wip-fallout-4-using-modorganizer-2

@Gernash, first let me say I have a GSync monitor set to 144Hz.

I use Nvidia Profile inspector to set the FPS limit to 60.7 FPS. I leave other settings alone in there.

You may be thermal throttling the card and in that case I use this video JayzTwoCents to adjust the properties of the card to have temperature priority. At about the 5:18 mark is where he adjusts the settings for the card. Just remember to tick the "Start UP" item on the upper left to have the settings applied on Windows start up. the settings are applied on start up and the interface will not open.

@GSDFan

Had a play but it doesn't seem to be a thermal issue. Might just be my old motherboard PCIE (Old GEN) slot (Not enough throughput) but the issue is just plane odd.

@GSDFan

Had a play but it doesn't seem to be a thermal issue. Might just be my old motherboard PCIE (Old GEN) slot (Not enough throughput) but the issue is just plane odd.

Are you sure your card is inserted into a 16x PCI Express slot, (3.0 probably?) and not a 4x / 1x one?

@Gernash - are you sure your FPS issues are related to graphics card?

My FPS is buttery smooth most of the time, but anytime I get near certain areas it tanks right out, down to 15-20.  I've been looking into it and found a couple interesting threads;

This one is interesting

So is this

...Is there a consensus on what to do about precombined objects yet?  As I understand it the conventional wisdom remains to disable them, essentially in order for compatibility?  The result seems to be a steep cost in performance though.  I've only really begun to look into this so forgive me if this is old/useless info.

It's an Old Motherboard

1 x PCI Express x16 slot, running at x16 (PCIEX16) (The PCIEX16 slot conforms to PCI Express 2.0 standard.)

I googled around and the "Bottlenecking" should be very minor.

In that case I think it's worth checking if you have the same problems in different games. Run something else and see if your FPS are improved over your previous card.

DEF_UI.png

1) For adding those executables its the data tab to the right of plugins tab right. I know I made 2 new executables for those like there is for LOOT and such.

2)The parts I have highlighted are not in my file tree to hide not sure whats up with that but I know DEF_UI 1.4.0 is the same as whats stated so not sure I even redownloaded several times both ways through MO and manually.

P.S. I really hope the image posted right.

Edit if its to small to read let me know

Edited by Tirencia

So, there's a 1.9 update for F4 now. Does it affect mods?

I would assume it would break some mods and hopefully we, the community, report anything that is happening to the mod authors and nexus pages and the like.

It just would not be a Bethesda update if it didn't destroy your modded game.

Apparently it is graphical and general "performance and stability improvements."

Remember, turn off automatic updates to the game.

Edited by troy559grenade