wip-fallout-4-using-modorganizer-2

@c0c0c0

Short answer: Yes. Wrye BASH  works and runs.

BUT.

It mashes all the level lists together.

Example :

• With Raideroverhaul you will get Vanilla item with RO gear as RO has it's own distrabution list for items e.g. clothing/Weapon distrabution
  • With Synth overhaul it removes a field
  • With SuperMutant overhaul it adds Non Wearable Equipment to the LL

If your an expert with Wrye BASH then go hard, you will need to adjust the TAGS to "sort smarter"

I've manually done what Wrye BASH does (it was not avaliable when I started.) But I can see it's awsomness and will investigate a way to resolve the mentioned conflicts.

OK I've Readjusted the LL with Wrye BASH taken into consideration and adjusted the settlers,Core and modern weapon patches. I'll do a bit of game play.

There were some duplication and multiple entries (compared to the bash patch) I'm assuming this gives a greater chance of the Spawn having that item.

The reson for including the ll in the wiki patches is depending on what you use is what the ll needs to be. and if you run Wrye BASH you will have to check all the LL to make sure it's not adding an entry that's not needed (I'm not a Bash patch guy I do not knoe magic tricks).

Edited by Gernash

You seem like a pretty technically savvy dude - ever look at Mator Smash? I haven't gotten into it yet myself (and am NOT tech-savvy... but I'm sure I could figure it out) but from the descriptions I hear, it sounds like it's damn near an all-in-one conflict resolution tool. You can make your own tags with custom rules, and it handles almost all record types.

@baronaatista

Looks interesting will take a look.

The issue I have (for the 7 people that use the wikki :woot: )  If I get people to run bash patches or CLEAN Masters or Merge patches then they can include "NEW" ID's (From what I've seen up to date) that I have no idea about. I will not be able to support those people in any way other then a sympathetic pat on the head. :cool:

If you can install 300 mods then push a button and the world is a happy smiley place then I can delete the wiki and create a link to that page. Then get some sleep :woot:

(Mator's work is amazing and I use sections of it myself - forcing myself to lean Delphi arrrrg. My comment was not meant to be Inflammatory towards the tools he has provided. But a warning that unless you check over everything and look at all the overwrite(code) and have a basic understanding of "STUFF" then you will most likely run into issues.)

Edited by Gernash

Yeah it is an interesting thing...

These automation tools are fantastic but in order to be used properly need a pretty solid understanding of the tool itself as well as the underlying mechanics of these games; which is what most people are trying to avoid in using them, and guides and such.  

Still, it does seem like the wind is blowing that way a little; not sure if you've heard of Mod Picker? Fairly certain the intention there is to have an automated install process, not 100% that's a current feature.  Again something I've been meaning to check out.  Mator is the author of Mator Smash (and Merge Plugins... he might also be jesus) and the main guy behind Mod Picker... so an all-in-one conflict resolution tool paired with an all-in-one installation tool... there's something very interesting there.

There's also StepperUpper an automated install tool that currently does STEP and I believe he's (Airbreather - the author) made one for at least most of SRLE.

I feel like from an author's standpoint (not that I am one, trying to put myself in your shoes); learn the tools, select the mods, give some information about what you're doing and why - and then let users just download everything and (at least almost) one-click install... Sounds pretty good to me. 

Just when you think the modding gods have abandoned F04... ;)

@baronaatista

Got tyred of typing up stuff had a look at SMASH

OMG I hate you!!!!!

It basically trivializes all the effort I've put to be almost worthless. (I have learned an indescribable amount in doing it all manually)

I'll have a bit more of a play with it but if I can twiddle some of the settings The may be no further Patch releases as there have been in the past. (Ver 3 on the horizon...???)

I think if it pans out I'll just Share the Rules and release  a GAME Overhaul Patch to add AWKCR and interface patch...Hmmmm very interesting.

(for the 7 people that use the wikki :woot: )

Make it eight people.

I never play a vanilla FO game and installed BABY before I did anything and really enjoyed it.

Then I discovered this guide and, now, again, I have to start over.

I have done many FCOM, Fear and Loathing, and SkyRe Legendary installs and am extremely thankful for the work you are doing for this guide.

raw

It just needs a catchy name.

Edited by troy559grenade