Oblivion Disc Version_Mod Organizer - OBSE & Archive Invalidation failing

rpg4e

Question

Hi,

I got the Disc Version of Oblivion GOTY. I installed it and added the current OBSE to the games directory.

I'm using Mod Organizer 2.0.8.1 and am using it for Skyrim LE & SE and the Fallout Series too.

If I've set the Load-Mechanism to Script Extender and am starting through MO, the game starts but none of the installed mods seems to work properply and when i quit the game it just crashes and MO seems to reset plugins.

If I've set the Load-Mechanism to Script Extender and adding 22330 as steam game id and am starting through MOthe game just crashes while starting.

If I start through "obse_loader.exe" from Obliviondirectory, the game starts but none of the installed mods seems to work properply and when i quit the game it is closing normal ( no errormessages ).

If seen different people talking of to move an "Archive Invalidation.bsa" in "Archive-Tab" in Mod Organizer but there is no A*I*.bsa and no Archive-Tab.

In the Profile-Management i got all three options ticked. ( Local Saves, Local Game Settings & Automatic Archive Invalidation )

In OBSE-Plugin Folder there are no files called: hook.dll or mo_path.txt

Could it be that this version of Mod Organizer doesn't support Oblivion? Or am i doing something wrong?

And if yes, which version of MO should i use and how to setup then to have it managing Oblivion like i want to?

( Yes, I'm using Loot through MO... but the problem seems to be another thing... )

8 answers to this question

@DoubleYou: Yop, as readme says: Version 1.2.0416

@GrantSP: Thx, somehow I've already thought so.

If I want to use OBSE as well as "Oblivion Reloaded" ( https://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/45749/? ) and "Weather - All Natural" ( https://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/18305/? ), is there anything special to consider with MO? And what about the Archive Invalidation? Is this the "Mod Organizer" alone or do I have to help it with some download? Currently I'm using TMM for Oblivion ( https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/5010/? ) but I'd like more to use MO instead :)

Edited by rpg4e

hey, GrantSp again ^^ you're very busy because of me ^^ well, I've read this special guide but unfortunately, my questions were not answered there. This guide is more about Wrye-Bash.

Hmm... well, seems like i need to try a little bit to find out...

Hi,

I got the Disc Version of Oblivion GOTY. I installed it and added the current OBSE to the games directory.

I'm using Mod Organizer 2.0.8.1 and am using it for Skyrim LE & SE and the Fallout Series too.

Does this run stand alone or is Steam involved?

@Jarl as i said in main post, it's the disc version, steam is not involved.

I just got troubled with:

1. Archive Invalidation, because if i read some guides like here: https://www.loverslab.com/topic/65195-guide-to-using-mod-organizer-with-oblivion/ or else guides on step-forum, even he is talking of an "ArchiveInvalidationInvalidated.bsa" in Archives-TAB, but I don't have a file like that. MO doesn't create that one. I only got a "Oblivion - Invalidation.bsa" in Data-TAB & in Oblivions-gamefolder.

2. OBGE 4 doesn't exist anymore. I'm using the current version 6.0 ( called Oblivion Reloaded - OBGE ) and all guides I've found ( even here on step ) are only talking about OBGE 4 and different "OblivionReloadedEsp.ini" settings. 6.0 doesn't use that. And I'm not sure about if I can install 6.0 through MO, so i can use different profiles, or if I need to setup by manual directly to Oblivions-gamefolder, because it is a plugin to OBSE ---- same questions with MenuQue which is needed for OBGE & Weather - All natural which is a OBSE-Plugin too

( well, a further question would be: what is if i got "Overwrites" in MO highlighted in red - what to do? In answer to this question there are in some forums completely contradictory statements. )

Edited by rpg4e

1) Just use MO's method of archive invalidation and don't worry about anything else. Enable it in the 'Profiles' dialogue and the correct entries in the INI are generated each time MO starts a game.

2) Not sure about OBGE, haven't played Oblivion for some time but the Skyrim version of that mod is very stable in it's latest form. A bit of common sense perhaps in what settings to enable, possibly trial and error until you get the desired result.

3) MO guide makes it very clear what to do with the contents of 'Overwrite'.

One last comment: While these other forum guides are generally well put together whenever there is confusion, stick to what we tell you since @Tannin entrusted us with the details of the guide. In fact the guide is accessible via MO's inbuilt help system so that should tell you who you can trust.