ENB Guide

z929669

I have always preferred SkyRealism for its customizeability

Just... no Aiyen could you please set Zed straight on ENB's please?

Z actually has his own ENB preset that he developed from SkyRealism.

I think Z is talking about the options that are available in SkyRealism. MTich has created a preset to please nearly anyone. He's not just another preset author though:

...I've spent weeks rewriting the FX files that come with the ENBSeries by Boris Vorontsov and the Bokeh DoF code by Matso. ENB Evolved is NOT a collection of settings; it's a complete rewrite of the underlying HLSL shader code for ENB. It features several improvements:

•     Three completely customizable Depth of Field algorithms: Simple, Fast, and Sprite-Based.
  •     Six auto-focusing systems, including presets for 1st person (default) and 3rd person.
  •     Many new camera effects: lens reflections, film grain, vignette, letterbox, and more.
  •     Completely new color tone mapping system, using HSV Color Conversion.
  •     Color Equalizer system for saturation control, using HSV Color Conversion.
  •     Controls to adjust vanilla Skyrim Bloom and Adaptation levels.
  •     Completely new and adjustable ENB Bloom algorithms.
  •     Includes Vanilla settings that are a 100% match with vanilla Skyrim.
  •     Cinematic and Vibrant Presets designed to work perfectly with Realistic Lighting Overhaul and Project Reality - Climates Of Tamriel.

It seems like the guys posting consistently over the long term over on the ENB forums seem to write a lot of their own effects. Plus they all share stuff to make their presets that much better.

I really wanted the cell shaded effect that tapioks did for FNV to be ported over to his Skyrin preset. I think it would be awesome to do a cell shaded playthrough in a fantasy setting. Just imagine doing battles against fire and ice dragons.

Just... no Aiyen could you please set Zed straight on ENB's please?

Skyrealism does follow the trends, its semi updated to the newest. And MTich was one of the first to dig up alot of post processing features. 

But I agree its not the most comprehensive of presets out there. Kermles collection is far larger for example, but based on MTichs contributions. 

What really makes Skyrealism special was that it was more or less the first which deviated alot from the standard ENB template that Boris delivers.

The only thing one can argue about is his sales pitch... most of the effects in any ENB you can go over to the Nvidia HLSL shader lib. and copy paste, and they have been there for many years. Boris have also said on many occasions that he is a bit puzzled why nobody is doing anything but color correction, when ENB allows for so much more. Reason being that there are no dedicated HLSL coders in our community that knows how to write the shaders from the ground up. Or if they do... they just cba. 

But yeah most preset authors share their work. because... why reinvent the plate every single time! 

I recently also decided to just go about and write my own from the ground up. The idea was to find a way to implement new tone mapping, since just about EVERY single ENB preset out there now uses what is called Reinhard's, or the modified version of it, and it always caused me issues with colors not moving smoothly into one another. And in combination from this found a new idea on how adaptation is used when calculating the gamma so that it should be technically impossible for the adaptation to cause super bright, but without ruining or eliminating the effect entirely. 

Will release once I get Rootsrat back to testing! (Yes I did fix the adaptation now!!! ) 

I am excited to see your ENB release, Aiyen. Even if I can't use it atm. I'm planning a new system build come tax time (February-ish) to get my gaming off this laptop and onto a system that can handle most modern games maxed out. I'll probably be switching laptops with a friend once that happens so that he can better game as well. This Asus G7 has served me well, but it's time to move up.

Unless your allergic to orange.... then it is not recommended :P

I think Unreal is an excellent ENB in many ways, but to my eyes it falls prey to the evils of blue/orange filter abuse. This has been driving me nuts since movies went digital a few years back.  I'd almost a watch a movie now purely on the promise that it had a full and natural colour palette! :P

So, has anyone tested with the new SSS features yet? I know they are still being worked out, but I'm wondering if anyone has the right combo of textures yet? I'm thinking No More Bronze Shine might not be the best option since it's just three mono color black textures that don't reflect anything.

Waiting until they mature a bit more. Perhaps next version perhaps tomorrow... Got plenty of ENB stuff going on already... Trying to learn how to add mulitple passes into the files so I can make more funky color corrections.

The Bronze shine is more the specular then subsurfacescattering, but it might play a role. Looking forward to playing with it. Perhaps I will do it tomorrow.

I have not yet done the Enbseries.ini section. I'm working on it' date=' but it's not done yet, also the Troubleshooting section is not done either, all that stuff is pretty much obsolete for anything newer than v0.168. I'll probably update the enbseries.ini part by tomorrow.[/quote']

No, I didn't mean why is it still in the enbseries.ini section of the STEP ENB guide. It's actually STILL in the real enbseries.ini from Boris. 

Just manually delete the entries if they bother you. The correct values are written into the file they need to be in. The .dll only reads the values in a given file so even if they are duplicated it should not matter if the same values are present in another file.