SRLE Extended: Legacy of The Dragonborn

On the whole landscape thing, I have to say that I really like Enhanced Landscapes and Enhanced Vanilla Trees... Haven't tried SLO yet as I'm not experiencing fps issues with my setup, but it does look interesting particularly with the fixes by Hishutup.

On the other hand Distinct Skyrim Landscapes is an interesting take as well.  There is something to making certain areas more sparse, and EL can feel a tad over-cluttered sometimes.

On top of all of that, I do miss the tree diversity from SFO in my current setup, and there are some plant textures and meshes in SFO that I don't think anything else covers, or at least as well as Vurt.

It seems to me the absolute ideal would be EVT with edits - replacing certain trees with SFO trees (using Bent Pines and Large Junipers as well as trees from 2.5b), appropriate to the area, and possibly removing trees from some areas for performance/aesthetic.  Then, an EL or SLO possibly with edits to match.  Lol.  I use Verdant and Unique Flowers and Plants as well, and they would fit nicely in there... though likely if you're looking for perfection Verdant would have to be heavily edited...  I don't like grass clipping, but I can live with it for purty tundras and forests.

On the whole landscape thing, I have to say that I really like Enhanced Landscapes and Enhanced Vanilla Trees... Haven't tried SLO yet as I'm not experiencing fps issues with my setup, but it does look interesting particularly with the fixes by Hishutup.

On the other hand Distinct Skyrim Landscapes is an interesting take as well.  There is something to making certain areas more sparse, and EL can feel a tad over-cluttered sometimes.

On top of all of that, I do miss the tree diversity from SFO in my current setup, and there are some plant textures and meshes in SFO that I don't think anything else covers, or at least as well as Vurt.

It seems to me the absolute ideal would be EVT with edits - replacing certain trees with SFO trees (using Bent Pines and Large Junipers as well as trees from 2.5b), appropriate to the area, and possibly removing trees from some areas for performance/aesthetic.  Then, an EL or SLO possibly with edits to match.  Lol.  I use Verdant and Unique Flowers and Plants as well, and they would fit nicely in there... though likely if you're looking for perfection Verdant would have to be heavily edited...  I don't like grass clipping, but I can live with it for purty tundras and forests.

well me my wife Paul, Dunc and Hishutup are working on overhauling the Landscape. phase 1 should drop soon.

open plugin in TES5EDIT..go to file header..click on the master file and edit to Enhanced Landscapes - Merged.esp...save..

sounds easy,,, there is a first time for everything,,, thanks ill give it a go :)

cheers

Canadus

Ok we tested some trees combinations and we found one. We'll be updating the guide soon. It will be a combination of SFO EVT and some custom placed trees.

got a question regarding changing the landscapes,,,,, is that something that can be done midplay... getting pretty sick restarting all the time :P

cheers

Canadus

sounds easy,,, there is a first time for everything,,, thanks ill give it a go :)

cheers

Canadus

got a question regarding changing the landscapes,,,,, is that something that can be done midplay... getting pretty sick restarting all the time :P

cheers

Canadus

No update during midplay is 100% sure. Usually when updating midplay as the mod author suggests it works fine.

hey darth

where did you get this plugin WetandColdAshes WAFR CCF.esp?

i can't find it anywhere on my load order

this is from Assorted Patches

cheers

Canadus

cheers

Canadus

No update during midplay is 100% sure. you will have to redo Dyndolod for this update when it drops.

cheers

Canadus

cheers

Canadus

Thats my issue too. Also why ive decided to NOT change or update anything. I have made adjustments and got performance where i want it. 

Sounds like a lot of you (most of you) spend more time tinkering with all these mods than actually playing the game. Whats the point in doing all of this if you arent going to enjoy the game? Or cant because your redoing a large merge or section of the guide that causes a restart.....comes a point when enough is enough. 

I spent over a week setting this up and am now level 20......not updating anything until i am done with this character. 

I know its been changed in the guide as well.....but wanted to mention changing from the Bethini "ultra" preset to the "high" preset gave me about a 15% increase in performance. Pretty dramatic difference.

I also turned off ambient occlusion, cloud shadows, water, and reflections. Almost no visual quality loss and more performance.

That combined with using 1k textures with noble skyrim and vivid landscapes have got me pretty stable. 

Also playing with the custom memory block in crash fixes.....hopefully can get rid of most of these crashes during heavy combat scenes. 

These things are really only necessary for those of us not on windows 7 and or with less than 980tis or better. 

Edited by twiztedmongoloid

Thats my issue too. Also why ive decided to NOT change or update anything. I have made adjustments and got performance where i want it. 

Sounds like a lot of you (most of you) spend more time tinkering with all these mods than actually playing the game. Whats the point in doing all of this if you arent going to enjoy the game? Or cant because your redoing a large merge or section of the guide that causes a restart.....comes a point when enough is enough. 

I spent over a week setting this up and am now level 20......not updating anything until i am done with this character. 

I know its been changed in the guide as well.....but wanted to mention changing from the Bethini "ultra" preset to the "high" preset gave me about a 15% increase in performance. Pretty dramatic difference.

I also turned off ambient occlusion, cloud shadows, water, and reflections. Almost no visual quality loss and more performance.

That combined with using 1k textures with noble skyrim and vivid landscapes have got me pretty stable. 

Also playing with the custom memory block in crash fixes.....hopefully can get rid of most of these crashes during heavy combat scenes. 

These things are really only necessary for those of us not on windows 7 and or with less than 980tis or better. 

well i cant speak for others but I basally don't have a lot of fee time to actually just sit and play the game (especially at the moment).

To be completely honest never in my wildness dreams did I ever think that my original load order I created about a year ago would go to would become SRLE Extended the grew even further into SRLE Extended LOTD.

I only came back to Skiyrim because I had grown bored of Dragon age Inquisition and had nothing else to play funny how these thing happen; But through the encouragement and support of my girlfriend (who would later become my wife) and you guys/Ladies here I decided set about creating a little addon Pack for Neo's SRLE and look what had happened we have the monster and to my utter surprise quite popular SRLE Extended LOTD.

and yes changing from BethINI Ultra preset to high preset was recommend by DoubleYou.

Edited by Darth_mathias