Menu not starting after merge

Hey I was needing some help on merging Millenia's Additional Weapons. When i load the weapons without merging everything starts just fine, but if i merge them all or even partially together the menu won't load at all. I can post load orders or anything at all if it helps.

Hey I was needing some help on merging Millenia's Additional Weapons. When i load the weapons without merging everything starts just fine, but if i merge them all or even partially together the menu won't load at all. I can post load orders or anything at all if it helps.

I don't know exactly the reason, but yeah... when some record is getting merged it may result in ILS. I fix such problems by trying to merge them in parts and see which exactly esp shouldn't be merged...

Also I highly recommend checking mods for errors before merging. Don't merge anything that is reporting errors. I know that some "errors" are not exactly errors and will be merged fine, while others may fail to properly merge and you will end up with corrupted esp.

P.S. Better to use new standalone merge tool. It's much easier and much safer. Check this guide (for Skyrim but part about merging applies to FNV just fine) https://wiki.step-project.com/User:Neovalen/Skyrim_Revisited_-_Legendary_Edition

Edited by raycrios

Yep, just to back this up so it's not a single error report, merging the Millenia additional weapons exactly as described in the guide results in an ILS at the main menu. The game runs fine without them being merged and none have any errors (though of course this puts you over the .esp limit.)

I'm going to try merging them with the new standalone tool later to see if that makes any difference, and if not I'll try doing them in batches to see if I can pin down which one(s?) cause the problem.

EDIT: Can confirm, merging with the standalone tool works fine where the FNVEdit plugin results in an ILS at launch. Thanks for the heads up raycrios!

Edited by Kal