SRLE Extended: Legacy of The Dragonborn

I have a question - should you be able to interact with the bathing stations placed in various inn rooms/bedrooms? I try bringing up the wheel menu and bathing but it says not enough water or something and nothing happens. Went to the Bathing in Skyrim page and didn't see any info about this but I may be blind.

I want to improve the guide on this aspect to be more newbie friendly, because I had a hard time with that particular section too :)

I'm not trying to be difficult, but I even mention in the guide that it involves some more advanced modding concepts. I don't want to explain everything to the nth when there's YouTube videos and other STEP guides on the wiki etc that explain the tools and using them.

Run ReLinker
  • Close Mod Organizer and Run ReLinker
  • First time you have to set Mod Organizer's root path into ReLinker
  • Second you have to set Mod Organizer's mods folder path.
  • Once ReLinker completes place ReLinker Output folder that appears last in MO right before DynDOLOD - TexGen Output folder then Activate it.

Not possible to place it correctly (on a from-scratch-install) as DYNDOLOD has yet to be run.

I'm not trying to be difficult, but I even mention in the guide that it involves some more advanced modding concepts. I don't want to explain everything to the nth when there's YouTube videos and other STEP guides on the wiki etc that explain the tools and using them.

I don't think everything needs to be mentioned. I believe most of us that do these big installs have done STEP:Advanced, SR:LE or something else on these forums. But there are steps that can be interpreted in more than 1 way and/or the writer assumes the user knows something or have a specific setup which in turn confuses some people. Me included as I hate making errors :)

The items I've mentioned so far during my posts here are items that makes no logical sense as they can't be done at that step (and thus you would have to go back and forth) or I just don't plain understand what you want me to do :)

For me I could use much less text if the text provided you with concise and specific steps.

All in all, you're doing a hell of a job, and the small errors me and others find is only to make sure you can make your guide even better :D

That's fine. Leave it where it sits naturally and then ensure it's where it should be after the DynDOLOD stuff is done.

Ohh, I gathered as much :) It's just not very userfriendly step :P

Omgitskae, hi..to be able to use wash basins in inns etc you need to have a mod like Interactive Wash basins which works along side Bathing in Skyrim with a patch. However the mod author has hidden this mod to upgrade so at present can't be used unless you have an earlier version..LOTD has a patch for this as well. I have always just found a body of water that at least knee height or water fall to bath in. Shallower water will also indicate lack of enough water. I'm not aware of any other mod that allows you to use basins...But others may know of. Hope this helps

Berndaroy

water fall to bath in. Shallower water will also indicate lack of enough water.

Berndaroy

I have seen that not all the water falls work neither. It only works when it says "I am drenched" that you know the "player-engine" takes the water fall in account and you can take a shower there.

Alkira.

• +1 1

Omgitskae, hi..to be able to use wash basins in inns etc you need to have a mod like Interactive Wash basins which works along side Bathing in Skyrim with a patch. However the mod author has hidden this mod to upgrade so at present can't be used unless you have an earlier version..LOTD has a patch for this as well. I have always just found a body of water that at least knee height or water fall to bath in. Shallower water will also indicate lack of enough water. I'm not aware of any other mod that allows you to use basins...But others may know of. Hope this helps

Berndaroy

Ahh, I thought so. So with this load order they are just basically decoration. Thanks. :D

The wash basins etc will work if you use the Advanced version of inns and taverns, if I recall. Fairly sure I did that before. Otherwise use some standing water. I always find the moat around Dragonsreach a fun place to bathe for the laughs. The Waterfall in that mine near Riverswood is fine too. Wash off all that Bandit blood :)

By the way Nozzer, Darth or Lexy, are we still required to "Clean Masters" on the Dyndolod esp after running it as suggested in the  old build. Also when running the dyndolod generator if i'm not mistaken, on dyndolod page, it recommends de-activating MO manage archives(i stand corrected here, sure i read it there), is this your thoughts as well....Ta

Berndaroy

Something I just noticed when checking my available free drive space, it is that the --- Faces Merged takes a lot of space. The reason is because he is integrating all the assets from the original mods, but mostly from the KS Hairdos Renewal mod.

We have a warning at the beginning of the guide about removing the original bethesda's high resolution textures in order to save space. Maybe we can do something about this as well.

1118385.png

Regards

I don't know how often it has to be said that this guide is quite comprehensive and will take a good amount of space.

If it's bothering you for space, then check the output of the merge folder. Ensure that the hair textures and meshes from KS are in that folder. If so you can untick the original mod.