ENB Guide

z929669

I'm only offering three suggestions right now. I have SkyRealism, True Vision, and Project ENB. The latter two and Seasons are by the same author. Would you guys rather see Seasons posted than Project ENB? Project ENB is way overly saturated. I've been wanting to remove it for something more inline with STEP values. SkyRealism - Cinematic and Vanilla and True Vision - Natural are perfectly inline with STEP. How does Seasons compare?

There are many ENBs worth checking out (that aren't mentioned in the guide):

The Wilds

Phinix Natural ENB

Seasons of Skyrim

Project MATSO

Quietcool ENB

And of course TC's variation of SkyRealism ENB with RCRN compatiblity, RCRN Plus.

Besides, the choice would largely depend on the post-processing/lighting pack used.

Thanks, but lighting mods have no barring here. There are separate guides on the wiki for ENB and lighting mods. The Lighting Guide addresses (or will eventually) combining the two. As for your recommendations:

The Wilds is too over saturated and hazy as are Seasons of Skyrim, as JJay pointed out, and Project Matso. I'll have to check out Phinix Natural's warm option and check with my testing results for Quietcool. For the recommendations, I'm really looking for something that follows STEP in staying close to vanilla but "naturally" enhancing it. Nothing overly saturated, hazy, bleak, b&w, film-like, etc.

The Wilds

Phinix Natural ENB

Seasons of Skyrim

Project MATSO

Quietcool ENB

And of course TC's variation of SkyRealism ENB with RCRN compatiblity, RCRN Plus.

Besides, the choice would largely depend on the post-processing/lighting pack used.

Thanks, but lighting mods have no barring here. There are separate guides on the wiki for ENB and lighting mods. The Lighting Guide addresses (or will eventually) combining the two. As for your recommendations:

The Wilds is too over saturated and hazy as are Seasons of Skyrim, as JJay pointed out, and Project Matso. I'll have to check out Phinix Natural's warm option and check with my testing results for Quietcool. For the recommendations, I'm really looking for something that follows STEP in staying close to vanilla but "naturally" enhancing it. Nothing overly saturated, hazy, bleak, b&w, film-like, etc.

SkyRealism works best when it comes to that, but some people might prefer a larger difference, which is why I recommend checking out a few other ENBs.

And yes, lighting mods matter a lot when it comes to choosing the right ENB. One config will never look the same with CoT, RCRN and RLWC.

Until STEP chooses their leading lighting mod, I can't firmly recommend any ENB other than SkyRealism, which just blends in well in the game and adds the extra effects, but the performance hit can be significant and ENB should not be recommended to players running the lite version of STEP.

The Wilds

Phinix Natural ENB

Seasons of Skyrim

Project MATSO

Quietcool ENB

SkyRealism works best when it comes to that, but some people might prefer a larger difference, which is why I recommend checking out a few other ENBs.

And yes, lighting mods matter a lot when it comes to choosing the right ENB. One config will never look the same with CoT, RCRN and RLWC.

Until STEP chooses their leading lighting mod, I can't firmly recommend any ENB other than SkyRealism, which just blends in well in the game and adds the extra effects, but the performance hit can be significant and ENB should not be recommended to players running the lite version of STEP.

Thanks. This is exactly way I recommend SkyRealism so much and have put "(highly recommended)" next to it in the Guide. During my testing of ENBs, True Vision ENB with the Natural preset came in a very close second. I have yet to find a good third option that follows the STEP values.

I plan to work on the Lighting Guide and provide a link to it in the ENB Guide whenever I get it set up for proper comparison and information when combining and ENB with a lighting mod.

• 4 weeks later...

OK, the Skyrim particle Patch conflicts with Water (\meshes\effects\fxrapidsrocks01.nif)and Ultimate Fire HD(\meshes\effects\fxfirewithembers01_cheap). I'll let them overwrite this, but is this generally recommended? Will those two effects have weird illumination with ENB?

Using smaa, do I need to set "[ANTIALIASING] EnableEdgeAA=true" in the enbseries.ini to False?

• 3 weeks later...