To lighten the atmosphere (tongue-in-cheek)

GrantSP

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got a cat (Maine coon), that is only mildly annoying now that I can sort of afford to buy her better food. 

I got a temp job in a local lab... hurray

I have my baby girl over this weekend, and I hope we will get the weather to go to the zoo and watch even larger cats! (She got a thing for the tigers)

I finally almost made it to the point where I can start up another game than skyrim and enjoy it! :) 

No I meant why don't you get a pet if you want one?

Ah, with the follow up about the job, I just assumed that's what you meant.  ::):  My life is currently in a somewhat transitional and uncertain stage, mostly because of some major changes involving my husband's career.  I expect that within the next few years I'll be doing a lot more travel where I might be gone for weeks or months (maybe years) at a time.  I can't take on the responsibility of a pet if I'm likely to be leaving for long periods like that.  Not only would it not be fair to the animal, but I wouldn't want to have to keep asking my friends or family to provide pet care services.

And for the record, I'm a dog person.  ::P:  Though I've known some pretty wonderful cats.

I kind of wish I could get one but the wife doesnt care for them.

As weird as it may sound, I decided years ago that I wouldn't want to even date a woman/girl who doesn't like cats (you'd be surprised how dramatically different personalities dog and cat people often have).

Actually, I had pretty specific (albeit short) list of traits a woman I'd live with must have. Love cats, listen to metal, some obviously unspecified sex stuff, be politically incorrect with sense of twisted humour, and... I guess that's it. Well, I won a lottery. Hoho.

Edited by Octopuss

I live in an equal opportunity pet home. :)

Me too. But, you and Aiyen have giant cats. Those aren't run of mill tabbies.

I worked on the x-47b replacement, the UCLASS, before leaving the DOD.

Right now I don't have any cats though, but I often foster them. I do have four dogs though, two bull mastiffs and two mutts. Also, have three box turtles. aee8b91f2063a8de78f2e6338652f12b.jpg

I would have more pets but my girlfriend is out of town since she works for the ambassador to Mexico. With two mastiffs there is way to much to pick up in my yard already.

I also have no children, so I get to sleep every night. [emoji14]

I also have no children, so I get to sleep every night. [emoji14]

We don't have (and never will, yuck) any either, but trust me, with 3 cats maniacally running all over the place at 2 in the morning, there are nights where we don't get much sleep anyway ::D: