New update on Steam

Just wanted to throw it out there.

Where does this update put us STEP users.

Been reading a lot of users having trouble who actually use the Steam Workshop.

I myself haven't allowed the update yet and tested if anything is broken.

Scared to, lol. But the update affects CK and the Skyrim Launcher, which we STEP users rarely use (Launcher). Just curious if anyone on so far today has allowed the update and had success or failure.

Regards,

Slink

Update:

Found some interesting info on the Bethesda Softworks Forum

https://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1514726-new-update-for-skyrim-pc-launcher-and-creation-kit-sdk/

https://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1515163-beta-going-into-a-release/

The first link points out there intention of the update and what for, while stating it is Beta.

The second link states they will go live, and then an hour and a half later, they say they found issues and will be staying in Beta for the rest of the week. Guess Steam didn't get that memo.

Also, I am about to just get this over with and update it and find out how much of a headache I may be in for.

EDIT: just went to allow it to update, and apparently Steam did get the memo, no update was performed. However, it was still queued, but nothing downloaded and it said ready to play. So nvm for now, But it will be back at some point.

Edited by CovertSlinky

Earlier today, it wasn't a beta update, it was being dished out as an actual update which went live at around 1pm Eastern. Then an hour and a half later they backed out of it cause of issues they said they found. So they then turned around and gave an update for those who had gotten the bogus update which made everything go back to normal. So my guess is sometime next week they are planning on trying again. I am always opted out of Beta updates as well.