SRLE Extended: Legacy of The Dragonborn

@Alphakey: you can add Vilja to this guide easily, only little benign conflicts that can be easily solved (and if you don't solve them, as they are benign, it is not a real problem), I load her just before Inigo.

At the beginning her babblings bored me but when she is not here, I miss her ^^.

For RDO Patches (OPTIONAL FILES - CORE PACK -> RDO - Patches), no matter what I set as the data directory with MO, it says "No game data on top level".

On a possibly - but probably not - related note, when I installed Septim HD (MAIN FILES - Septim HD 1 point 0) and "Install[ed] only the contents of Alternates/Default BBP/Mipmaps.", it installed, but is greyed out and italicised in my mod list, and there is a red X under "Flags" - is this how it should be?

@Alphakey: you can add Vilja to this guide easily, only little benign conflicts that can be easily solved

How??!! =D

This update was pushed for everybody or still in phase of deployment ? I don't found any information about that...

It is a phased roll-out. See here: https://blogs.windows.com/windowsexperience/2017/10/23/windows-10-fall-creators-update-phased-rollout-approach/

To check if you are eligible for the update, just manually run Windows Update on your PC. The Windows version number with the Fall Creator's Update is 1709.

OK thanks while I don't mind typos being fixed I would prefer mod version updates be done by me (or Nozzer) just in case I need to update anything my end or the newer version breaks something and I need to issue a quick CR fix.

Sounds good, will do!

For RDO Patches (OPTIONAL FILES - CORE PACK -> RDO - Patches), no matter what I set as the data directory with MO, it says "No game data on top level".

On a possibly - but probably not - related note, when I installed Septim HD (MAIN FILES - Septim HD 1 point 0) and "Install[ed] only the contents of Alternates/Default BBP/Mipmaps.", it installed, but is greyed out and italicised in my mod list, and there is a red X under "Flags" - is this how it should be?

How??!! =D

1) That file has multiple archives in it. Download it manually and unzip it. Now you basically have five (or whatever the number is) separate mods.

Now to get them in the MO download folder, find your MO install and nested one folder deep is "downloads". Put the archives in there (still zipped), and they will show up in the downloads tab of MO. Then you can install the RDO Patches one. Alternatively, just click the button in the far top left and install the RDO Patches mod. It won't be in your download folder, but it will still be installed.

2) The red X in flags means there is no information that MO reads as game data. Basically, it is installed wrong.

I just tried installing it again: Double-click the mod in downloads. In the mod-name box, make sure it is named what you want and click Manual. Then open up the nested folders until you get to Alternates/Default BBP/Mipmaps, and right-click "Mipmaps" and set that as the data directory.

Basically, MO needs to mimic the Skyrim install. If you open up your Skyrim Data folder, you can see the different folders stuff is organized into. Notice that "textures" is one of them, and the same folder "textures" is under "Mipmaps" in the mod. Therefore when you select that as the data folder, MO knows where the stuff in the mod needs to get installed.

3) I would suggest sticking strictly to the guide first. Then when that is done, stable and you are happy, you can "Copy" the profile in MO to a new profile, and mess around with adding stuff. That way you always have your stable base to go back to that never gets touched.

Just remember that if you need to change an existing mod in your copied profile, just untick the old one, don't delete it, and just install another copy with a different name so that you don't screw up your base profile. As long as the files are named differently, you can install 500 different versions of the same mod. I just add whatever note in parentheses in the mod name. :-)

Edit: Wording.

Edited by Nebulous112

do what Nebulous says but normally I install that manually ie no through Mod Organizer.

I just tried installing it again: Double-click the mod in downloads. In the mod-name box, make sure it is named what you want and click Manual. Then open up the nested folders until you get to Alternates/Default BBP/Mipmaps, and right-click "Mipmaps" and set that as the data directory.

Basically, MO needs to mimic the Skyrim install. If you open up your Skyrim Data folder, you can see the different folders stuff is organized into. Notice that "textures" is one of them, and the same folder "textures" is under "Mipmaps" in the mod. Therefore when you select that as the data folder, MO knows where the stuff in the mod needs to get installed.

yes Septim HD has always confused me on proper installation so i need to make that clearer again normally I would just install manually not through Mod Organizer. Sometimes manual installation is best.

What does it mean when it says "BAIN Installer"?  I'm looking specifically at [Leanwolf's Better-Shaped Talos Statue with Greatsword], but that's not the only appearance of the phrase in the instructions.

it just different type of installer.  BAIN installers hearken back to the days when Wrye Bash was the mod manager of choice.