Lexy's: Legacy of The Dragonborn Special Edition

Yes its that old fart again, i need confirmation on the "Trees, flora and grass section, under the old SFO classic part the guide says :- Main FILES - SFO Billboards for 2.5b, MAIN FILES - Dyndolod 3D trees

but both of these files are in the old section on the webpage, am i reading this right?

Yes its that old fart again, i need confirmation on the "Trees, flora and grass section, under the old SFO classic part the guide says :- Main FILES - SFO Billboards for 2.5b, MAIN FILES - Dyndolod 3D trees

but both of these files are in the old section on the webpage, am i reading this right?

yes they are down in the old files section I will update that.

mmm Well the only thing i can think of is if it is not ENB Helper it then change in Bethini from using Full Screen mode to Windowed Mode. also Grab the latest ENB Binaries Boris has a habit of updating without a version number change. I will be changing the ENB soon anyway.

Thanks.

I had already tried the window/Full screen ...  didn't work.

Updated to ENB .373  ... didn't work.

Tried the Silent Horizons ENB  ...  everything's really bright outside.  Unfortunately, it's too washed out or whatnot...not a big fan.  On my PC, doesn't look like screenshots.

ENBs I was using before the update was Intrigued, NVT and Re-engaged (not at the same time)... all 3 are by same author and all 3 are now quite a bit darker than before.  In the posts for NVT, someone else posted getting darker days after re-installing.  Supposedly using PrivateProfileRedirector 1.5.73 was causing it (1.5.62 is ok to use) ... but we don't use that.

Only other thing that it could be is that we changed Skyrim versions... wondering if that would cause it somehow?

EDIT:  Oopps..we do use PrivateProfileRedirector....

Edited by Tombkeeper

Hi Lexy,

i have an annoying issue with follower.

So i suddenly have followers i dont want. and i cant remove them.

There is an option when i talk to them, "remove from framework" but nevertheless they follow me.

And the second thing is they are too overpowered. which mod is responsible for that?

PrivateProfileRedirector was the problem. 

Disabled it.  Re-installed the ENB and back to normal.   :)    Re-tried Silent Horizons also and it too looks better than before.

Fix: 

Disabled PrivateProfileRedirector. 

Re-install ENB. 

Install the old PrivateProfileRedirector 0.3.3

Change AllowSEVersionMismatch to 1 in the INI for PrivateProfileRedirector.

(Thanks to user odikzz2 on NexusMods for posting that solution)

Can now change ENBs without issues again.   :)

After the new updates, its really dark outside during the day. Is this because of the new ENB Helper mod? Is there a way to make it brighter outside?

See my post regarding PrivateProfileRedirector above.  See if that helps.

Edited by Tombkeeper
  • +1 1

Hi Lexy,

i have an annoying issue with follower.

So i suddenly have followers i dont want. and i cant remove them.

There is an option when i talk to them, "remove from framework" but nevertheless they follow me.

And the second thing is they are too overpowered. which mod is responsible for that?

Do you remember which followers they were specifically?

Hi all,

First time installer here, first off thanks for all the work and for the fantastic guide.

I'm having three somewhat minor issues and was hoping somebody might have an idea what's going on before I try and brute-force my way through a fix.

First off, bare human hands are not displaying. I can see gloves, but the arms end in stumps when the hand isn't covered.

Secondly, the trees around Helgen (and I would assume other snowy areas) don't have properly generated leaves, I'm just getting blue boxes.

Thirdly, the surface of enchanting stations aren't generating properly, it's just a flat blue.

Just wondering if any of these are common or have obvious fixes? Thanks in advance!

A) That sounds like an issue in the NPC Retexture area - take a look at the related mods and ensure they were all installed correctly.

B) Blue boxes are missing textures - given how complex that Trees and Flora section is now, it's not surprising that something was done wrong. Again, go through all the instructions for that section, and ensure you are deleting/altering the correct files.

C) That's another missing texture - there's only one or two mods that alter the enchantment station, so (as with the above two) check the instructions and ensure the correct files are taken care of as directed.

Do you remember which followers they were specifically?

He's going about it wrong. Using the "Remove from Framework" doesn't tell followers to stop following. He needs to be looking for the "It's time we separated" kind of option, which will tell them, in essence, to go home.

A) That sounds like an issue in the NPC Retexture area - take a look at the related mods and ensure they were all installed correctly.

B) Blue boxes are missing textures - given how complex that Trees and Flora section is now, it's not surprising that something was done wrong. Again, go through all the instructions for that section, and ensure you are deleting/altering the correct files.

C) That's another missing texture - there's only one or two mods that alter the enchantment station, so (as with the above two) check the instructions and ensure the correct files are taken care of as directed.

He's going about it wrong. Using the "Remove from Framework" doesn't tell followers to stop following. He needs to be looking for the "It's time we separated" kind of option, which will tell them, in essence, to go home.

Haha im not silly bro:) if this option would be available i would choose it.

Theres only share items and remove from framework. Then a Message appears xxx left slot 2. But nevertheless he or she is following me...with a strength as a God.

Hello and thanks for this great guide !

How often the game crash after the guide ? Honestly ! ^_^

the game doenst crash believe me! i mod skyrim for 4 years and made dozend of modding guides. spended 1000 of hours in finding where the mistake is.

each guide was a faile what reason else.. but this is the first guide where my game is stable !! go again through the guide and check if you did everything as written

Edited by Memoso

I just re-installed the guide to the latest -was previously running the end of December version- and in early returns my new install seems to be running smoothly and I am happy about the recent changes.

I wanted to ask about one issue I encountered -- My character had a missing texture for the axe when wearing the campfire backpacks. The axe looked fine in inventory and in first and 3rd person views, but broken/purple on the backpack... which is of course where I am most likely to see, and be annoyed by, it.

Since the versions of campfire, frostfall and their unofficial patch are unchanged from my old install which didn't have this issue I wound up focused on the other mods that seemed to touch the axe and had changed in the guide - the Forgotten Retex optional and ElSopa 2K.

Deactivating ElSopa made no difference, but with the Forgotten Retex optional file inactive my back-axe looks right. I wanted to check if rolling back the FR file to the older version would help, but I appear to have tossed or overwritten the old installer. I am a bit concerned since FR is a "core" mod in the guide.

Anyway, my question is: is this reasonable / should that FR file be left out vs. am I missing something and/or will leaving out the FR file break something elsewhere.

I just re-installed the guide to the latest -was previously running the end of December version- and in early returns my new install seems to be running smoothly and I am happy about the recent changes.

I wanted to ask about one issue I encountered -- My character had a missing texture for the axe when wearing the campfire backpacks. The axe looked fine in inventory and in first and 3rd person views, but broken/purple on the backpack... which is of course where I am most likely to see, and be annoyed by, it.

Since the versions of campfire, frostfall and their unofficial patch are unchanged from my old install which didn't have this issue I wound up focused on the other mods that seemed to touch the axe and had changed in the guide - the Forgotten Retex optional and ElSopa 2K.

Deactivating ElSopa made no difference, but with the Forgotten Retex optional file inactive my back-axe looks right. I wanted to check if rolling back the FR file to the older version would help, but I appear to have tossed or overwritten the old installer. I am a bit concerned since FR is a "core" mod in the guide.

Anyway, my question is: is this reasonable / should that FR file be left out vs. am I missing something and/or will leaving out the FR file break something elsewhere.

the Forgotten Retex is a texture mods so can be safe left out if needed