CTD on Startup with EnBoost

Faile486

Question

On an un-modded, or modded setup I get immediate CTD after installing EnBoost.  If I remove it, everything's fine again.

I don't even make it to the menu - the screen goes black (like in a typical startup), the blue wait cursor hangs around a bit, and then I'm dumped back on my desktop.

I'm using .266, followed the guide to install it, no presets installed.

System:

i7 3470QM @ 2.7GHz

8  GB Ram

nVidia GeForce 670MX (plus Intel HD Graphics 4000, disabled for Skyrim)

I'd really like to be able to use a preset, any help in fixing this would be greatly appreciated =)

13 answers to this question

Thanks for the reply, but I don't think my problem is memory related - after installing memory blocks log, the last number listed in the 512 column is 85, and 32 in the second column.

I'm crashing before I even get to the menu, but only when enbhost.exe, d3d9.dll, and enblocal.ini are in my <Skyrim> directory.  I've been using the latest (.266), but phazer suggested trying .265, which I can't find.

enblocal.ini is the default one the download came with.

Any idea why dual GPUs would cause an issue?

attachicon.gifskyrim.ini

attachicon.gifskyrimprefs.ini

attachicon.gifenblocal.ini

They seem to generally suck. I bought my wife an Acer Aspire which looked good on paper, 2 gig dedicated graphics, but it struggles to hold 15 fps in Vanilla Skyrim. I really should have done more research before buying it.

If only I could talk her into using a desktop...

If you want to make absolutely certain the integrated GPU isn't used, disable it in BIOS - if it's even possible. This has just reminded me not to ever again in my life touch anything made by HP. I still feel guilty for making my father in law buy that horrible Pavilion brick they never ever released updated graphic driver for.

...otherwise, I think there are settings available in ENB to force using specific GPU. Perhaps the fact that you're using default ini has something to do with the problem?

• +1 1

Seems like Nvidia/Intel are easier to control than AMD. With the AMD dual graphics the only option in the control panel is to force it to use the APU or APU+GPU. I'll need to take a look in the bios. Failing that I'll dig through the ENB documentation for some help.

Sorry for slightly derailing the thread, thanks for the advice.