wip-fallout-4-using-modorganizer-2

I need some troubleshooting tips for why I can't seem to use Place Everywhere.  I'm launching the game from F4SE, so that's working.  According to MO2, place.dll & place.ini are in F4SE\Plugins\.  Toggling is set to "2" in the ini, which is completely unchanged from the suggested installation instructions.  It is active in my left panel, although there is no esp associated with this.  My problem is that I can't seem to do anything to make the mod look like it's active.  In build mode, I've tried selecting and hovering over objects and hitting all my numpad and directional keys, as well as the associated function keys.  I get no messages and no movement.

Any suggestions on how I might troubleshoot this?  At this point, I'll humbly accept "Is it plugged in?" -type suggestions, since this does not appear to be a problem most people have.  I have plainly done something unwise.

Have you removed the semicolon from in front of the line? If you remove the semicolon from in front of the messages do the messages appear when F key is pressed?

Don't remove the semicolon from in front of any item under the [keys] section unless you want to change the default key.

Here is my place.ini to compair to yours.

[spoiler=place.ini];; Read option explanation in place.ini.help.txt file
;; Lines starting with ';' are default values. If you want to change default value - remove (uncomment) ';' in front of it.

[main]
togglable = 1
;wheelRotation = off
;timeoutFrozen = off
;snapDisabled = off
;groundDisabled = off
;outlineDisabled = off
;extraOutlineEnabled = off

[dangerous]
;deleteEnabled = off

[cheats]
;duplicateEnabled = off

[steps]
;rotateStepIdx = 3
;rotateSteps = 0.1 0.5 1 5 15 45 90

;moveStepIdx = 3
;moveSteps = 0.1 0.5 1 5 10 50 100

;scaleStepIdx = 3
;scaleSteps = 1 5 10 25 50

[keys]
;main = 0x77
;snap = 0x70
;ground = 0x71
;workshopSnap = 0x72
;outlineToggle = 0x73
;extraOutlineToggle = 0x2D
;timeoutFreeze = 0x74
;clampedStoreToggle = 0x75
;lockObject = 0x76
;rotateStepMinus = 0x6D
;rotateStepPlus = 0x6B
;resetAngles = 0x60
;removeTremor = 0x65
;changeRotateAxis = 0x11
;moveDown = 0x62
;moveUp = 0x68
;moveLeft = 0x64
;moveRight = 0x66
;moveBack = 0x67
;moveForth = 0x69
;moveStepMinus = 0x6F
;moveStepPlus = 0x6a
;scaleStepMinus = 0x22
;scaleStepPlus = 0x21
;scaleDown = 0x61
;scaleUp = 0x63
;scaleReset = 0x6E
;undo = 0x08
;copyState = 0xBB
;copyPosX = 0x31
;copyPosY = 0x32
;copyPosZ = 0x33
;copyAngleX = 0x34
;copyAngleY = 0x35
;copyAngleZ = 0x36
;copyScale = 0x37
;copyAll = 0x30
;deleteKey = 0x2E
;duplicateKey = 0xBF
;rotateLeft = 0xBC
;rotateRight = 0xBE
;physicsOn = 0x24
;physicsOff = 0x23

[messages]
snapOn = Object snap on
snapOff = Object snap off

groundOn = Surface snap on
groundOff = Surface snap off

workshopOn = Workshop grid snap on
workshopOff = Workshop grid snap off

freezeOn = Workshop timeout off
freezeOff = Workshop timeout on

placeOn = Place everywhere mode on
placeOff = Place everywhere mode off

rotateStepChange = Angle step changed to %0.1f
moveStepChange = Angle step changed to %0.1f
scaleStepChange = Scale step changed to %d%%
axisChange = Axis changed to %c

outlineOn = Object outline on
outlineOff = Object outline off

scaleChange = Scale set to %d%%

clampedStoreOn = Clamped objects storing enabled
clampedStoreOff = Clamped objects storing disabled

lockObjectOn = Object locked
lockObjectOff = Object unlocked

extraOutlineOff = Extra object selection disabled
extraOutlineOn = Extra object selection enabled

physicsOn = Object physics on
physicsOff = Object physics off

Have you removed the semicolon from in front of the line? 

"togglable"? Yeah.  It came that way.

If you remove the semicolon from in front of the messages do the messages appear when F key is pressed?

Nope.

What *is* interesting is that none of my F keys work when assigned as hotkeys.  Same with NUMPAD.  Makes me think this is still taking ownership of those keys, just like the instructions say.  But they don't do anything at all.

I'm going to do a delete, redownload, and re-install to see if that helps, if not, I can live without it.  My settlements will be a little uglier but, hey, that's life in the post-apocalypse.

As a complete fool who knows virtually nothing about how all this stuff works together...

Have you tried creating the F4SE/Plugins folder in actual Fallout data folder and putting the.dll and .ini in there?

Creating the folder structure for LooksMenu presets and then placing the preset files in said folder allowed me to see and use them with MO2 where I was unable to with my setup...

*EDIT - don't put the actual F4SE .dll in said folders. Just create the folder structure and put .dll/.ini in Plugins folder

Edited by baronaatista

As a complete fool who knows virtually nothing about how all this stuff works together...

Have you tried creating the F4SE/Plugins folder in actual Fallout data folder and putting the.dll and .ini in there?

Are you asking to see if FOSE is running?  It is - it's displayed on the Settings page, and it's creating a log file.  

I've posted this up on the "Place Everywhere" forum at this point.  Maybe I have some strange conflict with the 10 or so "extra" mods I'm running.  One doesn't usually have problems like that with an FOSE plug-in, but I'm clutching at straws.

I need some troubleshooting tips for why I can't seem to use Place Everywhere.  I'm launching the game from F4SE, so that's working.  According to MO2, place.dll & place.ini are in F4SE\Plugins\.  Toggling is set to "2" in the ini, which is completely unchanged from the suggested installation instructions.  It is active in my left panel, although there is no esp associated with this.  My problem is that I can't seem to do anything to make the mod look like it's active.  In build mode, I've tried selecting and hovering over objects and hitting all my numpad and directional keys, as well as the associated function keys.  I get no messages and no movement.

Any suggestions on how I might troubleshoot this?  At this point, I'll humbly accept "Is it plugged in?" -type suggestions, since this does not appear to be a problem most people have.  I have plainly done something unwise.

Morning,

• ADDITIONAL - Place.ini - togglable
    Merge with the main file

Description : This F4SE plugin allows building and placing objects in workshop mode everywhere. Save game often if you oops your navmesh you will CDT.

Aditional : Place.ini - togglable is the configuration file for moving objects via the keyboard and F8 is the ON/OFF (Thanks LordKee).

place_everywhere.png

Edited by Gernash

Make a \steamapps\common\Fallout 4\Data\F4SE There dosn't have to be anything in it but if you like you can put your CustomControlMap.txt from F4SE zip file in there

Also your ENB does the ini file use 119 as a shotcut or anything else like takecover etc?

https://www.cambiaresearch.com/articles/15/javascript-char-codes-key-codes

does your place.ini have this?

[keys]
;main = 0x77 (the; is a REM statement.)

you can assign to anything use the 1st link to work out the key you want then convert the number to HEX

Also if your Function keys do not work.... you might have them in a "MODE" gaming keyboard?

Test your keyboard

https://www.keyboardtester.com/

I quickly made this up (I remember a while ago I was asked when you install all the mods how to control it all)

I'll add all the default keys as I go.

MODWiki Keyboard Layout

If anyone can find a Keyboard Pic for a standard 104 keyboard please share so I can change the pic in the spreadsheet.

(I mean a Silk screen with DEC and HEX code written on it- In the olden days I remember a program that you could type out what all the keys did then it would print out an overlay you could place on your keyboard. ZOMG I feel old)

Edited by Gernash

@GSDFan

Heya, I'm not having much luck Tweaking my new Graphics card. With the OLD 580 I had

25FPS (Massive objects/Action)

30-40 (Normal game play)

Basic tweeking on GTX1070

25-30FPS (Massive objects/Action)

30-40 (Normal game play)

60fps looking at ground or dirt.

I can custom tweak about +10fps with all bells and whistles but I can get dips to 12FPS in some city areas. This seems very strange....

Do you have any Ideas?

Played for ages now best I can get is

40fps loaded

20-25fps in oddball places

50-60fps open world and instance

If anyone know something magical about these new cards from nvidia please do tell as they seem to choose thermal effency over FPS.

@Gernash, first let me say I have a GSync monitor set to 144Hz.

I use Nvidia Profile inspector to set the FPS limit to 60.7 FPS. I leave other settings alone in there.

You may be thermal throttling the card and in that case I use this video JayzTwoCents to adjust the properties of the card to have temperature priority. At about the 5:18 mark is where he adjusts the settings for the card. Just remember to tick the "Start UP" item on the upper left to have the settings applied on Windows start up. the settings are applied on start up and the interface will not open.

Found out that my issues with Place Everywhere was caused by the ini file.  It was working, but all of the keys and toggles are disabled by the ini file suggested by this guide.  All you get with that package is the removal of most collisions.  If you don't install an ini at all, you get the full functionality.  Not exactly what you would expect.

Found out that my issues with Place Everywhere was caused by the ini file.  It was working, but all of the keys and toggles are disabled by the ini file suggested by this guide.  All you get with that package is the removal of most collisions.  If you don't install an ini at all, you get the full functionality.  Not exactly what you would expect.

Most people don't want the spinny arrows I'll update the info on the mod.

Thanks

First off great setup and ty for doing this STEP, I'm finally getting back to FO4. Usually I can get through setups no problem, but this time I am running into a ? about Preset Dividers for ModOrganizer. Is it supposed to be 1 file after zip and its a .dat file what program do I use to open that the internet says word or notepad so I used notepad++. So since I never used that file type before is that fine to use. Again ty for all the hard work your did.