Lexy's: Legacy of The Dragonborn Special Edition

Hello and thanks for this great guide !

How often the game crash after the guide ? Honestly ! ^_^

the game doenst crash believe me! i mod skyrim for 4 years and made dozend of modding guides. spended 1000 of hours in finding where the mistake is.

each guide was a faile what reason else.. but this is the first guide where my game is stable !! go again through the guide and check if you did everything as written

Edited by Memoso

I just re-installed the guide to the latest -was previously running the end of December version- and in early returns my new install seems to be running smoothly and I am happy about the recent changes.

I wanted to ask about one issue I encountered -- My character had a missing texture for the axe when wearing the campfire backpacks. The axe looked fine in inventory and in first and 3rd person views, but broken/purple on the backpack... which is of course where I am most likely to see, and be annoyed by, it.

Since the versions of campfire, frostfall and their unofficial patch are unchanged from my old install which didn't have this issue I wound up focused on the other mods that seemed to touch the axe and had changed in the guide - the Forgotten Retex optional and ElSopa 2K.

Deactivating ElSopa made no difference, but with the Forgotten Retex optional file inactive my back-axe looks right. I wanted to check if rolling back the FR file to the older version would help, but I appear to have tossed or overwritten the old installer. I am a bit concerned since FR is a "core" mod in the guide.

Anyway, my question is: is this reasonable / should that FR file be left out vs. am I missing something and/or will leaving out the FR file break something elsewhere.

I just re-installed the guide to the latest -was previously running the end of December version- and in early returns my new install seems to be running smoothly and I am happy about the recent changes.

I wanted to ask about one issue I encountered -- My character had a missing texture for the axe when wearing the campfire backpacks. The axe looked fine in inventory and in first and 3rd person views, but broken/purple on the backpack... which is of course where I am most likely to see, and be annoyed by, it.

Since the versions of campfire, frostfall and their unofficial patch are unchanged from my old install which didn't have this issue I wound up focused on the other mods that seemed to touch the axe and had changed in the guide - the Forgotten Retex optional and ElSopa 2K.

Deactivating ElSopa made no difference, but with the Forgotten Retex optional file inactive my back-axe looks right. I wanted to check if rolling back the FR file to the older version would help, but I appear to have tossed or overwritten the old installer. I am a bit concerned since FR is a "core" mod in the guide.

Anyway, my question is: is this reasonable / should that FR file be left out vs. am I missing something and/or will leaving out the FR file break something elsewhere.

the Forgotten Retex is a texture mods so can be safe left out if needed

Hi,

I have a CTD every time I pass Hollyfrost Farm. I'm not sure exactly where I need to start looking to find the problem. I did double check the Stunning Statues of Skyrim installation. I did the coc check to those locations and never had any problems. 

I fast traveled to the orc stronghold in that area. After the orc "greeting" I had a CTD. No freezing, hard CTD every time. I tried going around the farm and still CTD.

I'm level 6 and just trying out the guide in anticipation of V5 of the museum (yay). The game has been great up until this point

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks so much for the guide! 

Hi,

I have a CTD every time I pass Hollyfrost Farm. I'm not sure exactly where I need to start looking to find the problem. I did double check the Stunning Statues of Skyrim installation. I did the coc check to those locations and never had any problems. 

I fast traveled to the orc stronghold in that area. After the orc "greeting" I had a CTD. No freezing, hard CTD every time. I tried going around the farm and still CTD.

I'm level 6 and just trying out the guide in anticipation of V5 of the museum (yay). The game has been great up until this point

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks so much for the guide! 

Well the first thing that comes to mind is SIC is generating Wolf pups try deactivate Animal spawn in the SIC MCM.

Well the first thing that comes to mind is SIC is generating Wolf pups try deactivate Animal spawn in the SIC MCM.

I don't know why I didn't think of that. I read that about SIC more than once. Tried it, didn't work. The CTD happens EVERY time at the second snowberry bush when passing the farm. Always. Thanks for the suggestion Lexy!

While I've been searching about my CTD problem I found the videos made by PhoenixSunstar001. The diffiulty is HIGH! Hard to notice that when wandering around with /tgm.  ::):  

I may need to find a way to just make the game look good and have the extras without the combat mods. I may only have about an hour to play at a time and I don't want to spend all of the time dying  :woot:  :lol:  :cry: . I do really like the extra places added with this guide. I used the LE version of the guide several years ago. It was awesome! My main play through on that build has over 500 hours on one character before that characters save file got borked. One step forward with her and the screen now goes black. I loved that build!

Edited by hummingbird

Hi Lexy,

• Main Guide - Gameplay Section - Inn Rooms Costs - Added Missing Bruma Patch

the Bruma patch was already there. or am i wrong?

it was point out to me on Discord taht although i said to add that to the miscellaneous merge it wasn't actually on the main guide.

If creating a merge in zmerge where entering the file name and the esp name, you can now choose between two merging methods. "clean merge down" and "clobber merge old version"

DO we still use the old version??

use the "clobber merge old version" this the default option so no need to change it

Does anybody have any advice for preventing bloat and/or corruption on longtime playthroughs with this many mods?

I've been going strong with this one character for about two months with the intent to complete the Dragonborn Gallery before the big v5.0 release, but have recently run into a serious issue: crashing on save, no matter when or where.

Loading older saves still results in crashing on save. Starting a new game results in much smoother (almost immediate) save times and zero issues. I understand that with nearly 700 mods things will get bogged down, but there has to be some way to fix this.

I downloaded this script cleaner [https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/5031?tab=description] and ran ReSaver, cleaning up orphaned scripts and undefined elements, but it was of no use.

With mods like Not So Fast, Dawnguard/Dragonborn Delayed, and the Companions quest overhaul, you can't really get the full experience of this mod setup without putting in a lot of hours, but that also results in a lot of bloat. It probably doesn't help that for this character I've also been collecting one of every armor piece, weapon, and some clutter to store in the museum, but that shouldn't be that big of an issue, right?

After 83 hours on this character, I'm loath to start a whole new game, but if I do I will want to ensure that this doesn't happen again.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-Simply make sure you don't have any scripts to remove, whille some scripts are harmless to remove/uninstall the mod midgame, others will cause problems down the line.

Been in your situation a bunch of times. Rule of thumb, install then play. YMMW

Edited by lassin

Hi Lexy,

with that new ENB (which looks amazing) i have always and big red circle in the middle of the game.. it looks like an egg from left to right. :(

disable global effect in enb settings ingame makes the circle also go away. it seems like an colour problem maybe? but whats the reason?

Hi Lexy,

with that new ENB (which looks amazing) i have always and big red circle in the middle of the game.. it looks like an egg from left to right. :(

disable global effect in enb settings ingame makes the circle also go away. it seems like an colour problem maybe? but whats the reason?

I really don't know I have never heard of that one.