SRLE: Legacy of The Dragonborn Reqtified

So finally done I think. Installed iNeeds too (the more immersive the better).

Thing is beautification with ETAC... too much Fps hit even for a GTX 1070...

20161114030826_1.jpg20161113143700_1.jpg20161114030640_1.jpg20161112143040_1.jpg

I got from 4 up to 45 fps (average 20+) in Whiterun with this setup with or without ENB. It seems Skyrim isn't meant to be overloaded that much.

I never drop below 20 anywhere and i generally stay pegged at 30... I use fps limit to set it to 30 so it's normally higher since I'm pegged..  GTX 980 Ti 6gb vram,  16gb sys ram, i7 4770k cpu

For cities the CPU makes the biggest difference... if your CPU is weak your frames will seriously suffer.

Edit:  Just checked your specs... CPU is same as mine strange.  I'm not sure why you're having such a different experience. :(

Edited by jdsmith2816

I think I've found another documentation bug and potentially, depending on how aggressive someone is, a real bug this time.

In the Legacy of the Dragonborn Patches merge guide, both DBM_IWIA_Patch.esp and DBM_HeavyArmory+IWIA_Patch.esp are listed as part of the merge. If we follow the guide for [Legacy of The Dragonborn Patch Central] only the latter is installed. If someone is anal like me and pulls the former out of the archive and adds it to the the Patcher mod (and doesn't double check in Tes5edit), then there's going to be duplicates of the activators, some cell edits, globals and more.

I think I've found another documentation bug and potentially, depending on how aggressive someone is, a real bug this time.

In the Legacy of the Dragonborn Patches merge guide, both DBM_IWIA_Patch.esp and DBM_HeavyArmory+IWIA_Patch.esp are listed as part of the merge. If we follow the guide for [Legacy of The Dragonborn Patch Central] only the latter is installed. If someone is anal like me and pulls the former out of the archive and adds it to the the Patcher mod (and doesn't double check in Tes5edit), then there's going to be duplicates of the activators, some cell edits, globals and more.

The Patch Central patch requirements for this changed like... today or yesterday?.  We've been sticking with the old version of HA since TheTrader hasn't updated his Requiem patch yet... Two weeks ago he said it'd be about two weeks.  I've dropped him another message today but haven't heard back from him.

In the short term the best choice everyone is probably to just drop HA and look to re-add it once patch is updated.  I was thinking about updating the patch myself but I just haven't had any 'want to' in the little time I've had lately.

Edited by jdsmith2816

So what's the string count in your saves when all this is installed? There are some pretty heavy hitters in this guide. I know Crash Fixes lets you bypass the string count limit, but I still like to personally keep mine as low as possible because of the unknown of bypassing it. I've had Skyrim since launch and only beat it once due to me not able to get a decently stable modded game. Still haven't actually played the Dragonborn DLC yet because of it.

I went through this installing most of the guide while omitting some things I didn't really care for, but I end up with too much I can't merge down because of missing masters. I'm trying to decide if I should just try something else or just say screw it and install everything even if I don't necessarily want it.

I never drop below 20 anywhere and i generally stay pegged at 30... I use fps limit to set it to 30 so it's normally higher since I'm pegged..  GTX 980 Ti 6gb vram,  16gb sys ram, i7 4770k cpu

For cities the CPU makes the biggest difference... if your CPU is weak your frames will seriously suffer.

Edit:  Just checked your specs... CPU is same as mine strange.  I'm not sure why you're having such a different experience. :(

Yes it is strange, my CPU goes up to 20-30% while the GPU up to 80%. It's very intensive within Whiterun with the beautification changes on. Without it I get around 45-50 fps very smooth gameplay and 60 flat outside.

Edit: Maybe some of the mods in the SMC Full are too heavy still. Like the ones that are not in the nexus and I had to get from other sources SRTO/SRO. They are the UQ versions. 4K+ textures etc. I will disable those and retry it.

Also a small detail that escaped the guide.

When you make the changes for the Race Adjustments in the final steps of the guide. After you run the script and you click CTRL+S to save the file, the file is saved as:

[00:00] Saving: Requiem for the Indifferent.esp.save.2016_11_14_13_38_44

Now, in the following steps where you transfer the height values from Race Adjustments to the Requiem for the Indifferent.esp, the changes are saved to the regular .esp. The initial esp remains in the overwrite folder while the other is in the requiem output folder. I think that before you make the race adjustment values you should quit xEdit and copy that overwrite .esp to the output folder before doing the final adjustments. Am I correct?

Edited by SkulldozeR

Yes it is strange, my CPU goes up to 20-30% while the GPU up to 80%. It's very intensive within Whiterun with the beautification changes on. Without it I get around 45-50 fps very smooth gameplay and 60 flat outside.

Edit: Maybe some of the mods in the SMC Full are too heavy still. Like the ones that are not in the nexus and I had to get from other sources SRTO/SRO. They are the UQ versions. 4K+ textures etc. I will disable those and retry it.

Also a small detail that escaped the guide.

When you make the changes for the Race Adjustments in the final steps of the guide. After you run the script and you click CTRL+S to save the file, the file is saved as:

[00:00] Saving: Requiem for the Indifferent.esp.save.2016_11_14_13_38_44

Now, in the following steps where you transfer the height values from Race Adjustments to the Requiem for the Indifferent.esp, the changes are saved to the regular .esp. The initial esp remains in the overwrite folder while the other is in the requiem output folder. I think that before you make the race adjustment values you should quit xEdit and copy that overwrite .esp to the output folder before doing the final adjustments. Am I correct?

for whiterun the most taxing mod is Dawn of Skyrim.

about xedit that is a temporary file that gets saved in overwrite because you didn't close the program. When you finaly closed and save everything will be there in the original esp.

So what's the string count in your saves when all this is installed? There are some pretty heavy hitters in this guide. I know Crash Fixes lets you bypass the string count limit, but I still like to personally keep mine as low as possible because of the unknown of bypassing it. I've had Skyrim since launch and only beat it once due to me not able to get a decently stable modded game. Still haven't actually played the Dragonborn DLC yet because of it.

I went through this installing most of the guide while omitting some things I didn't really care for, but I end up with too much I can't merge down because of missing masters. I'm trying to decide if I should just try something else or just say screw it and install everything even if I don't necessarily want it.

String count isn't an issue due to crash fixes... I've completed Vanilla + DG on this loadout but haven't gone to Solstheim.

If you have issues with merging you've done something wrong.  Feel free to post more details and ask for help... we'll work it out with you.  If it's not worth the trouble then good luck with whatever else you decide to do.

sigh... new problems that i am hoping someone can assist, regarding the last problem i finally found out the issue of BethINI not being able to see MO profiles, it was a permission issue with explorer.exe, granted I had to re-install Windows again.

Now to the current issue, I was well into the mod installation, and decided to test the game, game loads, go through helgen sequence, and as soon as i go into helgen keep game crashes, not even a load screen, instant CTD, fine... time to troubleshoot, unticked some mods run the game same... 

Tried to run vanilla profile through MO CTD... tried to run vanilla through steam CTD... always when entering helgen keep, another issue, I can't load any saves, the save where the prisoners are out of the cart, before you create the character (or after or whatever) can't be loaded, I can only start new games.

After some fumbling around, I find out what the issue is... its the ENB files, I disabled ENB with ENB organizer, lo and behold, I can get into the keep, continue the rest of the intro get out of helgen and proceed to riverwood.

Now I know the culprit (ENB files) but I don't know what to do to fix it, I am not running anything out of the scope of this wiki, I added the settings recommended by Paul666 to the enblocal.ini through ENBOrganizer, I haven't even added the anything beyond d3d9.dll and the enbhost, there is no ENB configuration yet per-say, just these two files.

I am not running anything weird as well, like overlays or afterburners not even fraps is running right now...

This is the rig by the way:

Windows 7

Core i5 - 3570k

16gb of Ram

Nvidia gtx 760 4gb

Hopefully you guys can help me out.

The problem was addressed a few pages before. Run with a custom enb preset or with all the files that come with the default enb installation, not just the two files specified in the guide.

Also don't try to start the game in the middle of the mod installation, as it won't be playable. Finish the installation then proceed to bugfixing.

Gesendet von meinem A0001 mit Tapatalk

The problem was addressed a few pages before. Run with a custom enb preset or with all the files that come with the default enb installation, not just the two files specified in the guide.

Also don't try to start the game in the middle of the mod installation, as it won't be playable. Finish the installation then proceed to bugfixing.

Gesendet von meinem A0001 mit Tapatalk

Thank you so much TheChemist, so its better to add the enb preset now, instead of adding it later down the lane, will do that and report back, I did a search before posting on the thread and wasn't able to find anything related to my problem... but ill go back manually and search.

Well the game runs correctly (Without ENB that is) but that's just because there not many mods installed yet.