SRLE Extended

I figured I would throw this out there but already the possible answer BUT (Everything before the word "but" is always BS;), I wish you would keep your merges with in their category. ex Clutter & Misc. Merged, Landscape and Environments Merged, ect. ect. I know the goal is to have fewer esps but, this will only add two or three more esps. this just keeps things more organized and easier to upkeep.

I figured I would throw this out there but already the possible answer BUT (Everything before the word "but" is always BS;), I wish you would keep your merges with in their category. ex Clutter & Misc. Merged, Landscape and Environments Merged, ect. ect. I know the goal is to have fewer esps but, this will only add two or three more esps. this just keeps things more organized and easier to upkeep.

I have actually been thinking about a Clutter & Misc merge as there are mods in the landscape and enviroment merge that really don't belong there now. I have always had the view that a merge is only worth it if it merges 3 or more mods.

Edit These are the esps I have been thinking about for a new Clutter and Misc Merge:

Blowing in the Wind.esp

HoldBorderBanners.esp

Long lost smelters by Hyralux.esp

SpiceOfLife - Barrels.esp

Edited by Darth_mathias

aren't those already in a merge?

I really don't understand this obsession with keeping mods in the same category. You can always move your mods (to be merged) one near the other and in the merge order. This way when you enable them one by one the esps will be in the merge order and you wont have to move them around again when you redo a merge. 

Making a new merge just so that it's in this or that category is just extra work in my opinion and with absolutely no gain and if this merge you already made works like a charm why bother to redo two of them?

Edited by paul666root
  • +1 2

I agree with paul.  To me clutter and landscape go quite well together and there's no need to separate them.  The whole point of a merge is to reduce esps so taking one apart just because doesn't make sense to me.  As long as they merge together I don't see the problem.

• +1 1

I only say this because this is an extension of Neos guide. Darth is putting a product out there for old and new users alike. It would just be an easier to keep the two guide updated, Make it flow better for new users, Possibly Make options for other new merges, and it would only need done once. You know a learn as you go thing and maybe make it flow smoother. Who knows maybe Neo will adopt them into Base SRLE if they make sense to him. I figured I would get push back from the community but like I said just throwing it out there for Darth. And if you call pushing a few buttons work than you don't know what real work is :)

I only say this because this is an extension of Neos guide. Darth is putting a product out there for old and new users alike. It would just be an easier to keep the two guide updated, Make it flow better for new users, Possibly Make options for other new merges, and it would only need done once. You know a learn as you go thing and maybe make it flow smoother. Who knows maybe Neo will adopt them into Base SRLE if they make sense to him. I figured I would get push back from the community but like I said just throwing it out there for Darth. And if you call pushing a few buttons work than you don't know what real work is :)

Work is work be it little/grand/easy/hard or whatever you prefer to call "real" in this life.

I just pointed my opinion just as you did and it's not up to me to make this decision anyway.

I'm going to say this only once play nicely boys. As Darth says a Clutter and Misc Merge is on his mind as it is mine it just I don't think it is needed at the moment in time. If the Clutter section grows to encompass more mods that the aren't really "environment realated" then it will be considered. We always do listen to the feedback from the  community as it is ion the end you guys that are still driving this little project of ours.

I'm going to say this only once play nicely boys. As Darth says a Clutter and Misc Merge is on his mind as it is mine it just I don't think it is needed at the moment in time. If the Clutter section grows to encompass more mods that the aren't really "environment realated" then it will be considered. We always do listen to the feedback from the  community as it is ion the end you guys that are still driving this little project of ours.

Just having fun. Yes you are right. It is a gift. Sorry for my wording. Everyone here values the STEP guides. Its amazing how long this has been going on and doesn't seam to be dying.

Edited by Razorsedge877

So I'm going through everything with a fine tooth comb. One small irregularity. In Crash Fixes the latest version is 10 but the guide says to install 9. Which should I go for? Also going forward should I always pick the latest version unless spefically mention not to?

Since we're discussing the landscape/clutter merge, here's how mine is set up:

ashrocks.esp
BentPines_for_SFO2.0
blessings - altar descriptions.esp
dawnguardruneweaponsfxsreplacer.esp
dD - Realistic Ragdoll Force - Realistic.esp
dd-No Spinning Death Animations.esp
DragonShoutVoice.esp
DungeonQuestAwareness.esp
elizabeth's tower - azura shrine.esp
EnhancedWetnessandPuddles.esp
fFastTravelSpeedMult_4.esp
Gildergreen Regrown.esp
high hrothgar overhaul.esp
HoldBorderBanners.esp
Lock Overhaul.esp
moonglow.esp
moss rocks - Legendary.esp
No Skill Limit.esp
ORM-Arvak
pilgrims delight.esp
Pumping Iron.esp
RUSTIC SOULGEMS - Unsorted.esp
sulferrocks.esp
TESGLoadingScreens
UnreadBooksGlow.esp

Assuming the merge is after xp32, the skeletons need to be removed from the merge folder.  The esp needs to be placed before DCO.
It's the first time I've used the spoiler so I hope it works right.