Lexy's: Legacy of The Dragonborn Special Edition

well the trees and flora experiment is on hold due not being able to get DynDOLOD to even run keeps crashing might need to consult the master on that one.

Edit: Now I wait.

I was able to get dyndolod to run every single time since I started this build. I remember running DynDOLOD used to be more complex with SSE, like running for trees only and terrain&statics separately, but I think version 2.36 for SE runs just like 2.35 for LE. Still I'm not using it at the moment for the only reason that I can't get good billboards for my trees (they are VANILLA trees but with Vurt's old textures from SFO 1.81 or thereabouts. They look fantastic and have full branch animations unlike what you get with any mod that alters vanilla meshes (SFO, EVT, etc). Just don't match perfectly with vanilla billboards due to textures being a bit darker. For that reason I'm also holding on DynDOLOD and just trying to not forget installing the LOD thad come with the mods. Yeah, back to 2015 :)

I was able to get dyndolod to run every single time since I started this build. I remember running DynDOLOD used to be more complex with SSE, like running for trees only and terrain&statics separately, but I think version 2.36 for SE runs just like 2.35 for LE. Still I'm not using it at the moment for the only reason that I can't get good billboards for my trees (they are VANILLA trees but with Vurt's old textures from SFO 1.81 or thereabouts. They look fantastic and have full branch animations unlike what you get with any mod that alters vanilla meshes (SFO, EVT, etc). Just don't match perfectly with vanilla billboards due to textures being a bit darker. For that reason I'm also holding on DynDOLOD and just trying to not forget installing the LOD thad come with the mods. Yeah, back to 2015 :)

did you do what the video says when it comes to the DynDoLOD section cos that's the part I am having issue with I think I shouldn't be deleting the files in the DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\cache folder

Lexy, I've been chewing on this crazy idea for some time, have you guys ever thought of making a modular guide? I mean with a core, stable and conflict resolved, and then modular "flavours" also conflict resolved within themselves and with the core. My reasoning is that I've always installed most of the guide but left much of the survival and combat out, to make room for more exploration and treasure hunting. I know others here have also focused on exploration, like trying to install every mod that's supported by Legacy to have a full museum, etc, while many definitely prefer the improved mechanics and survival aspects. There may be other "flavours" compatible, but these two are what come to mind: 1) Roleplay, survival and enhanced combat, and 2) exploration, treasure hunting and new lands. The reason for not having it all is obviously the esp count, not that the mods are incompatible SAVE SOME EXCEPTIONS.

Having two "flavours" would allow each to explore its maximum potential. For example, I love ICAIO but it just collides with a lot of stuff because of its dependency on certain statics and its own navmeshes. ICAIO does work great on a game focused on roleplay, while it could be left out and replaced by simpler mods or mod combinations (I'm trying a combination of RDO, Follower Dialogue Overhaul, Realistic Conversations and New Tavern Idles, which - if it works - could be an alternative on the exploration flavour due to greater compatibility with landscape editing mods). Having two (or more?) alternative solid builds should leave some esp room for users to add other mods of their own preference. It also means that mods only need to be conflict resolved in the build that they fit in, and with the core. If users want they can mix a few mods from one flavour with the other, just like they can add whichever mod themselves, only then they'd have to fix any conflicts arising.

did you do what the video says when it comes to the DynDoLOD section cos that's the part I am having issue with I think I shouldn't be deleting the files in the DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\cache folder

I'd try simply running DynDOLOD and making sure you have the right billboards for your tree mashup. The video is from last August and may not apply anymore? Make sure it's the latest verstion of DynDOLOD for SE. The discussion thread on it implies that some people actually got dynamic lods like windmills and waterfalls to work, while some are still having trouble. I suppose to some extent it will depend on each one's mod list.

I'd try simply running DynDOLOD and making sure you have the right billboards for your tree mashup. The video is from last August and may not apply anymore? Make sure it's the latest verstion of DynDOLOD for SE. The discussion thread on it implies that some people actually got dynamic lods like windmills and waterfalls to work, while some are still having trouble. I suppose to some extent it will depend on each one's mod list.

yeah I have Reinstalled DynDOLOD after Sheson pretty told me to RTFM and it's running as we speak.

as to your question about a more modular guide yes i have thought about. I wouldn't know where to start of patches thou the amount of work to maintain lots of little patches is actually a lot harder than one huge one but I will think about it.

Edit: and DynDOLOD Crashes again that's it I am done for today can't be arsed with this now.

The best solution I've got for trees doesn't differ very much from the one in the video, only I avoided Enhanced Vanilla Trees or Simply Bigger Trees because they alter the tree meshes and thus prevent full tree animations. So I got to this tree build:

1. Skyrim Bigger Trees (not Skysight's Simply Bigger Trees, which alters tree meshes) - scales up trees in a reasonable way, not all by the same factor. In some places the author actually scales down trees to achieve a better overall landscape. I think it works great. Needed to port from LE. I use the LIGHT option in the fomod, including riften area, which doesn't scale trees up so much so you still get most vistas and stuff.

2. Optional Vurt's HD textures taken from Simply Bigger Trees (it's a miscellaneous or optional file, not the main)

3. HQ Tree Bark.

4. Aspen leaf texture from this mod: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/75491 (the billboards I got from the forum here's the link https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B612uEp40RI1SUt3WUwwZWNRQmM/view?usp=sharing)

Then I add immersive fallen trees and Enhanced Landscapes Oaks standalone, which are pretty standalone mods.

That's it for the trees! Works great, but I'm missing the right tree billboards for the pines. But if I use SBT's included lods and don't run DynDOLOD it fits pretty well. Maybe one of the vanilla indistiguishable billboards (there are several options) works well, haven't tried yet.

Here's my flora mix. SFO there is only for the grass and plants (I need bulrushes in my game!). My FPS rocks, hardly comes below 55 in most places, even with Veydosebrom and Unbelievable Grass Two combined. If I didn't mind not having so much grass in my game (but I do!) I bet I'd be at cap FPS all the time.

071 - ==12 Flora==

++ 072 - 1200 Whiterun Forest Borealis with Indistinguishable LODs-11343-1-0c.7z (62126C33) (Installed)
++ 073 - 1200ext Skyrim Flora Overhaul SE v2.72a-2154-.7z (28A5B184) (Installed)
++ 074 - 1201 Skyrim Bigger Trees 1.6-17168-.7z (8BD26484) (Installed)
++ 075 - 1201a Optional HD Textures by Vurt (of SFO fame)-5281-1-0SE.7z (F80B02B3) (Installed)
++ 076 - 1201b Simply Bigger Trees SE - PLANTS-5281-1-0SE.7z (FBAED5DA) (Installed)
++ 077 - 1202c BILLBOARDS for Vanilla Trees-5281-1-0.rar (5C0E7233) (Installed)
++ 078 - 1203 HQ Tree Bark-6556-1-1.7z (D486EA9A) (Installed)
++ 079 - 1204 Aspen texture-75491-.7z (DF86F222) (Installed)
++ 080 - 1204a Tree LOD-75491-1-0.7z (3CD44EC2) (Installed)
++ 081 - 1204b Natural Aspen Recolor - Billboard.7z (329F2CF5) (Installed)
++ 082 - 1205 ELOS Oaks autumnal SSE-73161-2-2.7z (79FF7453) (Installed)
++ 083 - 1206 Immersive Fallen Trees SSE-8767-2-0-1.7z (D340EC7A) (Installed)
++ 084 - 1207 Veydosebrom - Grasses and Groundcover-10543-1-5c.7z (6E69FF3C) (Installed)
++ 085 - 1209 Unbelievable Grass SSE 1.1-4082-1-1.7z (958AFDA2) (Installed)
++ 086 - 1210 Landscape Fixes For Grass Mods-9005-4.7z (986E3916) (Installed)
++ 087 - +++ Trees and Flora Merge.7z (507A3352) (Installed)

Edited by godescalcus

as to your question about a more modular guide yes i have thought about. I wouldn't know where to start of patches thou the amount of work to maintain lots of little patches is actually a lot harder than one huge one but I will think about it.

Edit: and DynDOLOD Crashes again that's it I am done for today can't be arsed with this now.

Shoot. For me it doesn't crash as long as I turn off the bashed patch. I temporarily activate some merged mods that add landscape bit just to make sure they're taken in by DynDOLOD. Another mod I know that can't be run with DynDOLOD at the moment is Beyond Skyrim: Bruma. But their own lods are pretty good. Baring that, it runs...

I'm "having fun" trying to add RS Children and its patches... LOL I'm letting the available patches guide me to which mods I install just so I can test it and merge the plethora of patches. Then it's Palaces and Castles Enhanced...

DarkladyLexy, The 'Special Installation Instructions' in the main guide for [Not So Fast - Main Quest] Not So Fast - Main Quest - v1.6 and [Not So Fast - Mage Guild] Not So Fast - Mage Guild - v1.4 , both by mod author CDCoole, should be removed.

The instructions direct that the .jpg and .txt files provided with the mods be deleted (or not installed).  The .jpg files show the player the locations of the special containers added to the game by the mods to allow the player to make the adjustments available through the mods in-game.  The .txt files are the only source for the console command codes available to the player to make the same mod-provided adjustments.

I would be happy to make the changes, since the edits do not involve changing mod names, but your ongoing deletion of 'unnecessary' files from installed mods to reduce the space used by this build made posting this seem better course of action.

I didn't realize that I'll update that thanks.

I deleted the special instructions and added comments about the .jpg and .txt files to the mod comments for each mod.  What threw me off when I installed these two mods was that they have MCM menus in SLE, and didn't see any for them.  I deleted and reinstalled all installed mods up to these two, and still no MCM menus.  I dug into the mod documentation and found out that the SSE versions do not have MCM menus.

Edited by Decopauge123