SRLE Extended: Legacy of The Dragonborn

Most ENB's take a fairly big hit, but the author of Vivid Weathers has provided a list of ENB presets that are compatible with their mod. I personally really like "Bleak Vivid Weather ENB." It doesn't take too much of a hit for me but I haven't extensively tested it. Additionally, the author has provided a guide on how to make other ENB presets compatible with the mod.

Here's the link to the compatible ENB's: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/73937/?tab=4&&navtag=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nexusmods.com%2Fskyrim%2Fajax%2Fcomments%2F%3Fmod_id%3D73937%26page%3D1%26sort%3DDESC%26pid%3D0%26thread_id%3D3860450&pUp=1

Thanks sspalex77.

Alkira.

Has anyone encountered the Falskaar's bug where the Trap door on the boat to return to Skyrim doesn't work? My Passage Home quest is active, with the marker pointing to the trap door.

This bug problem was mentioned on this forum back in August 2016, and the fix seems to be to install the mod Island Fast travel.

If there is another workaround this bug (besides using coc or adding the fast travel mod), I am interested.

Ok I believe I've finished the Prerequisites page. Hopefully Darth_mathias gets a peek at it and gives it his approval. Feel free to critique it and rip my poxy attempts at HTML and typing to shreds. Now to work on the main guide to remove some of the Templates and convert them to HTML.

Things are moving along.

Seriously though, do let me know if you see anything hinky. It's been ages since I did much coding, even if it is only the basics of the basics. Go to the page, assume you know bugger all about modding and the tool usage and let me know if there could be things better explained. I have a habit of getting a little verbose at times. I wanted to make it a little more Noob Modder friendly, but without being completely hand holdy either.

I've been fooling around with different ENB's and non ENB Visual Enhancement mods all day. No matter the ENB, my FPS drops drastically. I have finally decided to go with Imaginator and Dynavision. Do you know of any reason why these would conflict with the SRLE: LOTD setup, and do you have any other recommendations?

These should work fine.

Check this out as well. Old guide, but still very helpful

https://wiki.step-project.com/Pack:Guide_to_Run_SRLE_with_REGS_on_Medium_Systems

Edited by darkside

So i need to restore skyrim to vanilla with out losing everything i downloaded from mod organizer because i want to start from scratch and don't know where to begin or what to delete?

and i need to now is it safe to pack bsa's with mod organizer or leave it as it is i know that some mods like campfire and other's needs the bsa to function properly i am talking about the other mods in the guide 

Edited by kareemamr50

This has been one of my guides as well. The one thing that confuses me however is the Constraint settings as DXTx for *.dds, *_msn.dds, *_n.dds and R8G8B8/A8R8GG8B8/L8/A8L8 for *_s.dds. I understand the DXTx settings is the performance friendly settings, but I believe that is what caused the purple tint on the females and children I had experienced during my last installation. I think when I get to the body mods again, I will only use the R8G8B8/A8R8GG8B8/L8/A8L8 for all the Constraint settings. What has been your experience?

darkside, on 19 Feb 2017 - 05:38 AM, said:snapback.png

These should work fine.

Check this out as well. Old guide, but still very helpful

https://wiki.step-pro..._Medium_Systems

This is what I used to complete my setup. This definitely helped me a lot.

Alkira.

This has been one of my guides as well. The one thing that confuses me however is the Constraint settings as DXTx for *.dds, *_msn.dds, *_n.dds and R8G8B8/A8R8GG8B8/L8/A8L8 for *_s.dds. I understand the DXTx settings is the performance friendly settings, but I believe that is what caused the purple tint on the females and children I had experienced during my last installation. I think when I get to the body mods again, I will only use the R8G8B8/A8R8GG8B8/L8/A8L8 for all the Constraint settings. What has been your experience?

I didn't notice any problem with this setting, but I followed this guide long time ago when I was on laptop (760m SLI). I'm now running 980ti.

Good evening,

@Darth_Mathias:

Keeping an eye on your guide, I have noticed that "BPT - Draugr Armor 2K" is redundant with DRAUGR's mod from Kajuan placed way after. I would suggest to remove the "armorfemale.dds" from DRAUGR inferior in quality than the BPT's one IMHO and keep the other ("armor.dds").

Alkira.

How does this look as the settings I plan to use for all my textures with my re-installation?

Guide:DDSopt/Skyrim

Download v2.82 batch files referenced in the Guide (updated January 28, 2016)

Working Directory

1. Create a "Working Directory" folder.

2. Create a "Mod Extracted" subfolder.

3. Extract the mod to be optimized into the "Mod Extracted" folder.

1.  Run 4_Mod_Sorting_Pre-optimization_2.81.bat

2.  Launch DDSopt.

Behave menu (check following settings, other selections must be unchecked):

• In Textures sub-menu, check following settings :
  • Produce partial derivative tangent-space normal-maps
  • Raise Normal-map steepness each mip level
  • Gamma-Correct mip-map filtering fir color-maps
  • In Normal-map steepness raise sub-menu :
    • Set 1.75x
  • In Foliage-map opacity raise sub-menu :
  • Set 2.0x
  • Set g^2.2
  • Set c^1.5
  • In colour-map gamma sub-menu :
  • In Alpha-map contrast sub-menu

Apply menu (check following settings, other selections must be unchecked):

• Re-compress and re-mip all textures (DDS)
  • Compress all known image-formats (PNG,BMP,etc.)

Ignore menu (check following settings, other selections must be unchecked):

• Don't process any high dynamic range images (DDs, HDR, etc.)
  • Copy unprocessed and ignored files (passthrought)

Compression menu :

• Set it to 10 (maximum)

Setting menu (check following settings, other selections must be unchecked):

• Skip existing files
  • Skip older files
  • Skip hidden files
  • Unselect inappropriate
  • Write logfile

In the Broswer tab set your texture directory source with the top "Browser" and set your output directory with the bottom "Brower".

3.  Use the Constraints tab to cap your texture size and quality:

For more Performance use DXTx for *.dds, *_msn.dds, *_n.dds textures.

For Higher Quality always use R8G8B8/A8R8GG8B8/L8/A8L8 for all *_s.dds textures. This constraint can be used for all textures if you prefer the higher quality over performance.

Mod Body Textures = R8G8B8/A8R8GG8B8/L8/A8L8 with Uncompressed=2048x2048

Move Mod Normal Maps to Mod Ordinary Textures = DXTx with Uncompressed=2048x2048

Move Mod Exterior Normal Maps to Mod Ordinary Textures = DXTx with Uncompressed=1024x1024

[browser] tab (upper window)

Select the Texture folder that you wish to optimize (e.g. Mod Body Textures, or Mod Exterior Normal Maps, etc…)

[browser] tab (lower window)

Mod Optimized

4.  Click [Process] to begin optimizing the textures

The optimization is complete. The Mod Optimized directory will now have folders with optimized textures for all the mods that were extracted. The Optimized files can now be archived for installation.

Use DDSopt on each individual mod before running DynDOLOD if you use it.