wip-fallout-4-using-modorganizer-2

Atomic Radio is in the Workshop rearranged patch.

​The Fomod auto detects WHAT MODS YOU HAVE ACTIVE and auto selects the ones you need

​I've separated some of the Patches as some people did not want particular mods. I'm assuming it because it cluttered the menus but I think I've attend to that issue.

Edited by Gernash

So let the FOMOD do its job and take its recommendations, except for Atomic Radio?  Okay. 

This is going to be Part One of a two-part post, listing the mods I add to your wonderful list.  This is to serve as a suggestions list, and a request for "Um, don't use that, it breaks things" check.

Part One - Settlements (because this half my additional load order right here)

Vault Workshop Specific Mods

Part Two - Everything Else

Weather

Lighting

Player Mods

• Face Preset - Ethan - my favorite male face preset.  Use it as the baseline for all my characters.

Crafting

Armor & Clothing - everything but Black Widow and Real Leather use Armorsmith Extended Replacer patches and have their original ESPs moved into the Optional section.

Weapons

• The Widow Shotgun - awesome unique shotgun with cool little backstory
  • I also use the Black Widow Armor's retexture for this mod to make it blend in with the armor.

Companions

Quests And Adventures

• Tales of the Commonwealth - the story addon part of Atomic Radio, from the Interesting NPCs team that gave us that mod for Skyrim.

House & Zone Overhaul

• -Lighting Series- All in One - replace the lighting mods listed on the sub-page with this one, which adds in Illuminated Billboards
  • Nuka World Lighting - same mod series as above, but for Nuka World
  • Radioactive Signs - same mod series, for large business signs
  • Immersive Windows - same mod series, but adds better lit windows to the urban areas.
  • Goodneighbor Apartment - nice little mod that adds a "Home Plate-esque" home with limited workbench.
  • Sanctuary Bunker Player Home - great home mod from Elianora for a fully stocked basement shelter in Sanctuary; must-have for avoiding early rad storms in Survival Mode.  Also has a secondary mod that adds a full perimeter junk fence to Sanctuary (optional; i save for later).
  • I also have the full suite of player home mods from Elianora and RedRocketTV, but not enabled. I intend to try them out one at a time later on in my playthrough.  Just want to see them in-game, won't keep most active.

Worldspace

Trash Removal

• Scrap Everything - what I use to scrap a lot of garbage and annoying plants.  I use the Ultimate version + fix, and keep it at the bottom of my load order.

Survival Mode - new category I added, for mods that go with Survival Mode.

• Survival Options - Holotape/MCM menu that lets you customize Survival Mode to your tastes.  MUST HAVE, as far as I'm concerned. Also grab the compatibility patch for Give Me That Bottle (see below).
  • Unlimited Survival Mode - similar to above, MCM menu, some overlap but both do things the other doesn't.
  • Give Me That Bottle - lets you re-use bottles that you fill up in Survival Mode, rather than have them magically vanish after use. 
  • Lone Wanderer Fast Travel - lets you repair and even upgrade a (non-ridable) motorcycle that has its own special list of fast travel stop points, including Far Harbor and Nuka World.  Runs on fuel, and can still only go to points you find on foot first.  Makes Survival a bit less ridiculous.
  • The Red Wave Reloaded - similar to above, but a boat that doubles as a player home AND another fast travel source, hitting the various docks and ports around the Commonwealth, including Far Harbor.

Cheats

• Cheat Terminal - great replacement for debug console in Survival Mode; and generally good to experiment with without burning precious resources.

Patches

Edited by Barachiel

Atomic Radio is in the Workshop rearranged patch which is in the FOMOD the patch is called MODWIKI-WorkshopRearranged-Patch I believe (Looking at skyrim atm ZOMG my mods were soo BAD!! and mod choices sooo strange.)

.....Well now that I know a tiny bit more....

@Barachiel

Do you just use core and those mods or do you use MW or PA?

YA I know but in some areas people want to build their own house and furnish it with traders etc do it kinda needs to do both. I'm intending to loke trough the building mods for more (Furnishy/intricate wall roof building.)

Also Sim Settlements is not an intrusive mod you can remove it (should make it optional.....)

Great for lazy people though

@Gernash

I use the Zephyr Power Armor sub-page, and the Modern Weapons one as well, *usually* without Weaponsmith Extended.  However, I was feeling adventurous today, and installed WE too. 

OH, and there was one other mistake on the main guide.  "LooksMenu Compendium" apparently no longer exists. 

EDIT:  I should clarify, the second point of the list was just to see if you already knew if any of those mods were bad news, not to prompt you into laborious testing just for moi. 

I would love to know if "Welcome to Goodneighbor" is viable with this modlist, if anyone's tried it.  I've been eyeing that mod for some time, but haven't worked up the nerve to try it. 

Edited by Barachiel

As I go......(will update)

VE - WR has most of the same items and WR resolve the snap point issues at the NIF level. (the reason VE was remove many moons ago

Settlement resources re-balanced removed (mostly covered in the wiki, missing stuff not required)

So, Vanilla Extensions can be ditched, then, it seems.  Settlement Resources Rebalanced is also my primary Build Limit surpasser.  If I ditch that, do you have a better one to recommend?  I used to use DDProductions3's Increased Build Limit mod, but given it's age and the fact that he stormed off in a huff, I've been loathe to continue using it.

Cool, so I'm deactivating Settlement Resources Rebalanced, and Vanilla Extensions.  I'll leave The Master Plan active for now, since I may want some if its other tileset mods later. 

The Core Patches really  need a Readme that outlines what the different patches bring to the table. I never would have known that if you hadn't told me. 

Edited by Barachiel

By the way, I've noticed that "The Master Plan" is actually a required master for Workshop Rearranged, but the guide makes no mention of installing it. 

Also, missed a couple of mods because I grabbed them while setting up the main modlist.

Sim Settlements:  Industrial Revolution - from kinggath himself.

Crafting Workbenches - Far Harbor DLC - adds Far Harbor items to Crafting Workbences

Crafting Workbenches - Nuka World Support - from same author, for Nuka World items

Edited by Barachiel