SRLE Extended

Yeah, I downloaded it all last night.  I'm just trying to figure out what needs to come out or where it all needs to go in the load order in relation to (presumably) Enhanced Landscapes which does trees, and SBT.  Any suggestions?

I'm going to let SFO go, I was using only its trees anyway. Using Verdant for grass. Going to test this without SBT, but with Enhanced Landscapes. I'll let you know how I like it. Probably tomorrow.

you can add Wonders of weather as well.

I wouldn't update Skytest just yet I would wait for the patches from Animal tweaks and NARC to be updated as well thats what I am planning to do.

as SkyTest has been completly rebuild from scratch.

and by the looks of it CACO may need a small patch  as this mod adds ingestibles it's quite a big update. I am also hoping SkyTest integation project gets updated too.

Thanks Darth, I'll hang fire.  I did look at the Integration project to see if they were on the ball. And thanks for the Wonders of Weather tip.  I think I'll end up with around 30 mods in the Landscape Environment and Clutter merge :p

With a load list like that Dunc, I wouldn't worry about updates. Play the game with what you have, finish it and then if you want to play again do your updates.

Otherwise you'll get stuck in Whiterun, never get any further and be forever restarting. We've all been there, haven't we guys and girls? (anyone who says no is a liar, BTW. :D)

totally I have not been able to get past level 5 for months because I keep updating and changing things.

i haven't even got to play past level 1 in the last two months  :lol:  :lol:

I seem to always be between playthroughs, never actually getting through anything. :P

Haha, that's funny guys!  I guess it's one of those things - actually managing to build and maintain a massively modded Skyrim becomes almost a game in itself and you get as much enjoyment out of doing all this as you do out of the game.  When I set out on this I was adamant I wouldn't let this be the case and the end goal was actually an awesome playthrough.  Lines have become somewhat blurred over the past couple of months!  However my 14 year old son is badgering me to get a move on so he can actually play the game so I need to get my finger out.

A quick question regarding ENB: My son loves to play as a Khajit and uses Night Eye a lot - do I need to use https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/50731/? ?  I'm using Gopher's Predator Vision as well.

I'm going to let SFO go, I was using only its trees anyway. Using Verdant for grass. Going to test this without SBT, but with Enhanced Landscapes. I'll let you know how I like it. Probably tomorrow.

Thanks. I dropped SFO as per the SRLEX guide anyway.  How does Verdant fare in terms of fps drop out of interest?  I wasn't planning on adding a grass mod and just going with Enhanced Landscapes but if it's not too serious I may take a look.

A quick question regarding ENB: My son loves to play as a Khajit and uses Night Eye a lot - do I need to use https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/50731/? ?  I'm using Gopher's Predator Vision as well.

I ONLY play Khajiit. I looked and looked for ways to get night eye to work well with Vividian. No matter what I did, I couldn't get it to look good OR be useful to see in the dark. I don't want to carry a torch, or wear and lantern. Personal preference. If I'm playing a cat, I should be able to see with my own eyes. In the end I had to swap ENBs, and it seems very few people who make ENB presets want to bother to make sure Night Eye effects look good. With Vividian it was so bad, it was easier to see without the night eye on. There is a way to rig it so when you turn on Predator Vision the ENB turns off at the same time, but I got tired of my dungeons looking bad. So using VW tutorial, I was able to make Phinix ENB compatible. It seemed to work, though I didn't get far in my using of it before I decided to quit my playthrough and start over... that endless thing. I didn't see any noticeable oddities. My game looked good and I could be a real cat! ;) Currently looking at Tetrachromatic ENB and NLVA and dropping ELFX (because the flickering of the fire smoke bothers me too much, and I don't know how to fix it), using the full version of Relighting Skyrim and Lanterns of Skyrim. We'll see how it goes when I finally get to playing. I'm off work tomorrow, so I'm going to do some testing.

As far as Verdant, I didn't see a noticeable drop with their recommended ini settings.

Edited by Alluistras

...using VW tutorial, I was able to make Phinix ENB compatible. 

Care to share your modded Phinix?  I quite like the way it looks in general and if it means I don't have to faff about with the ENB Night Vision mod (and it's associated esp!) I'd be a happy man.  Actually what I'd really like to do is adapt Rudy ENB to work with Vivid Weathers but I'm not sure if it's achievable - don't suppose you've looked into it at all?

I'll be interested to hear your views tomorrow on the trees and flora stuff too.

Edited by dunc001

Care to share your modded Phinix?  I quite like the way it looks in general and if it means I don't have to faff about with the ENB Night Vision mod (and it's associated esp!) I'd be a happy man.  Actually what I'd really like to do is adapt Rudy ENB to work with Vivid Weathers but I'm not sure if it's achievable - don't suppose you've looked into it at all?

I'll be interested to hear your views tomorrow on the trees and flora stuff too.

I haven't looked at Ruby. Should not be hard to make it compatible with VW. Tutorial: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/articles/50748/?. It was pretty easy to do Phinix.

I don't mind sharing. I'll get it sorted tomorrow, and figure out where to upload it. Too tired to think tonight. :)

I haven't looked at Ruby. Should not be hard to make it compatible with VW. Tutorial: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/articles/50748/?. It was pretty easy to do Phinix.

I don't mind sharing. I'll get it sorted tomorrow, and figure out where to upload it. Too tired to think tonight. :)

I've just downloaded Rudy and run through that guide whilst having a quick coffee break (perks of being the boss!).  Seemed pretty straightforward - there was only one change in the ini other than in the TIMEOFDAY section.  There's already a lot in Rudy in terms of weather so I'm hoping it won't clash.  I might try it on my working SRLEX setup if I can figure out how to install a second ENB and switch using the ENB switcher!

Yeah, I downloaded it all last night.  I'm just trying to figure out what needs to come out or where it all needs to go in the load order in relation to (presumably) Enhanced Landscapes which does trees, and SBT.  Any suggestions?

this has been on my radar ever since i first spotted it but i'll guess i will push it up my list.

Edit ok had a quick look the Basic version will work better with SBT the Lush version i think is too much (but that just me).

As of yet I am not 100% conveniced by adding this mod. I do however think this might work well with SRLE Base so I say bump it to Neo a see what he thinks.

if you want to have a look suggest position is between Whisting Mine and Landscape Environment and Clutter Merged - SRLE Extended

Edited by Darth_mathias

this has been on my radar ever since i first spotted it but i'll guess i will push it up my list.

Edit ok had a quick look the Basic version will work better with SBT the Lush version i think is too much (but that just me).

As of yet I am not 100% conveniced by adding this mod. I do however think this might work well with SRLE Base so I say bump it to Neo a see what he thinks.

if you want to have a look suggest position is between Whisting Mine and Landscape Environment and Clutter Merged - SRLE Extended

Or drop SBT and go with his Large Lush Custom Trees version?  In his forum posts he is endorsing using his EVT with TreesHD (which we already have).  In this instance TreesHD would need to be directly below EVT in the left pane.

76086-0-1465091079.gif76086-1-1465092377.jpg

Edited by dunc001

Or drop SBT and go with his Large Lush Custom Trees version?  In his forum posts he is endorsing using his EVT with TreesHD (which we already have).  In this instance TreesHD would need to be directly below EVT in the left pane.

76086-0-1465091079.gif76086-1-1465092377.jpg

yes that i also an option a actually may be a better one for Enhanced Landscapes.

yes that i also an option a actually may be a better one for Enhanced Landscapes.

Using his custom meshes and textures means that TreesHD only overwrites stuff for tree clutter, even if you use the EVT HQ clutter option.  I'm going to go the whole hog with Large Lush Custom, HQ clutter, RAT and parallax.  And remove the original RAT and SBT stuff.

Using his custom meshes and textures means that TreesHD only overwrites stuff for tree clutter, even if you use the EVT HQ clutter option.  I'm going to go the whole hog with Large Lush Custom, HQ clutter, RAT and parallax.  And remove the original RAT and SBT stuff.

don't forget that RAT is provided by Enhanced Landscapes (If you've installed that) and not the orginal mod.

the problem for me with that is overwrites from Arthmoor villages I will have to double check this later.

Edited by Darth_mathias

don't forget that RAT is provided by Enhanced Landscapes (If you've installed that) and not the orginal mod.

the problem for me with that is overwrites from Arthmoor villages I will have to double check this later.

What overwrites Arthmoor villages? EL?  Doesn't bother me because I've removed all but two of them and replaced them with ETaC and some other new settlements from REGS.  I'm thinking EL>EVT>TreesHD load order and see how it looks...