SRLE Extended Mod Suggestions

I'm confused, does the basic version of SSR work with Ordinator?  I know the description says that it doesn't add perks but it does change some, so I always thought it still conflicted and wouldn't work with Ordinator whereas RAID would.

I think the best way to find out is to load it into TESVEdit and check yourself. Stealth Skills Rebalanced - Basic Version does change one or two of the perks, but I don't think these are heavy-handed changes and I'm not familiar with Ordinator.

Good call, thanks. I didn't realize the two mods covered the same ground, or rather that Realistic AI Detection was just a re-tread of Kryptopyr's SSR detection system (as near as I can tell from reading the descriptions, thanks for getting me to actually do that :blush: ). I was under the mistaken impression that they were approaching the problem from different ends (detection vs. skills/equipment). I had both installed, I'll drop the redundant Realistic AI Detection.

I think Realistic AI Detection is covering pretty much the same ground in terms of the AI detection portion of Stealth Skills Rebalanced. Kryptopyr has some decent detection changes so it's very difficult to get close to an NPC in broad daylight without getting caught. Event at long range, the NPCs in the area notice movement, noises, and attacks so they all come join the party and they keep hunting for a fairly long time before giving up. Sneak is significantly easier with high sneak skills, lots of sneak perks, and sneaky outfits but I still can't tap an NPC on the shoulder in the dark without getting caught. At the higher levels I have noticed the occasional Draugr eyeballs fly past me without noticing I'm standing still in the dark, but they find me every time they bump into me, get close enough to touch me, or if I'm moving while they are in close proximity.

I've had to change my tactics so I grab the first sneak outfit I can find (usually off a Dark Brotherhood assassin) and I stay away from light sources as much as possible. The first time I made the mistake of getting too close to a light source, I got pounced by two Draugr and a Draugr Deathlord. I currently have a better set of Elven armor, but I don't wear it because it's so shiny it lights up like a torch.

Just to throw it out there, I currently use the Combat Evolved Stealth module, have used SSR in the past, and can say that while not as fully-featured, it is lightweight and does increase the overall stealth difficulty in the game noticeably, and is definitely compatible with Ordinator.

I've settled on Disparity with SPO & SSR from Kryptopyr, Path of Sorcery for magic, TTRSO to fill in the corners. Animal Tweaks & Combat Evolved (Core, Damage, Magic) with Vigor and Weapons & Armor Attributes for a combat overhaul. I went a bit crazy merging mods, once I get that sorted I'll dial in a proper CR. Oh, I switched out Vividian for NLA with the ENB manager, looked great & played smooth in a quick tour of Riverwood's environs.  

What about these mods, the first one is kinda a WIP but I will definitely use this in my custom guide for sure.

Enhanced textures detail (UV-tweaks)

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/74324/?

Skyrim High Definition LODs - Dark LOD Textures

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/58818/?

I will probably use ETD instead of Skyrim Bigger Trees in my load order.  What I'll do is install ETD over SMIM and Skyrim HD LODs and then Noble Skyrim HD and some textures from Vivid Landscapes AIO over ETD.

Edited by nappilydeestruction

I will be trying out new follower LUNA https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/75832/? from a quick test she pretty powerful aimed at mid to late game. and I also haven't forggoten about Interesting NPC's still testing from my testing so far no lag in the skills menu; also Thunderchild is likely to make a reapperence soon.

I Really wish i could merge all the followers togther but with the nav meshes lass I can't

Edited by Darth_mathias
  • +1 1

I was wondering if you could take a look at a couple of mods that can help with immersion:

Take Notes: Journal of the Dragonborn https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/48375/?

Not So Fast: Main Quest https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/62894/?

"Take Notes" adds a journal to the game that you can write in at any time, which can be perfect for those who want to keep track of your character's progress. The journal is activated with a hotkey ("X" by default, but the MCM menu lets you change the key), and you can change the size, position, and opacity of the journal as much as you'd like. The journal itself has five chapters that can hold up to 127 pages except the first, which can hold up to 612 pages. Each chapter can be renamed into whatever you please depending on what you want to write down. Not only that, but you can use FISS to export journal entries into a text file that you can read outside the game. The only real issue with this mod that I can warn you of is that when typing your journal entry, pressing the hotkeys of other mods will trigger their respective actions, but other than that, it's great for roleplaying purposes.

"Not So Fast," on the other hand, is rather self-explanatory.  This mod makes it so that you're not forced into the next part of the main questline immediately after you complete the previous task. For example, when you deliver the Dragonstone to Farengar, you won't be forced to fight your first dragon right away. Instead, you'll be allowed to wait a few days until you get a little message that basically tells you to check in on Farengar, and THEN you'll have to fight the dragon. The quest is then allowed to slow down, allowing the player to do as they please for a bit, be it side-quests or just explore the land. The pauses are fully customizable, and you can change other things like the reward Jarl Balgruuf gives you and even the option to skip the stupid discussion involving the civil war completely, because who really enjoyed that part anyway? There is also a similar mod that alters the College questline, because how could a rookie mage become the Archmage is less than a week?!

Anyway, I hope you look into these mods, because I was wondering if they would be compatible with the project as a whole.

I will be trying out new follower LUNA https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/75832/? from a quick test she pretty powerful aimed at mid to late game. and I also haven't forggoten about Interesting NPC's still testing from my testing so far no lag in the skills menu; also Thunderchild is likely to make a reapperence soon.

I Really wish i could merge all the followers togther but with the nav meshes lass I can't

LUNA, wow what an attractive follower. Hopefully she works out. I wish I could make a character that looked that good.

Speaking of new merges, have you considered merging the NPC retexture mods? In my load I did the following merge and it seems to be working out OK.

Plugins[0]: MatureSkinComplexions.esp
Plugins[1]: NPC_Overhaul_V_3_.esp
Plugins[2]: Males of Skyrim.esp
Plugins[3]: The Companions by Mizzog - AIO - Mizz Ed.esp
Plugins[4]: The Ordinary Women.esp
Plugins[5]: BijinAIO-2016_3.1.esp
Plugins[6]: Serana.esp
Plugins[7]: Valerica.esp
Plugins[8]: MyWarmaidens.esp

I was wondering if you could take a look at a couple of mods that can help with immersion:

Take Notes: Journal of the Dragonborn https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/48375/?

This has my interest. 

LUNA, wow what an attractive follower. Hopefully she works out. I wish I could make a character that looked that good.

Speaking of new merges, have you considered merging the NPC retexture mods? In my load I did the following merge and it seems to be working out OK.

Plugins[0]: MatureSkinComplexions.esp
Plugins[1]: NPC_Overhaul_V_3_.esp
Plugins[2]: Males of Skyrim.esp
Plugins[3]: The Companions by Mizzog - AIO - Mizz Ed.esp
Plugins[4]: The Ordinary Women.esp
Plugins[5]: BijinAIO-2016_3.1.esp
Plugins[6]: Serana.esp
Plugins[7]: Valerica.esp
Plugins[8]: MyWarmaidens.esp

I have not throught abou that sort of merge I guess it could work if you get the LO right. It would mean I'd have make a huge update to the CR Sub guide. The CR its should be fairly simple just change the name in the file header.

I wouldn't add MatureSkinComplexions.esp as that required by SR Conflcit resolution but i will test out the others. I Also take it use didn't use Merge plugins Standalone? cos of facegen getting screwed.

Also for this merge did you use the orginal esp or the replacemnt ones from Endgame overhaul?

LUNA is actaully great fun quite powerful. she is a hottie (Even lexy said so). would have to use the non-HDT Hair cos when tried out the HDT hair version the hair went all funny.

Anyway, I hope you look into these mods, because I was wondering if they would be compatible with the project as a whole.

I can't see why Take Notes: Journal of the Dragonborn would be incompatible. I will take a look at NSFMQ could have some issues.

Edited by Darth_mathias

Not to sound like a party pooper, but you guys do realize we have 643 mods in the game  list right. at some point

"Take Notes" adds a journal to the game that you can write in at any time, which can be perfect for those who want to keep track of your character's progress. The journal is activated with a hotkey ("X" by default, but the MCM menu lets you change the key), and you can change the size, position, and opacity of the journal as much as you'd like. The journal itself has five chapters that can hold up to 127 pages except the first, which can hold up to 612 pages. Each chapter can be renamed into whatever you please depending on what you want to write down. Not only that, but you can use FISS to export journal entries into a text file that you can read outside the game. The only real issue with this mod that I can warn you of is that when typing your journal entry, pressing the hotkeys of other mods will trigger their respective actions, but other than that, it's great for roleplaying purposes.

"Not So Fast," on the other hand, is rather self-explanatory.  This mod makes it so that you're not forced into the next part of the main questline immediately after you complete the previous task. For example, when you deliver the Dragonstone to Farengar, you won't be forced to fight your first dragon right away. Instead, you'll be allowed to wait a few days until you get a little message that basically tells you to check in on Farengar, and THEN you'll have to fight the dragon. The quest is then allowed to slow down, allowing the player to do as they please for a bit, be it side-quests or just explore the land. The pauses are fully customizable, and you can change other things like the reward Jarl Balgruuf gives you and even the option to skip the stupid discussion involving the civil war completely, because who really enjoyed that part anyway? There is also a similar mod that alters the College questline, because how could a rookie mage become the Archmage is less than a week?!

Not to be a party pooper but we have 642 mods in our playlist now depending how we merged them together (Patches, updates, ect.) while installing. There has got to be a stopping point somewhere. Sometimes less is better. And the guide has been awesome since awhile ago

Edited by Razorsedge877

Not to sound like a party pooper, but you guys do realize we have 643 mods in the game  list right. at some point

Not to be a party pooper but we have 642 mods in our playlist now depending how we merged them together (Patches, updates, ect.) while installing. There has got to be a stopping point somewhere. Sometimes less is better. And the guide has been awesome since awhile ago

I am actaully hopeing Neo will add Not So Fast: Main Quest this mod not a major proitity.