T3TForFWE Patch Step to Maintain Compatibility for RH_IronSights-FOSE

mcshame

Question

Please confirm if I am performing this correctly for the following step, this is literally like learning another language...

To maintain compatibility with RH_IronSights - FOSE use xEdit to add records to a compatibility patch that loads after this mod (this is typically done as part of an overall manually created compatibility patch that loads just before the bashed patch from Wrye Bash):

xx000ea7 MP5A4 SMG - DNAM - Flags1 - remove the Don't Use 1st Person IS Animations
xx000ea9 MP5K SMG - DNAM - Grip Animation - change back to Handgrip1 instead of DEFAULT
xx000eaa MP5SD5 SMG - DNAM - Flags1 - remove the Don't Use 1st Person IS Animations

where xx is the plugin vload index for the ZL-MP5 plugin from the Zealotlees MP5 Pack mod. (thanks to DanielCoffey for these changes)

1) Run Loot (got a xEdit error when I missed the step due to load order)

2) From MO, run xEdit, keep all plug-ins selected, click OK

3) Expand ZL-MP5 plugin, expand weapons

4) Click on AF000EA7, in right pane find DNAM ; Flags 1

5) In the column [b3] MP5ForFWE.esp, right click on "Don't Use 1st Person IS Animations" and select REMOVE

6) Click on AF000EA9, in right pane find DNAM ; Grip Animation

7) Drag HandGrip1 from Column [AF] ZL-MP5 pack.esp to column [b3] MP5ForFWE.esp, replacing DEFAULT

8) Click on AF000EAA, in right pane find DNAM ; Flags 1

9) In the column [b3] MP5ForFWE.esp, right click on "Don't Use 1st Person IS Animations" and select REMOVE

10) click on X to close xEdit, ensure MP5ForFWE.esp is selected and click OK

Did I do this right? I watch a Gopher video on xEdit but he was talking about creating a merge patch but when I did that, I couldn't find these records

I don't understand the words "to add records to a compatibility patch that loads after this mod ". After I do this, there is no patch created, I assume it's applied right to the affected esp.  That's why I believe I did this incorrectly...

Edited by mcshame

1 answer to this question

Yeah, that looks good. The wording is a bit ambiguous but you managed to figure it out. That sentence you didn't understand is meant to describe a method that the instructions are not showing, two different ways to achieve the same result.

You can make a new plugin, ie. the compatibility patch or...

You can edit the existing plugin.

Both will result in the game using the corrected values. The instructions are for editing the existing plugin.