Finished F&LNV - Crash on Start - Switch MO to Default - Still Crash - Run fnv4gb.exe - everythong okay

j9ac9k

Question

It's getting a bit late, and I'm getting tired, so instead of going in circles I decided to post here and call it a night and hopefully by tomorrow, someone will have some suggestions for me to try.

I went through the Fear and Loathing guide (all the way through!) and when I tried to launch New Vegas, it would crash on startup.  Instead of checking the bazillion mods I installed for god-knows-what, I switched to the Default profile in Mod-Organizer, and again, new Vegas crashed on startup.

However, if I ran fnv4gb.exe directly, new vegas fired right up.

I have my eye on enboost, but honestly, I'm so much of a noob I don't even know what could be wrong, so I'm hoping that someone here can give me some suggestions, or if anything; things to troubleshoot.

Only option I'm passing through to FNV4GB is: -laaexe .\FalloutMO.exe 

Suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!

6 answers to this question

Listen kids, don't stay up past your bedtime trying to troubleshoot something, it's likely something really stupid, and you would have noticed it in a split second if you weren't so sleepy/tired/grumpy.

Turns out in the archives tab of Mod Organizer, I had all the BSAs under /data unchecked.  I checked them all, and Fallout NV fired right up *facepalm*.

I'm not getting any indication that enboost is functional right now, so now I move onto troubleshooting that. 

What version of MO do you have installed?

My "Arguments" line for the FNV4GB executable is a little different: "-laaexe .\FalloutnvMO.exe".

Thanks for replying.

I'm running the current version of Mod Organizer, 1.3.11.  I'll edit the arguments a little bit and try again.

While digging around the forums here, I noticed that there are some log files generated that may be of assistance.  I'll look at those when I get home and post them if I still can't figure out what's going on.

EDIT: In my Fallout data directory, I have a both FalloutMO.exe and a FalloutnvMO.exe file, both seem to have the same date modified time.

Edited by j9ac9k

That was actually my next assumption - something not set right in that tab...  Usually the two common issues with FNV and MO causing startup crashes: 1. old version of MO that can't load high amounts of BSAs, or 2. plugins in the Archives tab not checked

EDIT: I do know that if the "Arguments" in FNV4GB aren't correct it won't load the ENB files.  Also, did you place them in the correct directory?  The ENB files should be in the game's base directory, not MO's directory or the Data directory.

• +1 1

That was actually my next assumption - something not set right in that tab...  Usually the two common issues with FNV and MO causing startup crashes: 1. old version of MO that can't load high amounts of BSAs, or 2. plugins in the Archives tab not checked

EDIT: I do know that if the "Arguments" in FNV4GB aren't correct it won't load the ENB files.  Also, did you place them in the correct directory?  The ENB files should be in the game's base directory, not MO's directory or the Data directory.

Files are in the correct place:

Here are my arguments to the fnv4gb.exe file:

-laaexe .\FalloutnvMO.exe -extradll xinput1_3.dll

(the second one I got from the nexus page for adding controller support, I'm using a xbox 360 controller although I suppose it may not be needed).

EDIT:  Using the injector method for ENBoost worked (although I did have to have steam verify game cache, so now I get to re-clean the DLC :) ).

Edited by j9ac9k