To lighten the atmosphere (tongue-in-cheek)

GrantSP

So much angst around at the moment, maybe we can have an alternative where we can list some of the current things happening that made us smile today? ::D:  ::P:

1. Well it is bucketing down here, so my tanks will be full very shortly, that's good.
  2. My cat is alive and well and sleeping soundly on the couch, that always makes me happy.
  3. Got a couple of good quotes for the installation of a heat pump, a few hundred cheaper than I expected, can't complain about that.
  4. The wife still loves me, I think, that's a good thing.
  5. I'm not dead.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, speakin of cats!

About two months ago I had to have my old (and first) grumpy cat of almost 13 years euthanized. Suddenly the flat was really empty with just one permanent cat remaining (the other comes and goes during the day), so my wife and I went ahead and got something we've wanted the whole time we've been together: an abyssinian cat! So what we bought a cat for over €350, he's awesome (and all of our other cats were/are adopted or found, so we had the right to do this).

Meet Ernesto, an abyssinian cat :)

almost_a_hypnocat____by_octopuss-d8ny0j9

Rest of the photos are on my DeviantArt. You can find some more in other galleries if you're into cats.

1. After living with a cracked, hand-me-down, second generation iphone for the past four years, I finally got a new phone today.

2. I get a day off tomorrow (well, partially).

3. My husband cleaned the office and bathroom today (a rare and wonderful treat).

4. I have chocolate.

5. And wine.

Redoing my main bathroom and I haven't destroyed anything, yet.

Girlfriend is out of town. Infinite beer, no pants.  ::): 

Dogs got a bath yesterday, so they don't smell like dirt.

I'm a teacher so work is meh.

Hockey playoffs are awesome as always. 

EDIT: 6k posts, Whoooo!!!!

I have a handsome son and a beautiful wife.

I make decent money at a great job where I can make history happen (again). Bonus: I got a raise last month.

I have two dogs (Schnauzer puppy and a Pekinese/Terrier mix), a cat (Maine Coon), and three tortoises (Russian). All healthy.

My pantry is stocked, my wife can cook, and my belly is full (a little too full... :D).

Life is good, for now. I'm sure something will come along, as usual, to screw it up. For now though, I'm enjoying it. :)

My only real complaint is lack of time... 9 hours of work + 3 hour commute (total both ways) + family + eating = little time for fun and games.

What made me smile today?

Seeing the stupid bastige who ripped past me at 140 plus in an 80 zone getting nabbed by the 5-0 about 20 kilometers down the road.

That definitely got a laugh.

What else?

Getting a cuddle from my massive black female cat, Roxy, this morning. She actually puts one front paw either side of your neck and snuggles her head in under your chin. It's adorable and she's been doing it since she was a kitten.

Finding I had a 20 in my wallet I'd forgotten about...

The fact it's the weekend...

Seems like we're all cat people.

Coffee. Coffee makes me smile every morning. Without coffee I would not function! And then wine at night. Prefect ending to a long day.

The world around me makes me smile. Stopping to take in the beauty of the sky, the trees, and the sounds of nature.