SRLE Extended: Legacy of The Dragonborn

This issue is different from the fear of fire feature.  This is a pack AI thing.  Basically with SkyTest, wolves will be emboldened and attack when there are 2 or more, but if you kill off all but one, the last one will retreat.  This will cause the issue you are speaking of where the wolf will flee but stay in combat state, which as you said, can be pretty frustrating.

It's probably possible to make tweaks to this behaviour in xEdit to prevent this from happening, but I haven't looked at it.

Yeah! this sounds like what it is. I'm sure it'll be less of an issue when I can just one shot the wolves, but right now it's probably the most annoying thing in this playthrough so far. Can't craft or cook or really do anything while your follower chases a wolf for 10 minutes. I'm going to keep an eye out for that spell JUNKdeLUXE mentioned too, I think I saw it somewhere before but passed it up due to lack of gold.

Yeah! this sounds like what it is. I'm sure it'll be less of an issue when I can just one shot the wolves, but right now it's probably the most annoying thing in this playthrough so far. Can't craft or cook or really do anything while your follower chases a wolf for 10 minutes. I'm going to keep an eye out for that spell JUNKdeLUXE mentioned too, I think I saw it somewhere before but passed it up due to lack of gold.

What I usually do is teleport my followers when they got far away for long.

I see that like a little annoyance at cost of the immersion it gives. Real life animals actually behave like that ;)

Enviado desde mi Pixel XL mediante Tapatalk

What I usually do is teleport my followers when they got far away for long.

I see that like a little annoyance at cost of the immersion it gives. Real life animals actually behave like that ;)

Enviado desde mi Pixel XL mediante Tapatalk

When I try this they just run off again because teleport doesn't take them out of the combat state. The only one that doesn't seem to run off is Inigo.

The changes I made didn't work as expected, so I went back in and played around with the values a bit more.

Now, in my tests, when being attacked by a group of 3 wolves, if a wolf got to 20% of health, it would flee (Down from 30%) and if wolves were killed to where there was only 1 left, that wolf would flee.

The difference now, it seems, is that the wolf will only run a short distance away and then stop and turn back to face the player.  If you get close again however, it will turn and flee again, but only a short distance like before and stop.

This should keep the realistic behaviour, but allow for easier killing of the remaining wolf.

(This change was made to other creatures as well, but was only tested with wolves)

Obviously it hasn't been fully tested, and I have no idea if what I did is truly doing anything, but I present the patch to you to test and use as you see fit.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/g214ijqxq94h4jk/SkyTEST_Patch.rar

Edited by sirjesto

thanks SirJesto i have had a quick look at the patch and if people can test it out and report back and if confirm it works then we can actually merge this into the CR without too much hassle.

Edit: actually scratch what I said about merging into the CR as it merges into the Bash Patch.

Edited by DarkladyLexy

The changes I made didn't work as expected, so I went back in and played around with the values a bit more.

Now, in my tests, when being attacked by a group of 3 wolves, if a wolf got to 20% of health, it would flee (Down from 30%) and if wolves were killed to where there was only 1 left, that wolf would flee.

The difference now, it seems, is that the wolf will only run a short distance away and then stop and turn back to face the player.  If you get close again however, it will turn and flee again, but only a short distance like before and stop.

This should keep the realistic behaviour, but allow for easier killing of the remaining wolf.

(This change was made to other creatures as well, but was only tested with wolves)

Obviously it hasn't been fully tested, and I have no idea if what I did is truly doing anything, but I present the patch to you to test and use as you see fit.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/g214ijqxq94h4jk/SkyTEST_Patch.rar

Awesome, will be testing this today!

The bad news is my problem is motherboard death. Memory from my machine works fine in another machine but I get BSOD's with brand new memory. I have no idea who this happened. I was looking to upgrade motherboard, processor and memory soon anyway. Looks like my hand is forced.

Hi SRLE - Extended Team 

So I've just completed my first pass through the guide and have the game up and running.  My FPS seems good until I reach areas like the tundra outside of whiterun it bogs down and gets kinda sluggish.  Do you think running in fullscreen instead of borderless windowed with One Tweak could help with this?

The bad news is my problem is motherboard death. Memory from my machine works fine in another machine but I get BSOD's with brand new memory. I have no idea who this happened. I was looking to upgrade motherboard, processor and memory soon anyway. Looks like my hand is forced.

well that sucks.

Hi SRLE - Extended Team 

So I've just completed my first pass through the guide and have the game up and running.  My FPS seems good until I reach areas like the tundra outside of whiterun it bogs down and gets kinda sluggish.  Do you think running in fullscreen instead of borderless windowed with One Tweak could help with this?

wouldn't hurt to try. what FPS are you getting don't forget the grass mods used in the guide can be heavy hitting you can reduce the FPS by playing around with iMinGrassSize in the Skyrim.ini file

I believe the install steps for Female Blades Light Armor need updated. the esp in the main file needs deleted

no it doesn't it gets merged later on so you need the esp.

Something else I found, has anyone seen this issue before?

https://i.imgur.com/YWigjPq.jpg

A lot of the grass/flora in this place is pure black. There's also some weird shadow shenanigans going on as the entire cavern occasionally turns pitch black. This is in Shadowgreen Cavern up by Solitude.

I'll pop up to Shadowgreen cavern and have a look next time I am in game.

Edit: Think is is due to the fact that the lighting mods and ENB combination currently used makes cave really really dark.

Edited by DarkladyLexy