SRLE Extended: Legacy of The Dragonborn

I know what the custom allocator is for in crash fixes. I suggested the idea to meh and helped him test it. I just never seem to be around when he is to alert him to the CTD introduced in the most recent release of crash fixes.

I do not make claims as I have for fits and giggles, but you do you.

I'm sorry, my english skill is quite limited, so I'm not sure to understand your intention, especially the last part which sound a bit mocking...

I can't know what is the level of your knowledge or who you are, if you have helped meh or not...

The only thing I can say is this feature doesn't always generate CTD if you don't use it. A lot of users of my guide don't use it without any problems. I've got two PCs at home with very different setups which i use for tests, and i must active customblock only on one (the one with less memory), the other one didn't face CTD (or not related to this) despite that option is disabled.

I was looking to provide specifics but the surviving log of nifscan output I have seems to be post-los-removal from my setup. It is fairly easy to point nifscan at the LoS meshes and generate the info you need however. There is a comment on the posts tab by user Beezle on how to strip the output of issues you need not care about.

So I went into Nifskope to check out and try to fix the Lanterns of Skyrim NIFs...there are no meshes/NIFs in this mod??  What meshes are you referring to...am I missing something??

I'm sorry, my english skill is quite limited, so I'm not sure to understand your intention, especially the last part which sound a bit mocking...

I can't know what is the level of your knowledge or who you are, if you have helped meh or not...

The only thing I can say is this feature doesn't always generate CTD if you don't use it. A lot of users of my guide don't use it without any problems. I've got two PCs at home with very different setups which i use for tests, and i must active customblock only on one (the one with less memory), the other one didn't face CTD (or not related to this) despite that option is disabled.

There's a bug in beta4/release ver of crash fies with the custom block allocator that will ctd the game. If you want to use the custom block allocator use beta3, otherwise disable it. It isn't really needed for SRLE/Extended LotD.

So I went into Nifskope to check out and try to fix the Lanterns of Skyrim NIFs...there are no meshes/NIFs in this mod??  What meshes are you referring to...am I missing something??

You're right. I redownloaded the files to double check. It would be the Blowing in the Wind meshes that get patched on to the LoS lamp posts.

There's a bug in beta4/release ver of crash fies with the custom block allocator that will ctd the game. If you want to use the custom block allocator use beta3, otherwise disable it. It isn't really needed for SRLE/Extended LotD.

Again, i'm sorry to contradict you, I use crash fixes Beta 4 since many build and it doesn't induce CTD when you use or not use this option.

(As i said before, one of my pc use it, the other one not, and the two use same crash fixes version)

(Sorry for the double post, i forget this and I was too slow to edit the previous one :/)

Beside that i'm curious to know what make you conclude this. I know that I'm not facing this problem on my two rig. A lot of my guide users use it or not and don't seems to face problem but I can't be sure because they can change things without tell it to me.

I will be happy if we can discuss about it by pm.

I'm interested to know :

Is it systematic ? Which test did you do and your configuration detail ?

Edited by memnochs

Question: I see you've removed the Frostfall Addon for SKYUI. Does this mean we lose the ability to display the warmth and coverage of our gear in our inventory descriptions? Or does something else solve that problem?

it means we loose it cos I figure I don't pay attention to that and we basically remove the Frostfall Addon for SKYUI anyway cos of SkyUI - show armor slots - updated and Since the mod author of SkyUI - show armor slots - updated does not support Frostfall that mean the patch I had will never be updated so I figured might as just bite the bullet and get rid of it.

it means we loose it cos I figure I don't pay attention to that and we basically remove the Frostfall Addon for SKYUI anyway cos of SkyUI - show armor slots - updated and Since the mod author of SkyUI - show armor slots - updated does support Frostfall that mean the patch I had will never be updated so I figured might as just bite the bullet and get rid of it.

Okay, I do actually pay attention to it for my playthrough so is there any harm in not removing it gameplay wise? Or is it one of those you might break something if you don't affair?