SRLE Extended: Legacy of The Dragonborn

If you didn't turn it off in your enb config then you have it since pretty much every preset defaults to turning on rain handling.

Not really, i found there are a lot of enbs who don't use it by default like the vividian, nlva, and such since they prefer their own textures over the "generic" transparent one from the enb.

nordpride_worldwide, you can use it, just enable the rain from the [rain] section in the gui, enable the occlusion in the main section, save and apply the effects or re-run the game.

Does anybody know why Depth-of-Field does not show up? It is enabled in Vividian install (my preference), in enbseries.ini, (EnableDepthOfField=true) and in the in-game ENB 0.315 pop-up menu.

Used to work in my previous SRLE with Vividian 0.308. Has Boris moved the DoF feature into a separate option somewhere?

Does anybody know why Depth-of-Field does not show up? It is enabled in Vividian install (my preference), in enbseries.ini, (EnableDepthOfField=true) and in the in-game ENB 0.315 pop-up menu.

Used to work in my previous SRLE with Vividian 0.308. Has Boris moved the DoF feature into a separate option somewhere?

Yes it's enableprepass now.

Basically he has separed the "prepass" and the "depth of field" for more shader coding or something like that.

• +1 1

Fairly new to Skyrim/modding, no experience (yet) with third-party tools, no coding/programming ability, etc.  May be biting off more than I can chew trying to do this from scratch, but that's my style.  First question is relating to the ENB - the guide says .315, the ENB Customiser tool only goes up to .308, and the newest version on the ENB site is .319 (and the second-newest is .292, earlier than the one in the official SRLEELOTD guide).  What ought I to do?

And if this board is the wrong one for questions/help, just let me know.

Edited by alphakay1488

When in doubt with the ENB stuff, use the newest version unless mentioned otherwise. 

Personally I manually install the ENB stuff. The 0.315 vs 0.319 thing is just cause there was an update done by the ENB producer that we haven't caught up on. Similar deal with the ENB tool. It's not been updated.

You might also find there's other mods that have not been updated either. In the main, using the newest versions of mods is fine, unless it's mentioned otherwise in the guide.

Darth or Nozzer hi! Just a thought...is it still recommended in crashfix to adjust CustomMemoryBlockTotalSizeMb so that in game in console the memory blocks do not exceed 95%. This was the recommendations awhile back, but i don't see any instructions regarding this anymore

If using crashfixes 12 beta 4 onwards you should not use the custom memory block allocator - it will ctd. You can use it on older builds though.

The only values to be changed in the ini otherwise are osallocators to 1 and alignheapallocate once you're read and understood the warning associated with that option.

Edit: while i'm at it and helping people avoid unnecessary CTD's the guide should drop Lanterns of Skyrim. That *will* cause skyrim to CTD. It's meshes are FUBAR according to Zilav's nifscan.

Edited by LordOfLA

I'm new here and have a few questions. I finished this guide a few months ago but decided to wait for the Win10 dx9 vram fix and am now in the process of finishing everything that's been added/revised the last few months.

I noticed in the changelog for 11/09/2017 it says vaguely "Completely Updated SFO". Should I leave my previous install (from June) of SFO alone? Reinstall just SFO using the updated instructions? Or should I go back and reinstall the entire SFO + grass section anyways and redo the Trees and Flora Merge (hopefully not because that's a lot of work...)?  

Under what conditions (after editing merge plugins, or adding/removing esps, etc) do I need to re-run Khajiit Ears Show, Relinker, Great Equalizer and SUM? Some clarification on when/if to re-run these would be helpful because there is none on the actual guide page like there is for FNIS, Wrye Bash and DynDOLOD. Everything else in the guide is very precise and well done though.

I know the mod suggestion thread is locked and the guide is basically at capacity, but I really think this small yet impactful popular SSE mod ported to Oldrim should be taken a look at and considered (not necessarily the visual/sound part): Aetherial Veins - Magic Enhancements (https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/84162/?)

Thank you for your amazing guide and any response is appreciated as I realize this is a lot to ask and most people have moved on to SSE. I'm looking forward to playing this setup!

Edited by Shnarf

Yes it's enableprepass now.

Basically he has separed the "prepass" and the "depth of field" for more shader coding or something like that.

Ok, I will check it out. I currently see  EnablePrepass=false in enbseries.ini; simply turning this to true will enable DoF?

Edit: while i'm at it and helping people avoid unnecessary CTD's the guide should drop Lanterns of Skyrim. That *will* cause skyrim to CTD. It's meshes are FUBAR according to Zilav's nifscan.

Do you have any suggestions of a replacement for LoS? We need some light out in these spooky woods!

Edited by Shnarf

Thanks, I foresee having a lot of questions ;)  Under the Optimised Textures section, for the Bethesda Performance Textures, there are two mods (with Nexus suffices 43921 and 42360) with multiple component files for each mod.  Ought I use Merge Plugins on them so they only take up two slots total (one each), rather than three or four per mod?