Sign in to follow this  
FuzzRocket9

[Solved]What to do with "Unmanaged: Bashed Patch, 0"

Question

I see it's made redundant now that I made a new mod folder for my personal bashed patch, but I want to know if this has any other purpose?

Thank you.

Edited by FuzzRocket9

5 answers to this question

This just means that you ran Wrye Bash not through MO, which led to a Bashed Patch being created directly in your data folder. Just deleted this bashed patch and make sure to always run WB through MO.

Note that "Bashed Patch, 0.esp" is always created if not already existing whenever launching WB, even if you didn't build it.

It doesnt really matter where its located in MO because it doesnt have any assets. I leave mine at the top so I dont have to micro manage it.

Thanks guys. Something so simple, yet it would of bothered me if I ignored it, so I had to ask. Thanks as always :D

The bashed patch created with Wrye Flash is handled in a completely different manner to that for Skyrim.

For the patch to be created you must have either the blank patch in the Data folder, or in a mod of your creation, and that blank file is overwritten, not copied first then patched. Using WB in MO always places a new bashed patch in the 'overwrite' folder, with FO3 or FNV it doesn't.

This means it is much more fiddly to have multiple patches for multiple profiles.

When patching in the Fallout games, MO will log an error but still produce a working patch if the file is found in the Data folder. To get around this you should first copy a blank patch from the Wrye install and place it into a new user-created mod in MO.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Mgnarl
      Title. Since we cant build a bashed patch with this mod active, these were the mod author's suggestions:

''It isn't a problem with the mod; Bash just doesn't know how to handle NVSE plugin-added condition functions so it throws an error. You'll have to find a workaround like:

1. Removing the perks in question to a separate file using FNVEdit, patching, and then re-adding them.

2. Patch without this mod and then manually add any conflicting records to your Bashed patch using FNVEdit.

3. Don't use Bash, and just use FNVEdit to make patches manually. I do this, because Bash for NV isn't even complete and its patches are far from perfect.''

I want to do the second one but can someone tell me how to do it? Or a link to a video that shows how to do it? How can i find the conflicting records and how can i add them to bashed patch?

Or is this whole thing is just unnecessary?
    • By HahnDragoner523
      Hey there,

After making a break from modding for a while I´ve decided to pick it back up again so I´ve recently downloaded DIVERSE SKYRIM mod from Nexus together with Wrye Bash and made a bashed patch following the S.T.E.P tutorial.

Now my problem is, that after I made the bashed patch my LOOT says that for my bashed patch "Cloaks esp." and "Unofficial Skyrim Patch esp." need to be installed.

The cloaks aren´t a big problem. I just have to reinstall a mod I had before but if I install the Unofficial Skyrim Patch it conflicts with my Unofficial Skyrim Legendary Edition Patch, wich however is a requirement for some other mods I´m running.

So what I need right now is a solution on how to make my bashed patch not need the Unofficial Skyrim patch or have Unofficial Skyrim Patch and Unofficial Skyrim Legendary Edition Patch not conflict with each other.

Keep in mind I´m still kinda inexperienced at this and am using NMM not MO.

Thanks in advance for any help or advise.
    • By TenshoHappyCat
      I updated my bash patch recently after having updated a few mods. My question is concerning the mods that are disabled as part of the process of creating the batch patch. After the process is finished, we are told in the instructions to only re-enable WM Trap Fixes.esp

Now that I want to load an old save, it mentions several plugins are no longer found: those that were disabled by the creation process of the batch patch. Should I re-enable them or load the save without them?

EDIT: Three ESPs missing from the save are:

GDJ_DG_vampireamuletfix.esp
      weapons & armor_TrueWeaponsLvlLists.esp
      Traps Make Noise.esp

I'm thinking that I had these plugins enabled prior to the Batch Patch... Not sure if I should clean the save or not.