SRLE Extended

I didn't realise that the Scarcity addons became part of the bashed patch. How many others disappear? Is it just the lvl_list ones or is there anything else?

On my setup there is 10 plugins that gets merged into the bashed patch. Basically any mod that is just leveled list will be merged into the bashed patch by Wrye Bash.

Hi guys,

I have a couple of questions regarding SkyTEST. I was always using Animal Tweaks but in view of the recent developments of SkyTEST I decided to give it a spin ditching AT.

1. Why are u using the "No extra spawns" optional from SkyTEST Integration project? Have u noticed any clipping or wired behavior with some of the new spawns when combined with other mods? For example EL, Arthmoor's villages or perhaps ETaC? Or any occurring CTD that is attributed to these extra spawns? For sure I do not like the rats but some of the farm animals added look, in theory, quite interesting.

2. Why you are not using the DG and DB optionals from the main's mod page? I agree that they are dated back to 2013, but apart from the fact that the DB one needs cleaning (17 ITM) and a couple of records that need editing for USLEEP compatibility, I did not find any other oddities. Quite simple implementations actually to cover some of the DLCs animals.

3. Has anyone tried SkyTEST-Harder Creatures that is compatible and complements the main SkyTEST mod? Needs USLEEP compatibility though...

Thanks!

So I've finally finished installing srle extended and it looks gorgeous ! I also uninstalled SFO, just like you did, but i do find that the grass is lacking in details. Have you tried the grass plugin from enhanced landscapes ? And what is your imingrasssize set to ?

Thanks !

Hi guys,

I have a couple of questions regarding SkyTEST. I was always using Animal Tweaks but in view of the recent developments of SkyTEST I decided to give it a spin ditching AT.

1. Why are u using the "No extra spawns" optional from SkyTEST Integration project? Have u noticed any clipping or wired behavior with some of the new spawns when combined with other mods? For example EL, Arthmoor's villages or perhaps ETaC? Or any occurring CTD that is attributed to these extra spawns? For sure I do not like the rats but some of the farm animals added look, in theory, quite interesting.

2. Why you are not using the DG and DB optionals from the main's mod page? I agree that they are dated back to 2013, but apart from the fact that the DB one needs cleaning (17 ITM) and a couple of records that need editing for USLEEP compatibility, I did not find any other oddities. Quite simple implementations actually to cover some of the DLCs animals.

3. Has anyone tried SkyTEST-Harder Creatures that is compatible and complements the main SkyTEST mod? Needs USLEEP compatibility though...

Thanks!

1. the no extra spawns was recommended some time ago for 1.38 but when it was updated I just stuck with it.

2. I didn't realise until recently there was a DG and DB optional and I have not as yet got around to looking at them.

3. I have never SkyTEST Harder Creatures cos we had but with the loss animal tweaks I will take a look at this.

So I've finally finished installing srle extended and it looks gorgeous ! I also uninstalled SFO, just like you did, but i do find that the grass is lacking in details. Have you tried the grass plugin from enhanced landscapes ? And what is your imingrasssize set to ?

Thanks !

when i try the grass pluns from EL i found them too heavy hitting for my liking.

as for imingrasssize I have set mine to 50.

Thanks !

Verdant is pretty nice with the authors recommended settings. Not much of a hit either. I compliment this with Unique Flowers and Plants.

My iMinGrassSize is 70.

Edited by Alluistras

Do you guys think the mod "Pc Head Tracking and Voice" is safe to use ? https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/72039/? It looks really interesting, as I'm playing a lot in 3d person.

As for Immersive Music, I tried it but it really the audio is BADLY and I mean BADLY mixed. As for Fantasy Sound Project, I used to use it on my last build, and really liked the music. However the whole build wasn't super stable and I've read on the mod page that it has CTD issues.

Thanks for the Verdant tip ! Do I need to DynDOLOD after installing it ?

Verdant is pretty nice with the authors recommended settings. Not much of a hit either. I compliment this with Unique Flowers and Plants.

My iMinGrassSize is 70.

I must admit have not tried Verdant in a long time the last time I tried i still had my GTX670 it he was quite a heavy hitter however i have a GTX980Ti now so things will likely have changed I will take a look when i get home.

As for Immersive Music, I tried it but it really the audio is BADLY and I mean BADLY mixed.

I agree that's the main reason I don't use it.

Well, I found out I merged CCO with my weapons merge yesterday, late in the night... All good. :) As for Verdant, I've tried it on my setup : going from a heavy grass area, I go from 47 fps to 42 (with imingrassize=90). The mod does look cool though, so I don't really know if I'm gonna keep it or not :(.

I agree that the extra spawns would make the farm areas more interesting.

If I'm not mistaken the "No extra spawns" optional was used because of what you mention on post #765

Well, the reported crashes in HF built-able house areas (especially Lake View) are a fact and I was thinking that this maybe due to SkyTEST adding extra spawns to these areas.

That doesn't seem to be an issue after update to Version 1.41. The author of SkyTEST states in part:

Mod completely re-done from scratch.

Keep the spawn points of animals to a minimum to avoid conflicts and CTDs.

So I'm assuming we could remove SkyTEST No Extra Spawns from the guide

Darth,

What's your setting for:

iMaxGrassTypesPerTexure

I agree that the extra spawns would make the farm areas more interesting.

If I'm not mistaken the "No extra spawns" optional was used because of what you mention on post #765

Well, the reported crashes in HF built-able house areas (especially Lake View) are a fact and I was thinking that this maybe due to SkyTEST adding extra spawns to these areas.

That doesn't seem to be an issue after update to Version 1.41. The author of SkyTEST states in part:

Mod completely re-done from scratch.

Keep the spawn points of animals to a minimum to avoid conflicts and CTDs.

So I'm assuming we could remove SkyTEST No Extra Spawns from the guide

Thanks edynacio.

I know about that old post since...well...I made it!  ::D:

Back then the version of SkyTEST was 1.38 and this was a version that I really want to forget from the little testing I have made.

My today's questions were more like why you guys still use "no extra spawns" etc since 1.46 looks like a fairly stable version.

I should have made it clearer. Apologies for that!

Thanks edynacio.

I know about that old post since...well...I made it!  ::D:

Back then the version of SkyTEST was 1.38 and this was a version that I really want to forget from the little testing I have made.

My today's questions were more like why you guys still use "no extra spawns" etc since 1.46 looks like a fairly stable version.

I should have made it clearer. Apologies for that!

boils down to the fact I have been to lazy to change it lol.