W3R: The Wild Hunt Revisited (Witcher 3)

Neovalen

Greetings Neovalen,

awesome to see you making the Revisited guide for The Witcher 3. The Skyrim one was amazing.

So, I followed your guide to the letter and when I went into the game, the graphics were like the picture attached. Seems something happened to the textures or something?

Any guideline would be appreciated.

Thanks.

post-809-0-02681700-1547669039_thumb.jpg

Edited by SkulldozeR

OK I found the cause. You have a line in the user.settings edits:

TextureMemoryBudget=half your memory GPU,

when I set that to 4096  (I have 8192 total VRAM) the texture quality setting in video->graphics becomes LOW for some reason. I just left it default at 800...

Edited by SkulldozeR

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Bonjour Monsieur Neo,

Hope life is treating you well.  If I recall, years back, family life was getting really busy for you!

What do you think the chances are you would freshen up this guide, for old times sake ;).  Maybe on the Nexus guide pages before the guide is down due to the STEP upgrade? 

Be a shame for this guide to go the way of the dodo.  I still miss your original Skyrim guide, the one that started Lexy's madness!

Cheers

• 5 months later...

Should we stick with Ghost Mode 2.7.1 or can we use the 3.0 version?

I used the latest one. Bear in mind that you need Community Patch - Base and Community Patch - Shared Imports for it to work. The former replaced Unification Patch (I just installed one on top of the other). Also, there is a Shared Imports specific version of Smart Magic Lamp, so make sure to use that one instead of the one that Neo's guide suggests. 

@Skulldozer - thanks for the info! I came across the same issue. Some quick testing and I settled for 3072 value. The game seemed to accept that just fine.

• 3 weeks later...

Given the enormous surge in popularity enjoyed by the Witcher franchise after the recent Netflix show, I too would like to start a New Game+ of Wild Hunt at some point during this year.

It would be brilliant if Neovalen or some other experienced member of this thread could provide those less knowledgeable - like myself - with an update to the guide, since there have been some new mods released in the interim (such as the Community Patches replacing the Unification Patch, for instance).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...