

-Xaxilis

Edited by Xaxilis

Hi Lexy,

I'm getting ahead of us a bit but, thought I'd give you a heads up so this is on your radar.

Blowing in the wind includes a patch for CLARALUX you can select during install.  The .esp it installs is named "Blowing in the wind - CLARALUX Patch. SSE.esp". 

The problem is that this esp references "CLARALUX - SSE.esp" as one of its masters instead of CLARALUX's actual esp name wich is "CLARALUX SSE.esp".

I did some reading and, from what I understand, you can't just change the master that the esp references but, you have to go through the entire esp for any references to that master and change those too?  This makes it a job for the mod author?

For now, I've just disabled that patch.

-Xaxilis

I will let my lady know but we may not even need the patch:

• Blowing in the Wind: CLARALUX has full inbuilt support for the lanterns of this mod, therefore no patches from BitW are needed if CLARALUX offers one. The BitW SMIM patch is also not needed and neither is the BitW Main ESP unless you use a patch for which CLARALUX does not offer one yet. In that case put BitW above CLARALUX in your load order.

You know guy i am not convinced Vsync is working properly through the driver. I was playing and round notice what looks uncapped frames so decided to turn of the Limiter and frame rate shot up to like over 100 thing is my monitor is only 60Hz but  sure with Vsync enabled it shouldn't be doing that. With the limiter is solder 59.7fps (since that is what we are limiting too).

very curious ENB Vsync without limiter appears work OK and so does with having it on INI but I still get what can only be describes as line on my monitor that flickers when i move the mouse it is quite annoying.

I will let my lady know but we may not even need the patch:

• Blowing in the Wind: CLARALUX has full inbuilt support for the lanterns of this mod, therefore no patches from BitW are needed if CLARALUX offers one. The BitW SMIM patch is also not needed and neither is the BitW Main ESP unless you use a patch for which CLARALUX does not offer one yet. In that case put BitW above CLARALUX in your load order.

I read on Claralux webpage that it had built in compatibility yesterday when I looked at it (Thank you Lexy for bringing it to my attension). There was also another poster saying there was no patch for ICAIO and ETAC, but Jenna Bee says right on her page that there is a patch. I know you people are trying to help but you really should spend the time reading mod pages just like guide authors have to read up on all of the crap. 

My opinion on Claralux is that it has a lot of options but I don't really like the light posts. I'm not really a fan of Lantern of Skyrim either because there are too many light posts along roads in my opinion.