FO3 MO Archive Invalidation not working

Cl90

Question

Hi.

I've read a lot of threads here and on other forums, and tried a very lot of things to get it working. Still not successefull.

The Fear and Loathing guide did not help aswell.

Because the other thread arround here is related to Fallout New Vegas i thought it would be bedder to open a new one.

The Problem:

Archive Invalidation not working with Mod Organizer for Fallout 3.

Why i know that?:

Any textures or meshes added to Mod Organizer does not show up ingame. (but .esps are loaded)

I made a new profile, and checked the auto archive Invalidation (Yes it is checked), and all default bsa etc are checked.

No mod or extras are added, except one texture changer. (for testing purposes)

A Laser Rifle texture which is also checked in the mod section.

When i run the game through MO: no texture changes.

When i run the game through Steam->FO3 Launcher: texture changed.

Info:

Windows 8.1, Game from Steam. Installed in default steam directory (no external Library)

The game dir is clear and fresh, its FOSE and an ENB installed.

MO installed on another SSD.

MO Version: 1.3.4

Started every program with admin rights.

MO profiles are set to r/w with windows so changes should save properly.

And i want to get this working because i dont want to use something like Fallout Mod Manager =/

Hmmm... It appears that Fallout 3 version of Mod Organizer is a little confused about what files to "force-enable." I might want to make a bug report on that.

The workaround is simple. Go to Settings --> Workarounds and untick Force-enable game files. Then you can drag and drop it simply.

Actually it might be both Fallouts and the Oblivion version.

Oh God thank you, I spent ages trying to figure out what was wrong with my game (only ever used MO with Skyrim before and kind of jumped into this without too much research), and all I had to do was update MO and move Fallout - Invalidation.bsa up.

Oh God thank you, I spent ages trying to figure out what was wrong with my game (only ever used MO with Skyrim before and kind of jumped into this without too much research), and all I had to do was update MO and move Fallout - Invalidation.bsa up.

Exactly my thought. Tortured my SSD with reinstalling and juggled arround my LO.

Glad that's solved. Problem was with Fallout New Vegas btw.