SRLE Extended: Legacy of The Dragonborn

What FPS do you guys generally shoot for? Maybe I'm being a little too nitpicky in insisting that I want 60 FPS all the time and just lock it at 45

Lock it definitely under 60. I lock mine at about 58 usually and don't see it drop too much except down around Falkreath where the forest gets a bit thicker.

So i need to restore skyrim to vanilla with out losing everything i downloaded from mod organizer because i want to start from scratch and don't know where to begin or what to delete?

and i need to now is it safe to pack bsa's with mod organizer or leave it as it is i know that some mods like campfire and other's needs the bsa to function properly i am talking about the other mods in the guide 

Just don't delete or empty your Skyrim Downloads directory. When you reinstall MO, point it at this directory and everything you've downloaded will be available to reinstall again.

Regards BSA's I know what Arthmoor and the USLEEP team say about not unpacking them and how they jump down MO's throat about it. I've NEVER had an issue unpacking them, except for Inigo. Leave that one packed. If you leave the ones in the guide packed it says to leave packed, you'll be fine. As I've said before, I've had more BSA issues when I didn't ever unpack them and just forgot to check them in archives. 

• +1 1

I wasn't able to edit the changes I made:

How does this look as the settings I plan to use for all my textures with my re-installation?

Guide:DDSopt/Skyrim

Download v2.82 batch files referenced in the Guide (updated January 28, 2016)

Working Directory

1. Create a "Working Directory" folder.

2. Create a "Mod Extracted" subfolder.

3. Extract the mod to be optimized into the "Mod Extracted" folder.

1.  Run 4_Mod_Sorting_Pre-optimization_2.81.bat

2.  Launch DDSopt.

Behave menu (check following settings, other selections must be unchecked):

• In Textures sub-menu, check following settings :
  • Produce partial derivative tangent-space normal-maps
  • Raise Normal-map steepness each mip level
  • Gamma-Correct mip-map filtering fir color-maps
  • In Normal-map steepness raise sub-menu :
    • Set 1.75x
  • In Foliage-map opacity raise sub-menu :
  • Set 2.0x
  • Set g^2.2
  • Set c^1.5
  • In colour-map gamma sub-menu :
  • In Alpha-map contrast sub-menu

Apply menu (check following settings, other selections must be unchecked):

• Re-compress and re-mip all textures (DDS)
  • Compress all known image-formats (PNG,BMP,etc.)

Ignore menu (check following settings, other selections must be unchecked):

• Don't process any high dynamic range images (DDs, HDR, etc.)
  • Copy unprocessed and ignored files (passthrought)

Compression menu :

• Set it to 10 (maximum)

Setting menu (check following settings, other selections must be unchecked):

• Skip existing files
  • Skip older files
  • Skip hidden files
  • Unselect inappropriate
  • Write logfile

In the Broswer tab set your texture directory source with the top "Browser" and set your output directory with the bottom "Brower".

3.  Use the Constraints tab to cap your texture size and quality:

For more Performance use DXTx for *.dds, *_msn.dds, *_n.dds textures.

For Higher Quality always use R8G8B8/A8R8GG8B8/L8/A8L8 for all *_s.dds textures. This constraint can be used for all textures if you prefer the higher quality over performance.

Mod Body Textures = R8G8B8/A8R8GG8B8/L8/A8L8 with Uncompressed=2048x2048

Move Mod Normal Maps to Mod Ordinary Textures = DXTx with Uncompressed=2048x2048

Move Mod Exterior Normal Maps to Mod Ordinary Textures = DXTx with Uncompressed=1024x1024

[browser] tab (upper window)

Select the Texture folder that you wish to optimize (e.g. Mod Body Textures, or Mod Exterior Normal Maps, etc…)

[browser] tab (lower window)

Mod Optimized

4.  Click [Process] to begin optimizing the textures

The optimization is complete. The Mod Optimized directory will now have folders with optimized textures for all the mods that were extracted. The Optimized files can now be archived for installation.

Use DDSopt on each individual mod before running DynDOLOD if you use it.

[browser] tab (upper window)

Select the Texture folder that you wish to optimize (e.g. Mod Body Textures, or Mod Exterior Normal Maps, etc…)

Check the "Show Recursive" box below the center text-box.

Make certain all files are selected.

In the center text box, type "*_s.dds" and then click [Apply].

Click the red [X] to deselect all files.

Clear the center box and click [Apply].

Click [Process] to begin optimizing the textures.

[browser] tab (lower window)

Mod Optimized

Change the Constraints settings to R8G8B8/A8R8GG8B8/L8/A8L8 with Uncompressed=2048x2048.

Click the red [X] to deselect all files.

In the center text box, type "*_s.dds" and then click [Apply].

Click the green checkmark to select all filtered files.

Click [Process] to begin optimizing the textures.

Edited by Diana_TES_GotH

Just don't delete or empty your Skyrim Downloads directory. When you reinstall MO, point it at this directory and everything you've downloaded will be available to reinstall again.

Regards BSA's I know what Arthmoor and the USLEEP team say about not unpacking them and how they jump down MO's throat about it. I've NEVER had an issue unpacking them, except for Inigo. Leave that one packed. If you leave the ones in the guide packed it says to leave packed, you'll be fine. As I've said before, I've had more BSA issues when I didn't ever unpack them and just forgot to check them in archives. 

ok got it how about the nivida settings for skyrim should i mess with anything or nvidia settings in general and do i use inspector i have a gtx 970

@darth, and Nozzor66,

I noticed the standalone guide recommend install Bethesda Performance Textures - Armor - Clothes - Weapons by Gamwich

Why do you recommend to install only BPT_2K_ALL, but not the main file BPT_ALL_3_0 as well? 

To be honest, that one you'll need to ask Darth as I only just noticed it was there myself. I'm afraid I don't have an answer on that.

Though: Looking at the mod page even the author is suggesting to use version 3. Might still wait for Darth's call.

Edited by Nozzer66

@darth, and Nozzor66,

I noticed the standalone guide recommend install Bethesda Performance Textures - Armor - Clothes - Weapons by Gamwich

Why do you recommend to install only BPT_2K_ALL, but not the main file BPT_ALL_3_0 as well? 

When I looked at it in MO the 2K optional fully overwrote the main BPT_ALL_3_0 version so i decided to use only the 2k version (this might be wrong not 100% sure)

Edited by Darth_mathias

So OneTweak disables my GPU's forced vsync, and the ENB Vsync that I turned on is odd in that it locks my framerate to either 60 or 40/feels sluggish. As in if I can't maintain 60, it will lock it down to 40 rather than let it fluctuate. Is there a way to get my driver's Vsync to work with windowed borderless? Being able to alt-tab is nice, thanks in advance

I just finished setting up the guide and got a crash saying, 

"Skyrim has crashed because an object reference with form ID: 0x7B7A6, base form ID: 0x1C42F and type: 0x22 failed to produce loaded node most likely due to corrupted mesh or other reasons"

This is after sleeping in the bed when choosing the "Camping in the woods" start. I will try other starts now and will post my findings

Can someone help me out with this?

Edited by ATMPlays

I just spawned using the "shipwrecked" option and crashed upon reaching dawnstar Here is the message from this time.

"Skyrim has crashed because an object reference with form ID: 0x93261, base form ID: 0xB2425 and type: 0x22 failed to produce loaded node most likely due to corrupted mesh or other reasons"

I just spawned using the "shipwrecked" option and crashed upon reaching dawnstar Here is the message from this time.

"Skyrim has crashed because an object reference with form ID: 0x93261, base form ID: 0xB2425 and type: 0x22 failed to produce loaded node most likely due to corrupted mesh or other reasons"

I had to change my enblocal.ini to 

[GLOBAL]

UsePatchSpeedhackWithoutGraphics=true

UseDefferedRendering=false

After you have reached your destination and save, you should be able to set it back.