SRLE Extended: Legacy of The Dragonborn

Crazy thought: I don't suppose we have a way of adapting Vividian ENB to use all the new shiny things included with ENB 0.319 like the new AO stuff and Rain Occlusion?

You could use it with rain occlusion, however you need the enb rain enabled, and i think some rain effects looks absolutely awful with enb rain.

The new ao needs super precise tweaking per weather or you could just 100% dark nights and  whatnot.

Also, if anyone knows how to fix a loading game ctd, (my game just crashes like that randomly when loading a save) i'd be glad to know, edit : nvm was the custom memory block.

but oh lord if I could fine the reason the bijin npcs got that neckseam xd

Edited by Monobloc

@ AyaJulia Immersive jewellery has been mentioned before it actually on my test list of mods but not got to it, I'll bump it up my to do list.

@ alphakay1488 Spice of Life used to part of the guide until it was pulled when it came back I never readded it the instruction for Darkeater Crossing are there purely for reference of those that do happen to use that mod. Also there used to be 2 different version of SRLE Extended LOTD - NPC Retextures - Conflict Resolution hence why it was called option 2. I just never renamed on the Nexus page due to laziness on my part.

@ Rogueleeder that is a question best put to Mangaclub.

@ Monoblock there is directions on how to deal with Neckseems on the Bijin Mod page. Not noticed the thing with Toccata so can't help there Only this I suggest is take the spell away from her using the MCM.

@ Elektroshock yes i was aware High Level Enemies - SIC Edition was updated but however High Level Enemies.esp is a master for AAE Patches merge now i could up date it and pass it on to SirJesto I just haven't been bothered cos it works OK as is. Could also use the older 2.7 version that used High Level Enemies - SIC Edition. However if use you use the older version you will need to cvlean undeath out cos those record aren't needed.

One last thing to everyone with the lost of aMidianBorn Imperial Forts does anyone know of suitable replacement that I can checkout before I issue the CR, MO Profile and Modwat.ch Profile update?

I was hoping to was getting updated but doesn't seem like it does it.

Edit: Since Vivid Landscape already covers Imperial Forts and quite nicely think I'll just drop aMidianBorn Imperial Forts save me the hassle of finding and testing a replacement

@ AyaJulia can i ask what did you Pick when you ran the DSR Skyrproc Patcher? I am take a loot at Immersive Jewellery.

Looks like some CRing will need to occur with USLEEP, Immersive weapons Unless there are patch out in teh wild. WARF, CRF and CCOR looks a bit off in xEdit but if i am understanding correctly that OK. I will need to tweak the NPC Retexture CR too.

so it not a quick Drop in and go. Also not sure I want the required Exchange currency mod.

And another thing to anyone else does anyone know if there is a mod that will display if a item is unique can be displayed in the museum we could really do with a SKYUI symbol or something but that is way beyond my skills to create.

Edit: Looks like Immersive jewellery also need a patch for Summermyst so with the guide at the state it is now a me leaning towards a possible SSE build still waiting for Vortex or possibility fingers crossed MO2. I think with the amount of work required I will Veto Immersive jewellery for this build.

Almost ready to start the 'merging the plugins' phase, but I have some niggling questions before I do.  A lot of them pertain to the general guideline of which kinds of files to "merge" (not a plugin merge) when installing and which not to unless told otherwise.

1) on Darth's modlist, #108 is "Even Better Quest Objectives Patches", different than #107 "Even Better Quest Objectives".  I am not sure what the colour coding and the +++, ---, etc. mean, but it seems that the ones with fewer symbols are the actual mods on the Nexus (or elsewhere), while the mods with a lot are the product of merges.  Thus, #108 "Even Better Quest Objectives Patches" seems to be a mod in and of itself, yet the SRLEELOTD guide does not mention it, and I can't find it anywhere.

2) same for #261 "Trees and Flora esps"

3) on the SRLEELOTD page, under [Advanced Adversary Encounters Patches], it says to use "Advanced Adversary Encounters Patches - 2.75" from the Nexus and then says to use one from dropbox "until SirJesto Updates his Nexus Page".  How do we know if he has updated his page yet?  Which one should I be using?

4) under [skyrim Flora Overhaul - SRLE Extended LotD], one of the main files to download is "SFO Billboards for v2.5b".  I can't see any instructions telling us to merge it, and it's a main file so it doesn't automatically get merged, but it isn't its own mod in Darth's modlist like the other main file and both of the optionals are.

5) under [Majestic Mountains], I downloaded the optional (no automatic merge) file "2. Majestic Mountains Darkside Lod Pack" but unlike the main file it is not on Darth's modlist.  Do we merge it?  Delete it?

6) under [unique Grasses and Groundcovers - Nature and Landscape Enhancement], I downloaded both of the optional files "Fall Forest Leaves Texture Replacement" and "Mindflux Grass", but they are not auto-merge files and they aren't in Darth's modlist.  What do I do with them?

7) under [High Quality LODs], I downloaded both of the Main files (High-Res Meshes, Med-Res Normals) but neither of them are in Darth's modlist.  Where do they go?

I think that's it . . . for now, anyway.

Hi Alphakay,

It may be easier for you to just go through the guide without referring to Darth's modlist until you have read through everything, and then only do it to confirm what you did was correct. Maybe I'm wrong and it is helpful overall to you, but it seems to be causing some confusion. Putting the cart before the horse, if you will.

1) These are merges, which don't appear until basically the end of the guide. I can see how that would be confusing if you hadn't previously done the merge section of the guide.

2) See above.

3) I think you are misreading that - it's not up to you or I to see if SirJesto updated his page. It is an explanatory note about why you need to install that linked version.

4) It really shouldn't matter. You can merge or rename, as long as you put the renamed mod directly after the other in the left pane of MO. Just don't "replace". Left pane priority order is like install order - it determines which files of the same name override each other. Every mod you install is in the left pane. Right pane is the load order of plugins (a specific type of file, ".esp"), which is what LOOT sorts , and what you can edit in xEdit, etc. Only some mods have plugins, some have more than one, etc.

If something is getting merged with the Merge Plugins tool (which again, you will do at the end of the guide), I usually make sure every file of a mod is installed in the same folder (i.e. "merging" the folder contents when installing) to avoid confusion. Otherwise I usually only install "Updates" in the same folder; the majority of files I install in different folders (i.e. named differently and therefore a separate entity in MO).

5) See above.

6) If it appears on the list as a mod, you need to install it in the order mentioned; these type of guides are meant to be done from top to bottom, and that includes left pane priority. Regarding merge or rename, see above.

7) See 6) regarding left pane priority. Just install every mod from the top to the bottom. For instance in my MO profile, High Quality LODs is between High Quality 3D Maps and Lightning During Thunderstorms - the same place it is in the guide.

Edit: Edited answer to 4

Edited by Nebulous112

1 & 2 - understood, was attempting to do some sleuthing based on an inference on what the +--+-+ and such meant, but it seems I was wrong.

3 - so we can assume when s/he updates his page, the moderators here will change the message; got it.

4-7  I only ask because I've been told before, even by Lexy herself, that the only ones to "merge" (overwrite) are updates or hotfixes; optional files, miscellaneous files, or other main files should not be "merged".  I am aware I'm going a little more "by the book" than is perhaps ultimately necessary, but that's because I'm just starting out and I feel it's better to err on the side of caution in this sort of scenario.  But I guess sometimes I have to let go of the ladder rung to grab the next one.  So you're saying that as far as "merging" mod archives (not actual plugin files) it's generally pretty safe?  For example, on the Seranaholic Nexus page, it tells downloaders to merge the 1.8 HR skin texture with the 1.8 main file, but in Darth's modlist they're separated - there's no good reason for him to have done that?  Or the left-pane separate mods for Unique Flowers & Plants's data files and its replacer esp file - seems to me it's be much simpler just to move the esp to the data folder and delete the esp's former folder?

If I may butt in here with some input?

This concept of "merge or not" is entirely an MO concept because of the way it handles mods. Usually with any other manager, or even if done manually, you wouldn't even think of merging because it all goes into the game's "Data" folder. Install part A and then part B goes later overriding any files that are the same. (Usually the different parts of a mod contain different files so nothing is lost.)

However when it comes to optional downloads or bugfixes the files overwritten are done so on purpose.

In MO the choice is entirely up to the user, there is essentially no difference to having 2 mods in the left-pane or just one. There is no loss of performance or an overhead to the system's resources, it's just a "management thing".

One way of looking at the order of the left-hand pane is to view it as a timeline of installed mods that you would have done manually. ie. Top to bottom == first to last installs.

Also it looks like the "The Ordinary Women - USLEEP.esp" plugin required by the [sRLE Extended LOTD - NPC Retexture Merged] plugin isn't listed anywhere in the SRLE guide - maybe add https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/79112/? somewhere in that section, and remind users to delete the esp after installing.

"The Ordinary Women - USLEEP.esp" is not a master of "SRLE Extended LOTD - NPC Retexture Merged".

That plugin is part of SRLE Extended LOTD - NPC Retexture Merged.

Edit: You can easily see the masters of a plugin in MO by hovering over the plugin in the right pane. It will show the mod the plugin is from, the author, a description and the plugin's masters.

Edit 2 3: Actually, I see what you mean. The .esp is part of the merged plugin, but we don't initially install the mod itself (which only consists of the .esp anyway).

Edited by Nebulous112