ENB Guide

z929669

He didn't remove it he just moved a couple sections to enblocal.ini' date=' it's in the release notes. Even though his release notes are pretty vague and short.[/quote']

Ok. So basically it doesn't matter what the AA settings in enbseries.ini are set to? Only the ones in enblocal.ini matter?

Is there any benefit to updating to 0.219. I'm currently using 0.217.

You might wait until the new SSS stuff is implemented a bit better. It seems to me that getting the right balance for nose, eyebrows, skin, facial hair,... are all a bit touchy at the moment. The new feature is really quite good, but the implementation needs a bit more time to figure out. I've used it bit in game and the neck seems are bit hard get rid of, and the children have really bad neck seems. There will be another ENB patch from Midflux for the candles and I really like they those look in game.

Does anyone know where to find the limits of the parameters? That is one of harder parts to figure out without a bunch of trial and error I guess.

I know lots of things like quality and type are usually -1 to 2 or 0 to 2, but I need to know the limits of some of the floating point parameters, like amount, intensity, sizescale. Those all seem to be constants among the effects, like AOAmount or ILAmount, and I'm thinking about just putting 0.0...10.0 for those unless I know it shouldn't be higher.

EDIT: Well I did finish doing some of the enbseries.ini stuff. It is not complete for every section, about half, but I hit up a lot of the main ones except SkyLighting and Environment which require mucho reading. Will not be updating it again until late Sunday night, depends how much Breaking Bad affects me.

I'm starting to wonder how everyone likes the new SSS features for skin and eyes? The effect on skin can bing out seams depending on settings and textures. If you go to the ENB forums, mindflux has added another particle patch for SSS.

Maybe some people can post their settings, mods, and the enb preset they are using. Also, say if you have seams or not. I wanted to put something in the troubleshoot section on the guide since I'm guessing a few people are going to end up with problems, and the more info I have the better.

I'm starting to wonder how everyone likes the new SSS features for skin and eyes? The effect on skin can bing out seams depending on settings and textures. If you go to the ENB forums, mindflux has added another particle patch for SSS.

Maybe some people can post their settings, mods, and the enb preset they are using. Also, say if you have seams or not. I wanted to put something in the troubleshoot section on the guide since I'm guessing a few people are going to end up with problems, and the more info I have the better.

I honestly still dont' really know what the SSS features are supposed to do and I haven't really noticed in game yet. If someone could post a screenshot of SSS turned off and then SSS turned on, that would be extremely helpful as I currently have no clue what I'm supposed to be looking for. 

SSS is mainly to affect skin and a few other objects, like candles.

What it does is add a sort of glow that happens on such semi transparent surfaces.

For example if you shine a light through your hand you will be able to see it ... this is the extreme case of the effect.

As for seams, then it is impossible to entirely remove them since they depend on lighting conditions, adaptation settings, and what have you.

The best you can do is minimize the effect. And here SSS can go both ways.

Here look at this screenshot by running the mouse right to left over Ysolda. You can see how skin can look so much more deep and more like flesh, even though nordic people might be a bit more pale, so SSS makes them less goth.:P

EDIT: Hey Aiyen, how do I find the upper and low bounds of parameters for each line in the enbseries.ini other than opening up the ingame gui and pressing the plus or minus until it stops?

That is the only way, since those values are all tucked away inside the .dll. Instead of pressing plus or minus I would just input 1000 though... as I recall then no value is higher then that. Also I think 0 is the min for just about all of the values... only thing I recall having negative values are ones I added myself.

But it is a kinda pointless information. What I would suggest you focus on is what it does to increase or decrease the setting. Since you can produce good results with having silly high values, if you just compensate in other areas.

Like most curves behave in the same way, higher values shift the colors towards more white, and lowering towards more black.

This would save you having to write the same thing over and over. Especially under the environment and Sky settings.

Most of the parameters I just put 0.0...10.0 except for a couple that I know are just dumb set higher than 1.0 or have lower bounds of 1.0. All those SetScale and SourceTextureScale are really performance heavy over 1.0 for SSAO, Reflections....

Maybe for most of them I'll just start using 0.0... that way I don't have to go line by line trying figure it out. Environment and sky seem to be the longest sections so those are last anyways. When I started I was just going to redo what tech already did, but then it just started to bother me (why am I so itchy?) that so many lines weren't addressed, so now I have to do everything. Maybe it should be in the advanced section, but hey its there now if anyone needs it.

Anyways, thanks for the help.

I am sure I said this already... make sure you have JawZ excellent guide at hand! He did most of what you are doing already. I think he also have the values if I recall.. have not used it in ages since I know what most of the things do now!

And yeah.. I should have said all parameters you can alter ingame! you should use 1000! If you did that on sizescale.... I think you would just get an error at start since there would not be that much memory hehe. Unless he built in some sort of limiter, which I am fairly sure he did.

Yeah, I found that guide and it really speeds things along. Not that trying to read through every ENB forum thread deciphering what Boris actually says isn't loads of fun and not at all a waste of my time. I even asked Jawz if I could just post some his guide on ours, but he hasn't got back to me yet.

Yeah' date=' I found that guide and it really speeds things along. Not that trying to read through every ENB forum thread deciphering what Boris actually says isn't loads of fun and not at all a waste of my time. I even asked Jawz if I could just post some his guide on ours, but he hasn't got back to me yet.[/quote']

That would kind of defeat the point in my opinion. It'd be like having a bit of your words, then saying "oh yeah I like JawZ version of the following sections is better so I'm just going to have you read his guide for those sections..." just unprofessional and such. My 2¢/pence.

Jawz also puts some tips for certain settings that good and some of things being described are worded properly, so it would be weird to reword the description. Mostly what I'd end up using his stuff for would be for the advanced section if I ever get there because his guide goes into .fx files which are a bit deeper down the rabbit hole than I care to go.