Bethesda Hi-Res DLC Optimized (by Vano89)

Farlo

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The compatible version is literally just an old version of the UHRP that's been extracted from the BSA. You'd get the exact same result from either moving this mod before UHRP, or moving UHRP after it.

I brought this up ages ago and there still hasn't been anything done about it.

So, according to your instructions we should change to the BSA version of the mod and load it before UHRP. With the new way MO handles BSAs we can leave the esps unchecked but still get the desired resolution confilct. 

I do not recommend changing to the BSA version. For one, that is confusing, and two, instead of downloading one file with all optionals, we'd have to instruct for multiple optionals. Keep it loose. Keep it simple.

Looking over the conflicts, this currently doesn't seem to be a "problem" so to speak if we use the UHRP compatible file, as none of the optimized files are overwriting the fixed ones, but it might be advantageous to move this from a simplicity point of view, keeping the HRDLC with the HRDLC. I'm not going to take at face value, however, that Vano simply extracted the UHRP textures, as it is possible that Vano optimized them somehow too. Need to do some hash comparisons.

Okay, I looked in the comments, and the UHRP compatible is indeed simply a loose version of UHRP due to it being in a BSA, as stated by Vano in the thread. Therefore, it would be profitable to move this between High Resolution Texture Pack and Unofficial High Resolution Patch. I checked the conflicts, and there is no problems there. Technically, all it would do is remove the need of the UHRP compatible file. Won't affect anything game-wise at all.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all!

What the title says.

I was wondering about another thing as well though. Do we have a thread for questions like these so people like me doesn't clutter the forums with 1 question threads?

~Sincerely

Halde

There are threads in Mod Anthology for all mods that are in the STEP guide. I'm not sure I know what you mean by using the Bethesda Hi-Res Optimized mod with manually optimized textures. The textures in this mod don't need any further optimization with DDSopt. Is that what you meant by manually optimized textures?

It depends on how much VRAM is available on the graphics card and what versions of other Conflicting Graphics STEP mods are used (the HRDLC and this mod have less effect on VRAM use than the exterior textures from the Conflicting Graphics mods such as SRO and Serious HD). When ENBoost and the latest SKSE are used to increase the effective VRAM available to the game, the guidelines in the instructions for this mod are likely to be a little conservative. You might want to try 2 versions of installation instructions from the guidelines and see whether the less conservative one works sufficiently well. If you use instructions that involve a mix of textures from this mod and from the HRDLC then it would be useful to use optimized HRDLC textures vs. the pure vanilla ones.

Well I have a GTX 760m 2GB VRAM(notice; mobile graphics card).

I am not using Serious HD nor SRO, since I prefer Skyrim HD. I'm using the Lite version(1k textures), and using all the packages: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/607/?tab=2&navtag=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nexusmods.com%2Fskyrim%2Fajax%2Fmodfiles%2F%3Fid%3D607&pUp=1. I am using my DDSopt optimized textures, but as DoubleYou said, I don't know if these are the same textures as in the mod. I don't see a point in using this mod if these in fact are the same textures. Unless my FPS is too low, then I suppose I can just remove my optimized textures, and install the 1k version of this mod.

Edited by Halde

I wouldn't say the textures in this mod have better optimization than that provided by DDSopt, but they were chosen to have reasonable quality in spite of reduced texture size. The lower VRAM usage is a result of using smaller textures. The textures in this mod are not the same as those produced by DDSopt optimization of the vanilla HRDLC textures, but for some systems they can provide a better trade off of quality and VRAM usage when limited VRAM is available.

• 3 weeks later...

I am confused about how to install this mod per STEP instrucitons. Steps detailed descriptions recommends "Hybrid (1024 + 2048) + Vanilla NormalMaps". On the mods description page it has the following instructions:

"After you installed the Main files above it's almost over, just follow the rest of the instructions are you're good to go!

Full 1024 (AKA Standalone):

1. Disable in Skyrim launcher HighResTexturePack01.esp, HighResTexturePack02.esp, HighResTexturePack03.esp (if you have them)

2. Play!!

Hybrid (1024+2048) AND Hybrid + Vanilla normal maps::

1. Make sure that HighResTexturePack01.esp, HighResTexturePack02.esp, HighResTexturePack03.esp are ACTIVE in Skyrim launcher or NMM

2. Play!!"

So, according to these insturctions we need to have the HighResTexturePack.esp's checked. Does this not apply to Mod Organizer, since we are using have MO manage archives option?

Also I am confused about the load order of the High Resolution Texture Packs, and the textures optimized with ddsopt, the unofficial patch's, and this. My left pane load order in MO looks like this, where the files ending in "_opt" are the files created with ddsopt following the STEP's guide instuctions for optimizing vanilla skyrim's and dlc's textures with ddsopt :

Cleaned Update ESM
Unofficial Skyrim Patch
STD_OPT (Vanilla Textures Optimized with ddsopt)
Dawnguard
Dawnguard_OPT
Unofficial Dawnguard Patch
HearthFires
Hearthfires_OPT
Unofficial Hearthfire Patch
Dragonborn
Dragonborn_OPT
Unofficial Dragonborn Patch
HighResTexturePack01.esp
HRDLC1_OPT
HighResTexturePack02.esp
HRDLC2_OPT
HighResTexturePack03
HRDLC3_OPT
Unofficial High Resolution Texture Patch

I haven't installed this mod yet but where should it go in this list?

Also here is my right pane plugin order, does it look right?

Skyrim.esm
Update.esm
Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp
Dawnguard.esm
Unofficial Dawnguard Patch.esp
HearthFires.esm
Unofficial Hearthfire Patch.esp
Dragonborn.esm
Unofficial Dragonborn Patch.esp
Skyrim Project Optimization - Full Version.esm
HighResTexturePack01.esp
HighResTexturePack02.esp