SMC with SRLE Extended: LotD

Interesting... I wonder why I get no water in my troughs. I wonder if by fixing the NAM0 and NAM9 bounds in those files i broke it... Having said that if it REQUIRES those giant worldspace bounds changes then it's not worth the additional stuttering it could cause.

The esp contains a special flag that is "Has Water" which needs to be carried forward.

Which ones would you prefer?

SRTO Clouds vs. Ethereal Clouds

Northfire's Photoreal Mountains vs. SRTO Mountains

Well if you have the files, srto but since most don't, use the alternate.

Do you use an ENB though? I'm pretty paranoid when it comes to 4K textures, although do you think it would be wise to use only 4K on mountain and map textures and keep everything else 1K-2K? I doubt substituting 4K textures with 2K textures is very noticeable. One more question: How big should the ground (ground covers, snow, dirt, etc.) textures be on a rig with a 6GB VRAM card? Is the change in texture resolution noticeable with those textures?

From what I have observed, my PC handles it fine(barely) but I NEED to be in win7 otherwise I'll stutter everywhere due to the 4064 report bug

Also, I don't use SMC with SRLE and more specifically ELFX because there are several mods that add parallax which then overwrite elfx meshes which then cause the horrid flicker everywhere. With that being said good luck using a touch because it will not work because of the previous point.

SMC no parallax option had some odd behavior. I think it did remove parallax but there were several meshes in the final SMC folder that caused any inn to flicker with elfx.

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, here's a list of things I DID NOT install.

-83Willows Bugs HD (Didn't want additional bugs, fine with LOS)

-Ashes of the Red Mountain (Unable to find)

-Bloody Dragon Bones (I like rustic version better)

-Book Covers Skyrim (Already in LOTD)

-Grimoa's Plantigrade feet for Beast Races (Looked on the mod page, most commenters say that it's buggy and does not support DLC armors. Not worth it IMO)

-HD Khajiit Mouth (Ugly and no shadow in mouth unlike vanilla)

-HD Werewolves (Gonna install MTE version after SMC)

-Magic Runes HD (It was either this or Rune Magic HD. I preferred the other)

-Realistic Primitive Horse Breeds HD (Already in immersive horses)

-Realistic Sun (ENB generated sun is better)

-SkyFalls and SkyMills (Waste of time and effort to integrate with DynDOLOD, as DynDOLOD already has these features and more)

-Skysight - Smelter Ultra (Only use if you do not have SMIM)

-SRTOC

-SRTOM

-True Wolves of Skyrim (Didn't like the look of the wolves)

-Ultra HD Transparent Snowflakes (Looked in comments and the texture is said to be corrupt. Opened the texture in DDSViewer and it crashed)

Yeah, I remove conflicting texture mods and I don't run with ELFX so I haven't noticed those particular issues.  Definitely something to be aware of though.

Oh I had no idea you didn't run with ELFX. I personally prefer the look of SRLE Extended instead of Tetrachromatic with Vivid Weathers, but I didn't install NVLA like you suggested. This is a lot more complicated than I expected it to be. But, since I have removed ELFX from the guide before, I can do it again, I guess...

Oh I had no idea you didn't run with ELFX. I personally prefer the look of SRLE Extended instead of Tetrachromatic with Vivid Weathers, but I didn't install NVLA like you suggested. This is a lot more complicated than I expected it to be. But, since I have removed ELFX from the guide before, I can do it again, I guess...

There's no reason you can't use ELFX... you just have to make sure you install the ELFX meshes/any patches afterwards as SMC won't pick them.  Also you need to go through the CR guide and make sure for the records where Darth CR's for ELFX you overwrite from the previous winner into your personal CR patch.. that way you remove all of the changes from ELFX without having to constantly fix like 30 or so CR entries every time he releases an update.

I'm currently running NLVA w/ NLVA ENB, RS Full (not the chopped down version in the guide), and ELE.. I'm thinking about running Shadows and letting it overwrite RS because yeah... those shadows are pretty awesome heh.

I found Tetra to be too bloom heavy... Rudy for NLA was ok but the colors with NLVA &  NLVA ENB are so good.. not sure I can pass it up.

Edited by jdsmith2816

There's no reason you can't use ELFX... you just have to make sure you install the ELFX meshes/any patches afterwards as SMC won't pick them.  Also you need to go through the CR guide and make sure for the records where Darth CR's for ELFX you overwrite from the previous winner into your personal CR patch.. that way you remove all of the changes from ELFX without having to constantly fix like 30 or so CR entries every time he releases an update.

I'm currently running NLVA w/ NLVA ENB, RS Full (not the chopped down version in the guide), and ELE.. I'm thinking about running Shadows and letting it overwrite RS because yeah... those shadows are pretty awesome heh.

I found Tetra to be too bloom heavy... Rudy for NLA was ok but the colors with NLVA &  NLVA ENB are so good.. not sure I can pass it up.

Wow, seems like an amazing setup! I'm pretty sure I'm going to uninstall ELFX from the guide (along with all of its references) and try NVLA with RS and ELE as well. Also, I'm pretty sure I would need to install the IC patch for ELE if I were to use the non-lite version.

Yeah, I remove conflicting texture mods and I don't run with ELFX so I haven't noticed those particular issues. Definitely something to be aware of though.

That's interesting, I've installed the patches from ELFX and let it overwrite SMC but haven't test it yet. It's in the inn?

Conflicting texture mods which in SMC or LotD/SRLE?

So, here's a list of things I DID NOT install.

-Grimoa's Plantigrade feet for Beast Races (Looked on the mod page, most commenters say that it's buggy and does not support DLC armors. Not worth it IMO)

-HD Khajiit Mouth (Ugly and no shadow in mouth unlike vanilla)

-Realistic Sun (ENB generated sun is better)

-Skysight - Smelter Ultra (Only use if you do not have SMIM)

-Ultra HD Transparent Snowflakes (Looked in comments and the texture is said to be corrupt. Opened the texture in DDSViewer and it crashed)

Never noticed this until you are here, personally I use all of this. But something I have to look around. Edited by reddvilzz
Darth_mathias, on 31 Jul 2016 - 02:52 AM, said:

well i guess i am going to have to bite the bullet and start to compile all the mods needed for this.

Awesome! just what I've been waiting for: SRLE: Extended LoTD with SMC is about as good a Skyrim base as anyone could ask for.

If you need any tips on getting it going, PM me and I'd be happy to help. SMC is a bit of pain to find/download all the mods (I'm lucky that I've got every single one), some aren't on Nexus, some are on other sites (Arthmoor's AFK Mods?), etc. But once set up, it's a breeze to maintain. Don't forget to include some of the optionals for each mod (see below for eg), and there are also a bunch more patches in the file download section.

dunc001, on 31 Jul 2016 - 04:57 AM, said:

That fourth shot looks amazing. Is that just SMC, so Northfire plus Moss Rocks? 4k? And which ENB are you using?

thx dunc, it's just plain SMC Northfire 2K plus Moss Rocks.

However, I just noticed that Northfire also has a Lost Mossfall download option which I didn't try, nor have I tried the Vanilla overlay (might test that one out).

ENB I used in that shot was a pretty funky custom setup I was testing, but will take a bit of tweaking to make it work right if I ever go that way: it's base is Rudy NLA, mixed with NLVA weathers (+ True Storms patches & Heavenly Weather add-on), along with more Vivid Weathers weathers. Basically I want to integrate these to get the best of all of them (eg: for rain, I want some weathers from True Storms, some from Vivid Weathers and some from NLVA, and have water droplets lens shaders appear on only some of the more drenching storms; same with snow: mix things up for more variety). I'm also waiting to see how Rudy's NLVA turns out as well.

jdsmith2816, on 31 Jul 2016 - 11:21 AM, said:

Interesting... I wonder why I get no water in my troughs.   I wonder if by fixing the NAM0 and NAM9 bounds in those files i broke it...  Having said that if it REQUIRES those giant worldspace bounds changes then it's not worth the additional stuttering it could cause.

have you tried turning ENB off and seeing if you can notice the water? or forcing different weathers to alter imagespace? some ENB's tend to hide water in these cases

Luvian, that's almost exactly my setup (without the ENB and weather tweaking, but NVLA w/Rudy NLA).  So it got me wondering why I hadn't seen rocks that nice.  Turns out when checked in MO data tab mountainslab02 was being overwritten by a f'ing armor mod (Stormcloak Explorer Armor) - wtf!  Anyway, I've hidden those offending textures now so I'm actually getting to see Northfires :)  I was wondering why the mountains kept changing colour as I got closer to them... DUH!

dunc001, on 01 Aug 2016 - 01:43 AM, said:

Luvian, that's almost exactly my setup (without the ENB and weather tweaking, but NVLA w/Rudy NLA).  So it got me wondering why I hadn't seen rocks that nice.  Turns out when checked in MO data tab mountainslab02 was being overwritten by a f'ing armor mod (Stormcloak Explorer Armor) - wtf!  Anyway, I've hidden those offending textures now so I'm actually getting to see Northfires :)  I was wondering why the mountains kept changing colour as I got closer to them... DUH!

DOH, hate it when stuff like that happens...you just never know what happens the more you mess with a massively modded Skyrim!

btw, forgot to mention that I'm also using Straylight's ENB SweetFX settings as a final post processor, made a nice little difference; might want to check it out

Edited by LuvianSkyrim

forgot to mention that I'm also using Straylight's ENB SweetFX settings as a final post processor, made a nice little difference; might want to check it out

OK, haven't got round to mixing and matching ENB stuff yet (haven't had time to learn!) - care to explain exactly what I need to do?  I have downloaded the HIGH version of Straylight in anticipation.  Feel free to PM me rather than clutter the thread up.

Edited by dunc001

thx dunc, it's just plain SMC Northfire 2K plus Moss Rocks.

However, I just noticed that Northfire also has a Lost Mossfall download option which I didn't try, nor have I tried the Vanilla overlay (might test that one out).

ENB I used in that shot was a pretty funky custom setup I was testing, but will take a bit of tweaking to make it work right if I ever go that way: it's base is Rudy NLA, mixed with NLVA weathers (+ True Storms patches & Heavenly Weather add-on), along with more Vivid Weathers weathers. Basically I want to integrate these to get the best of all of them (eg: for rain, I want some weathers from True Storms, some from Vivid Weathers and some from NLVA, and have water droplets lens shaders appear on only some of the more drenching storms; same with snow: mix things up for more variety). I'm also waiting to see how Rudy's NLVA turns out as well.

This looks awesome, perhaps kindly to share your work please?

dunc001, on 01 Aug 2016 - 02:24 AM, said:

OK, haven't got round to mixing and matching ENB stuff yet (haven't had time to learn!) - care to explain exactly what I need to do?  I have downloaded the HIGH version of Straylight in anticipation.  Feel free to PM me rather than clutter the thread up.

well, i'll post it on here in case anyone else is interested, after all, the goal is to get the best visuals for SRLE: LOTD right?!

the basic jist is to install your preferred ENB (in your case Rudy NLVA?).

then copy Straylight's SweetFX folder into the main Skyrim directory.

then copy d3d9.fx, d3d9_SweetFX.dll, (dxgi.dll & dxgi.fx only for Win 10), and the 3 SweetFX *.txt files into the main Skyrim directory.

also, you MUST edit enblocal.ini to show these settings:

[PROXY]

EnableProxyLibrary=true

InitProxyFunctions=true

ProxyLibrary=d3d9_SweetFX.dll

it's a very subtle improvement IMHO

that's pretty much it. you've now got Straylight's SweetFX post processing working.

PM me if you have any issues or comments, but I might not be able to get back to you until tomorrow; time to crash!