Two Part Question concerncing ADAM and ENB

So I have done everything and it's working great, although originally at first I skipped the ENB portion because I wasn't planning on doing it. However I'd like to try it now and am running into some problems. I did everything according to the instructions (had to create an "exes" folder, where I dropped the d3d9.dll as instructed). However when I launch the game with the 4gb loader exe from mod organizer, it doesn't load the wrapper .dll. I'm not sure but I have a feeling it has something to do with the exes folder either not having the proper files (like maybe FOnv.exe needs to be in there as well?) or perhaps I don't have the proper tags on the 4gb loader in mod organizer.

Anyway, some kind of short breakdown would be rad.

The Other question I had is concerning the ADAM mod and mods that depend on it. Right now I'm having an issue in steam where for whatever reason, it's only downloading the mercenary pack dll, and ADAM requires all 4 of the courier stash DLC. Which I own. Steam says "Courier's Stash DLC" with a little check mark next to it, but ingame the installed DLC main menu only lists mercenary pack, and in the data folder thats the only one that is getting downloaded.

so since I'm not sure how to get around that, I was wondering if theres a way to edit the ADAM mod itself to simply not need those ESPs or use them as masters.

thanks!

No, you need an .exe file in the exes folder as well. However, when I've used ENB with the 4GB loader in FNV I've never had to use the exe folder. 

Try just simply putting the .dll file in with all the other ENB folders in the New Vegas directory.

With ADAM, don't download it from Steam. Use the link for it in the Guide.

Edited by Nozzer66

Yeah, just did that. still nothing. I have to believe theres a conflict between 4gb nv and the wrapper dll somewhere. it's just not working.

Theres not some switch or something i missed in an INI that tells it to load right? You just drop the dll and the files into the folder and it'll run whenever you run the game?

No, you need an .exe file in the exes folder as well. However, when I've used ENB with the 4GB loader in FNV I've never had to use the exe folder. 

Try just simply putting the .dll file in with all the other ENB folders in the New Vegas directory.

With ADAM, don't download it from Steam. Use the link for it in the Guide.

I actually would like to pile on with questions on both pieces.

1.  I downloaded the ADAM installer.  When I launch the fomod it shows me the screen with the options but the bubbles to select the options are non working.  If I push the install through it seems to just install everything.  Would it be possible to find out which ESP's and textures I should have and which ones I should not for this step?  Or how I can get the fomod installer to function properly?

2.  I have the same issue with ENB as duncandun .  No matter what I do, ENB does not start.  If I install wrapper and put the dll in the root folder or the exes folder it does not start. (No ENB listed in upper left)  If I install injector and modify the injector.ini file with the fnv4gb and FalloutMO exes and run the injector module before starting, also no go.  If I run the injector and fallout launcher outside of MO, no go.  I have watched numerous videos and read posts galore, is there something I am missing here?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I actually would like to pile on with questions on both pieces.

1.  I downloaded the ADAM installer.  When I launch the fomod it shows me the screen with the options but the bubbles to select the options are non working.  If I push the install through it seems to just install everything.  Would it be possible to find out which ESP's and textures I should have and which ones I should not for this step?  Or how I can get the fomod installer to function properly?

2.  I have the same issue with ENB as duncandun .  No matter what I do, ENB does not start.  If I install wrapper and put the dll in the root folder or the exes folder it does not start. (No ENB listed in upper left)  If I install injector and modify the injector.ini file with the fnv4gb and FalloutMO exes and run the injector module before starting, also no go.  If I run the injector and fallout launcher outside of MO, no go.  I have watched numerous videos and read posts galore, is there something I am missing here?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

If you are running MO 1.3.x then for whatever reason, the ADAM installer will only work properly about a third of the time. If you run the installer for ADAM and the options are already filled in, then exit the installer and run it again. Keep doing this until it lets you select the options you want. This could take several times. I have no idea why this happens or how to fix it internally. 

And about ENB: if you downloaded the files from ENBdev.com in the last couple of days I would re-download the files. There was a bug in a recent update that is now fixed that was causing the ENB to not load properly.

If you are running MO 1.3.x then for whatever reason, the ADAM installer will only work properly about a third of the time. If you run the installer for ADAM and the options are already filled in, then exit the installer and run it again. Keep doing this until it lets you select the options you want. This could take several times. I have no idea why this happens or how to fix it internally. 

And about ENB: if you downloaded the files from ENBdev.com in the last couple of days I would re-download the files. There was a bug in a recent update that is now fixed that was causing the ENB to not load properly.

just wanted to say that re-downloading them from ENBdev worked, now it works flawlessly. thanks!

edit: spoke too soon, it will start but there are some new issues ingame

mainly with trees and bushes looking weird as hell, like just displaying little 2d textures in brown boxes around their limbs instead of rendering properly, and at certain angles the ground/everything becomes see through. not sure whats causing this, but turning on or off the enb doesn't change it.

Edited by duncandun

just wanted to say that re-downloading them from ENBdev worked, now it works flawlessly. thanks!

edit: spoke too soon, it will start but there are some new issues ingame

mainly with trees and bushes looking weird as hell, like just displaying little 2d textures in brown boxes around their limbs instead of rendering properly, and at certain angles the ground/everything becomes see through. not sure whats causing this, but turning on or off the enb doesn't change it.

Make sure the Steam Overlay is turned off and double check that AA is not on. The Steam Overlay causes huge issues with ENB's like the ones you are describing.

Make sure the Steam Overlay is turned off and double check that AA is not on. The Steam Overlay causes huge issues with ENB's like the ones you are describing.

Well, tried that and it didn't fix it. however now it's just crashing on startup and am getting application load errors when it doesn't. /sadface

I must have messed up something pretty bad along the way, though it's been fine besides trying to get ENB to work.

Did you turn off AA and AF from the default launcher? And double checked you dont have them switched on in your driver?

Yeah. Had them both off. My current major issue is that the game just wont load, either through steam (get application load error 65434) or through MO/NVSE, both launch and theres a black screen for 6-10 seconds and a CTD.

Regarding the issue with ADAM all in one and greyed out options, after more or less 50 install attempts without changing any options, I've solved the problem this way:

1. right click on MO shortcut or executable --> properties

2. in Compatibility tab I set "Run this program in compatibility mode for Windows 7" and "Run this program as an administrator"

The mod installed correctly at first attempt :)

I use win 8.1, if this can be useful to find where the issue lies ...

Edited by LewsTherin

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the tip on the ADAM installer. I believe setting it to "Run as administrator" is what does the trick. For anyone having problems with ENB, I believe the guide does say there are problems with trying to use the wrapper version and 4GB Loader together. That's why I'm using the injector version with 4GB. So far, no problems.

Also, this may be off topic, but I thought I'd ask anyway. Does anyone know if the medium nmc texture pack covers the roads? I always used to use the large pack before following this guide and I know it made some huge imporvements to the roads, but now with the medium pack I've seen no change. I don't know what's wrong. It's not a huge deal, but it does bother me.