SMC with SRLE Extended: LotD

Correct.  Freshly download everything that SMC asked for, put them in a TexturePacks folder, point the SMC interface to that folder, check all, and combine.  The SMC page near the bottom shows you what the various color combinations stand for.. it's kind of like TES5Edit foreground/background combinations.

The reason for doing this is that SMC picks and chooses which textures/meshes to install from each of the mods and expects the file to be structured and named like the original file from Nexus.   If you were to just zip up the mod from your mods directory it could be missing files that SRLE told you not to install.  Also if it was a FOMOD the file structure would be totally wrong.  If it was a BSA and you are extracting BSA's again the file contents would be totally wrong as SMC will be expecting to extract the BSA to grab the files.

Also make sure that you've read the instructions on the SMC mod page as it's thorough and answers most every question one could have about utilizing the SMC program.

One gotcha that I didn't notice for a while is that SMC wasn't detecting my DLC content so it wasn't offering mods that required DLC...  

SMC/settings.ini

BSAoptUnpack           = 1

CreateArchive            = 0
UseCompression        = 0

ForceEnableDLC         = 1

EditorMode                 = 1

Thanks so much for that advice. Right now, I'm copy-pasting the mods that I already have in my downloads folder to the TexturePacks folder. I came across some mods such as SFO and Verdant, that I don't really want to install because of the performance impact. Did you install them? Also, in the Archives section of SFO it says that you could also download the no grass version. Would you need that if you were to install Verdant with SFO? My guess is yes, but I haven't got to downloading the mods yet.

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks so much for that advice. Right now, I'm copy-pasting the mods that I already have in my downloads folder to the TexturePacks folder. I came across some mods such as SFO and Verdant, that I don't really want to install because of the performance impact. Did you install them? Also, in the Archives section of SFO it says that you could also download the no grass version. Would you need that if you were to install Verdant with SFO? My guess is yes, but I haven't got to downloading the mods yet.

NP, glad to help.

I am running everything in SMC except 'Ashes of the Red Mountain' and 'Book Covers Skyrim'  including SFO (not the no-grasses version) and Verdant.  

There's nothing saying you have to install every mod I just happen to really like the look of SFO w/ bigger trees and verdant.

Not sure what your specs are but with an expensive ENB and the full SMC pack I'm averaging in the 30s at 3440x1440 on a Gigabyte GTX 980ti 6GB w/ 16gb system ram and Intel i7 4770K CPU nothing overclocked.

Edited by jdsmith2816

NP, glad to help.

I am running everything in SMC except 'Ashes of the Red Mountain' and 'Book Covers Skyrim'  including SFO (not the no-grasses version) and Verdant.  

There's nothing saying you have to install every mod I just happen to really like the look of SFO w/ bigger trees and verdant.

Not sure what your specs are but with an expensive ENB and the full SMC pack I'm averaging in the 30s at 3440x1440 on a Gigabyte GTX 980ti 6GB w/ 16gb system ram and Intel i7 4770K CPU nothing overclocked.

My specs are actually like yours, same graphics card, RAM. The difference is that I have an i5-4690K overclocked to 4.5ghz. But, I have no idea what the frig is wrong with how my Skyrim works. I suffer from a lot of stuttering, even while running the SRLE Extended guide. It amazes me how much you could run the guide with minimal stutter at 60fps, because I have a lot of it. I enabled unsafememoryhacks, that helped, and I also did not fully increase my reservedmemorysizemb, which may be the problem. Anyways, thanks for the tips and I'm kinda shocked that you had no issues running the grass version of SFO with Verdant. Maybe SMC has something to do with that.

Edited by MattsDaZombieSlayer

My specs are actually like yours, same graphics card, RAM. The difference is that I have an i5-4690K overclocked to 4.5ghz. But, I have no idea what the frig is wrong with how my Skyrim works. I suffer from a lot of stuttering, even while running the SRLE Extended guide. It amazes me how much you could run the guide with minimal stutter at 60fps, because I have a lot of it. I enabled unsafememoryhacks, that helped, and I also did not fully increase my reservedmemorysizemb, which may be the problem. Anyways, thanks for the tips and I'm kinda shocked that you had no issues running the grass version of SFO with Verdant. Maybe SMC has something to do with that.

I only hit 60fps if I either turn off ENB or drop my resolution.  There's no way for me to hit 60fps with a good enb and at my resolution.  My FPS is only averaging in the 30s with the setup as it is with some stutter on cell load just due to loading so many textures from the filesystem.

I have no problems with SFO, SFO on Steroids, and Verdant running... I did add some custom loot rules to make sure verdant was loading where I needed it to, after the SFO mods.. I'll check my LOOT in a bit so I can list out what custom rules I had to apply to any SMC esps

I only hit 60fps if I either turn off ENB or drop my resolution.  There's no way for me to hit 60fps with a good enb and at my resolution.  My FPS is only averaging in the 30s with the setup as it is with some stutter on cell load just due to loading so many textures from the filesystem.

I have no problems with SFO, SFO on Steroids, and Verdant running... I did add some custom loot rules to make sure verdant was loading where I needed it to, after the SFO mods.. I'll check my LOOT in a bit so I can list out what custom rules I had to apply to any SMC esps

Thank you so much that would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you so much that would be greatly appreciated!

I actually think you could do away with the KrittaKitty esp as almost everything is overwritten by IH and IH is already using KrittaKitty textures.  I haven't bothered to compare with/without it to see if there's any actual difference in the look of the few horses the ESP touches after the overwrites from IH.

immersive horses - 
LOAD AFTER KrittaKitty_horses_uniqueFrost.esp

Let's verdant control the grass meshes/textures for what it provides.  I believe you could just merge the two cleanly if you're running low on available esp slots.

Make sure you've updated your ini grass settings per verdant.

verdant - 
LOAD AFTER SFO on Steroids.esp

At one point the SRLE guide had a loot rule that dropped RW2 really low on the load order but it was either removed or I missed it this go around... In either case I put it after verdant and Ivarstead to win some water related conflicts.

realisticwatertwo - 
LOAD AFTER Verdant - A Skyrim Grass Plugin.esp
LOAD AFTER Ivarstead.esp

I think the sort from LOOT on the rest of the esps are fine.

I'm currently running at 3440x1440 with a demanding ENB so I'm only averaging in the 30s according to Skyrim Performance Monitor. When I turn off ENB in game I peg out at 60 so I know that I were to use a more performance friendly ENB or dropped to a sane resolution it'd be buttery.

I REALLY like G&S Jyggalag and G&S Azura and a few other presets based around vanilla lighting and weather so I decided to ditch VW & ELFX.  I'm currently running the full version of Relighting Skyrim (not the chopped down version from neo) and ELE only.  Removal of these mods required more than just cutting out the master from darth's CR... You also need to go through the CR guide and override or remove all noted ELFX resolutions.  I chose to override so that I wouldn't have to keep removing all of those records each time darth updates the CR patch.

If you're stuck on weather mods and elfx I'd suggest swapping over to NLVA w/ NLVA, Rudy, or Tetrachromatic ENB. It'll let you keep all of the lighting mods in place, have tweaked vanilla weather, and still a much nicer looking ENB than Vividian imo.

Yep. I like NLVA+Tetrachromatic for NLVA with Relighting Skyrim and ELE. I'm also checking out Claralux. Looks pretty good. Rudy looks good, too.

jdsmith2816,

you seem to have a firm grasp on integrating SMC cleanly with SRLE:LOTD.

any chance of you being able to post an "unofficial/official" SMC SRLE:LOTD Integration Guide on this forum, updating as necessary and outlining all the steps in a bit more detail, maybe even providing a mod merge guide to reduce esp count?

I recall darth looking at SMC a little while back, but I imagine he's too busy dealing with the technical end of SRLE:LOTD, but if you're willing to tackle this part of it, I'm sure he'd be happy to put his stamp of approval on it, seeing how so many people are currently using SMC as part of their own setup.

Are these all using the same textures? I'd like to see flora, terrain, roads, buildings if you don't mind doing it. :)

Sorry it took so long to get back to this... been a busy Friday.

I ran around snapping random shots using Rudy ENB since it's less... altering...? than my normal preset.  I'm terrible at this but I think it gives a decent variety of what you asked for.  The last few shots in the list show the refracting stalhrim/glass meshes and textures for anyone wondering if they want it.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/gp5ys1xuy3mziav/AAD-3d6oD0QCuqZxehDOi5Qga?dl=0

Sorry it took so long to get back to this... been a busy Friday.

I ran around snapping random shots using Rudy ENB since it's less... altering...? than my normal preset.  I'm terrible at this but I think it gives a decent variety of what you asked for.  The last few shots in the list show the refracting stalhrim/glass meshes and textures for anyone wondering if they want it.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/gp5ys1xuy3mziav/AAD-3d6oD0QCuqZxehDOi5Qga?dl=0

Sweet! Thanks for doing this.  :D

You know how I deal with it?  I don't use Dual Sheath Redux.  ::P:

/gasp

I'd suggest finishing SRLE LOTD completely, verify it's working, then create a SRLE LOTD Customized profile that contains a SRLE DynDOLOD Customized SRLE Profile Customized etc... turn off the versions from SRLE LOTD, install your custom mods, rerun the patchers and see how it goes.

It's as easy as changing back to the SRLE LOTD profile to get back to a fully working base

Hey JD, I was looking through the past posts and you haven't said your opinion on making the SMC integration guide for SRLE: LOTD. Just wondering if you'd be willing to make it or not. As for me, I'm still downloading all of the SMC mods, so I haven't reached the hard part yet, of integrating it with SRLE.

Hey JD, I was looking through the past posts and you haven't said your opinion on making the SMC integration guide for SRLE: LOTD. Just wondering if you'd be willing to make it or not. As for me, I'm still downloading all of the SMC mods, so I haven't reached the hard part yet, of integrating it with SRLE.

I'm considering it... seems like maybe there's enough interest.  It definitely wouldn't happen this weekend.

Have you noticed any difference in terms of fps with or without smc ?

TBH I don't remember what FPS was like before I made the switch.  Right now on Win7 with 16gb system ram, i7 4770k CPU, and 6GB 980Ti nothing overclocked at 3440x1440 resolution with a heavy ENB preset I'm averaging in the 30s fps wise with minimal stuttering.  If I turn off ENB/drop resolution it sits around 60..