Skyrim Performance Monitor Testing Hall

Kelmych

Skyrim Performance Monitor Testing Hall was created by jet4571 to provide a fairly short, highly varied, repeatable testing enviroment for Skyrim. It was primarily build for testing Skyrim Performance Monitor, but it could also be very useful in testing STEP mod baselines and the effects of mod changes and additions. It has a beginning and an end, and you go through 7 different environments during the test each with different groups of enemies. It is intended to create stress on the system. I haven't tried it yet but I plan to do so shortly.

• 7 months later...

I think it is said somewhere (so don't quote me on it!) that SPM isn't 100% accurate with how much RAM/VRAM Skyrim uses, but is close enough for comparisons.

I haven't used SPM for awhile now, ever since the advent of ENB 2.00+ and upgrading to a Titan, I've never gotten near my RAM/VRAM limits so I stopped looking.

I guess its a good tool for looking at FPS over time though. I also think the new ENB no longer allow Fraps to run concurrently.

• 1 month later...

I am not sure if everyone is aware of this but you can install "Skyrim Performance Monitor" (SPM)

Link;  https://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/6491/

and use it in Skyrim - through Mod Organizer.  You just need to set up Skyrim Performance Monitor like this;

Skyrim INI File Path:

C:\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\ModOrganizer\profiles\(Your profile name here)\skyrim.ini

Skyrim Main Program File Path:

C:\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\TESV.exe

Skyrim Launcher File Path:

C:\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\ModOrganizer\ModOrganizer.exe

Then when you run SPM hit Launch Skyrim and it will launch MO.  Then launch SKSE through MO and you have SPM in skyrim with whatever profile name you choose.

It is such a sweet program to see how your system is handeling your setup.

Well I am unsure what you mean by that, since the function of the program is to Monitor, not Stress.

It displays in the upper left corner of your screen as you play, indoors or out.

RAM % use

VRAM % use

Disk I/O

CPU % use

GPU % use

GPU Temp

Threads # use

FRPS