Hanging on start up.

SpectralSphinx

Question

So I just finished following the guide and tried to start up FNV. Almost immediately after I start it up it hangs. It usually gets to about 180mb of ram usage and just stops responding. I've installed everything except for the alternate start and tutorial killer mods, and I'm pretty sure I've followed everything in the guide, though obviously i missed something.

I tried running it after the interface mods were installed like it suggested and everything was working then so if its a problem mod is one of the ones after that.

I'm running windows 10 if that matters. I can put the load order on here if that will help. Though if anyone knows an easy way to do that please let me know. I dont trust the accuracy of me typing everything out.

Thanks in advance for any help. I really want to start playing this game.

I created an identical post in the non support forum before I saw the support forum, sorry. The post is here.

5 answers to this question

You can disable the mods up to the point it worked, your UI mods, and see if it works. If it works start enabling mods in small blocks of say four and run the game. If it misbehaves then it is a matter of figuring out which one of the mods in the latest block is giving you the problem.

Thanks for the reply. So I tried doing what you said and it turns out it doesnt work there anymore. It hangs like it does after all of them are enabled.

After more testing around, I've found that for some reason I can't run FNV through MO anymore. I've tried turning off all the mods and it still hangs after a few seconds.

I can run it directly from the file system though so it has to be MO screwing it up somehow. I just have no idea what could've happened considering it worked for me before.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Edited by SpectralSphinx

Thanks for the reply. So I tried doing what you said and it turns out it doesnt work there anymore. It hangs like it does after all of them are enabled.

After more testing around, I've found that for some reason I can't run FNV through MO anymore. I've tried turning off all the mods and it still hangs after a few seconds.

I can run it directly from the file system though so it has to be MO screwing it up somehow. I just have no idea what could've happened considering it worked for me before.

Software doesn't just decide to not work if it was working previously, you must have changed something on your system that has made this situation.

Figure out what it is that has changed and either revert it or let us know what you did and we'll see if we can step you through a fix.

Running the game from outside MO uses the configuration files from My Games\falloutnv folder. When run from MO the files in the current profile are used.

Since you can run the game external to MO, create a new profile so MO can copy those files to a new profile. Do not enable any mods. Go into the MO logs directory and delete any log there. Run the game from the new profile and if the same problem happens, post the contents of the newly created log files in a spoiler or to some other place so we can take a look at them.

Well I ended up deleting everything and starting from scratch. I reinstalled everything making sure it worked periodically and now I have everything installed and it looks like it works. I actually think it was problems with using the wrapper version of enb versus the injector version. I'm not sure what it was and i think theres an issue with the body textures, but it "works" now XD. Thanks for the help!