SMC with SRLE Extended: LotD

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No harm done Matts.  I just wanted to make sure that we are in the right frame of mind moving forward.

So, I guess my first question would be: Do I need to delete EVERY mod that was already included in the guide that came with SRLE first, or should I update everything and do that 2nd?

My process was to put every mod SMC asked for into the folder except for BCS, TreasureMaps, PhotoReal, and Smelters.  BCS becuase it's in DBM, TreasureMaps because it's already contained in BCS, PhotoReal because I wanted to utilize SRTO Mountains, and Smelters because of SMIM.  After combining I copied the whole folder into my SRLE LOTD mods directory, activated it and determined a rough starting location for it.  Afterwards I spent 2-3h removing duplicated and conflicting mods from SRLE, moving some conflicting mods ABOVE smc and pulling relevant esp into seperate folders for merging.

This has been documented a bit more thoroughly further back in the thread including screenshots.  Did that answer your question?  If not try to restate it differently as I'm probably not quite understanding what you are asking.

Edited by jdsmith2816

No.  There is no performance gained from disabling/removing fully overwritten mods.  By fully overwritten i mean FULLY.. has to have the little silver lightning bolt flag.  I personally don't like the clutter and it leads to less change for mistakes to happen when you move things around in your left pane.

Thanks mono.  I'll check it out once I have my skyrim install in working order again.  Currently in conflict resolution hell heh.  Decided to change up alot of installed mods on a second profile for a different sort of playthrough.

Edited by jdsmith2816

Oh, I thought you meant that you didn't include ruffled feather in your SMC merge...  By all means turn off the stand alone version you might have in MO from SRLE.

As for those rocks I'm not sure.  I do know that they are properly textured with the correct versions of SMC rock/mountain replacers.  To isolate the problem I'd start by clicking the backup button for your mods in both panes.  Next disable all mods in the left pane except for vanilla + SMC.  Once this is done you should load your save or coc to whiterun and see if the problem persists.  This identifies whether the problem is with your SMC combination or some conflict you're having with SRLE mods.

Once you've verified whether or not you still have purple textures just click the restore from backup button on both panes. This restores the enabled and sorting state of your mods and plugins.

So I found the cause of purple textures and it is because of the Landscape and Environment Merge.esp if I have that disabled my rocks texture are there. Now I don't know how to find what's missing because what I see is everything is already at it's place correctly. Might have to do the original merge with their assets I guess since I just merge only their esps

Be careful what you pull out... anything scripted will not merge correctly unless you pull out the scripts as well.  If it's not a scripted mod then as far as I know there's no reason you need to do anything other than grab the esp.  Same reason the NPC Retexture merge works fine.

Be careful what you pull out... anything scripted will not merge correctly unless you pull out the scripts as well.  If it's not a scripted mod then as far as I know there's no reason you need to do anything other than grab the esp.  Same reason the NPC Retexture merge works fine.

So I just found what causing it, and it is the Northfire's Photoreal Mountains. Looks like the meshes that are used on the esp itself is not used on SMC I guess that's why when combining with SMC there are no Northfire's esps at all on the output folder. That is strange, I'm recombining now to see if I have made a mistakes.

No harm done Matts.  I just wanted to make sure that we are in the right frame of mind moving forward.

My process was to put every mod SMC asked for into the folder except for BCS, TreasureMaps, PhotoReal, and Smelters.  BCS becuase it's in DBM, TreasureMaps because it's already contained in BCS, PhotoReal because I wanted to utilize SRTO Mountains, and Smelters because of SMIM.  After combining I copied the whole folder into my SRLE LOTD mods directory, activated it and determined a rough starting location for it.  Afterwards I spent 2-3h removing duplicated and conflicting mods from SRLE, moving some conflicting mods ABOVE smc and pulling relevant esp into seperate folders for merging.

This has been documented a bit more thoroughly further back in the thread including screenshots.  Did that answer your question?  If not try to restate it differently as I'm probably not quite understanding what you are asking.

What I meant was: If you have useless mods that were already included in SMC, do you need to fully delete them or disable them in the left pane? Nevermind the "update" part of my question, that doesn't matter.

Regarding your answer, how did you figure out which conflicting mods needed removing?

There's no reason you HAVE to delete/disable if they are showing the silver lightning bolt... but you're more likely to cause weird **** when moving mods around/updating things if you don't have extra stuff floating around.  If you are wanting to keep them there for multiple profiles then just disable and then click in the priorty field, type in like... 700... and let it fly to the bottom of your list out of the way.

To find conflicting mods click on SMC... the entries that show up in green are being overwritten by SMC and the entries showing up in red are overwriting SMC.  From the list of red mods you determine if you installed it as part of smc... if so disable/remove.  If not you have to look at it to see how it conflicts...   Telvani reborn for instance retextures some DLC assets and heavily conflicts with SMC but SMC has alternative textures picked out so you can just remove it.  Some of the UNP armor packs IIRC conflict partially... I noticed a few of them were only conflicting on textures but still providing meshes so I moved them above smc so that smc textures would win out but I'd still get the updated armor meshes.   It's just a judgement call really.  

Your game isn't going to break because you let some other texture/mesh mod override SMC