Morroblivion Overhaul

Diana_TES_GotH

Lastly, being an ****** does not help anyone get anywhere.

Whoa, let's keep it civil.  I in no way attacked you.. I simply suggested that it sounds like a problem strictly on your end to be figured out... I highly doubt it's a WB bug and it's not an issue with the instructions of the guide... Thus I have to assume PEBKAC until some other evidence arises...  If it turns out to be a WB issue or something in the guide then I'll be the first to admit I was wrong..

Maybe it's best that I refrain from responding to guide users in Diana's thread.

Whoa, let's keep it civil.  I in no way attacked you.. I simply suggested that it sounds like a problem strictly on your end to be figured out... I highly doubt it's a WB bug and it's not an issue with the instructions of the guide... Thus I have to assume PEBKAC until some other evidence arises...  If it turns out to be a WB issue or something in the guide then I'll be the first to admit I was wrong..

Maybe it's best that I refrain from responding to guide users in Diana's thread.

No, please do post, that is how we get to learn.  I read no offense in your post and this was just an overreaction.  

Schvanys_Epitome, these authors are some of the finest you can find and have helped me numerous times out of the goodness of their heart. Please work the problem and keep it friendly.

Lastly, being an ****** does not help anyone get anywhere.

I understand you are upset and frustrated. We will try to get to the bottom of the issues you are experiencing. I have learned from others that GOG game versions can set up files differently and may take some extra care to mod. As I don't have the GOG version myself, it is difficult for me to troubleshoot. When the guide is completed, there will most likely be other GOG users join us who will be experienced with modding GOG games. That's why we create these forum threads. We all try to help one another out.

As for calling jdsmith2816 "an ******", I assure you he is not. He was just injecting a bit of his dry sense of humor into the conversation. Please try not to get offended when others comment. No harm is intended, especially from our long standing members who are experienced in creating mods and modding guides.

Please comment anytime. I wouldn't know even half of what I do now if it weren't for your guidance. And I appreciate that you continue to work with me.  ::):

In case someone does not know PEBKAC is a druagatory term and usually means calling someone incompetent. I believe what I did was not wrong. If you were wanting to keep it civil, I suggest not using PEBKAC towards others. I am not sorry. I am keeping it civil. I am trying to tell all of you that I did indeed fix the issue but it seems no one will listen so I will just stop

...I have learned from others that GOG game versions can set up files differently and may take some extra care to mod. As I don't have the GOG version myself, it is difficult for me to troubleshoot. When the guide is completed, there will most likely be other GOG users join us who will be experienced with modding GOG games. That's why we create these forum threads. We all try to help one another out...

Folks,

I'm one of those GOG users and as I mentioned in an earlier post, once I'm on Christmas break, I'll be following this guide to the letter and will be firing off posts left, right and centre if needs be as I come up against issues and also as and when I can offer advice, to others and about the guide.

I'm not a pro at MOD'ing, but I'm not a newbie either, so let's see where we end up in a few weeks.

I'd love to be there MOD'ing away now, but alas, work beckons (evil, horrible thing it is at times!).

Kind regards,

Dodgy Bob

Folks,

I'm one of those GOG users and as I mentioned in an earlier post, once I'm on Christmas break, I'll be following this guide to the letter and will be firing off posts left, right and centre if needs be as I come up against issues and also as and when I can offer advice, to others and about the guide.

I'm not a pro at MOD'ing, but I'm not a newbie either, so let's see where we end up in a few weeks.

I'd love to be there MOD'ing away now, but alas, work beckons (evil, horrible thing it is at times!).

Kind regards,

Dodgy Bob

Thank you Dodgy Bob. I look forward to having you aboard when you're able. This success of this guide will be a team effort to make certain all users (Retail Disk, Steam, or GOG) will be able mod their game. I should be able to trouble shoot the Retail Disk and Steam versions when the time comes, but I can't legitimize spending more money for games I have already purchased. So having others contribute to the GOG version will be greatly appreciated.  ::):

In case someone does not know PEBKAC is a druagatory term and usually means calling someone incompetent. I believe what I did was not wrong. If you were wanting to keep it civil, I suggest not using PEBKAC towards others. I am not sorry. I am keeping it civil. I am trying to tell all of you that I did indeed fix the issue but it seems no one will listen so I will just stop

PEBKAC literally means problem exists between keyboard and chair (edit for clarity... I accidentally typed computer instead of chair)... as in a personal problem only you are experiencing... it was tongue in cheek... maybe a bit dry... obviously you don't appreciate or share my humor.

I'm glad you resolved your issue and I hope the solution works.

Edited by jdsmith2816

Here is the definition of literally:

Here is the definition of PEBKAC:

"Related terms such as PEBKAC (Problem Exists Between Keyboard And Chair), ID-10T error (idiot error), PICNIC (Problem In Chair, Not In Computer), IBM error (Idiot Behind Machine error) and other similar phrases are also used as slang in technical circles with derogatory meaning."https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User_error

Another definition of PEBKAC:

"Techie acronym: Problem Exists Between Keyboard And Chair. A useful term for demeaning the incompetent competent user without actually saying it to their face."https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=pebkac

Now I would hope you understood the terms before you used them. I do not appreciate being called stupid and retarded or any other form of incompetence when I asked for help. You did nothing to help resolve the issue. I appreciate a dry sense of humor but lets not be naive; no one likes being called dumb when asking for help, especially from someone as experienced as you.

I don't feel that there's going to be any positive out come to continuing the conversation so this will be my last response regarding it.

I obviously stepped on a nerve and I apologize for that... I just want you to understand that while you felt my initial post was over the top that I feel your response was over the top... We'll just have to accept that we don't see eye to eye here and move on.  

Hopefully future interaction, if any, can remain civil.

The description for shadme is wrong.

Description: RefScope is a powerful tool that lets you explore the internals of objects in the game. All this information can be valuable in resolving conflicts, debugging mods, or just keeping track of where your game content is coming from.

Sorry, I hit enter instead of shift.

I'll get that fixed now.

Edited by Diana_TES_GotH