Fallout 3 Redesigned issue.

GrantSP

Question

Got a problem with this mod being active at the moment.

In the car park outside the RobCo factory there's a dead slave with a large RED exclamation block on top of him. So far I am still part way through the install, just finished the armour/clothing and body-type section.

I did notice that there was a note with this mod about MMM and the possible need to use a Blackened plugin. I also see that MMM is listed as optional, thought that might be it, so I installed MMM and enabled the MMM specific Fallout 3 Redesigned plugin, still no resolution.

As far as I can tell it isn't actually anything missing on the dead slave, you can still see his partially covered legs underneath. I'm assuming there is something on top of him, dead animal or an object of some kind.

The only other information I can give you is the Dead slave has a code of: 000ae68f and I believe this from Fallout.esm.

I see nothing in xEdit to indicate any issue with this area when Fallout 3 Redesigned is active.

When it isn't active the slave is still there correctly dressed and there isn't anything on or near him.

PS. I've made a couple of edits to the guide as I go. I was going to do so with MMM, regarding the first option: ingame menu or plugins to configure, but I've never used this before.

3 answers to this question

The red exclamation mark indicates a missing mesh. In the console you can sometimes move the cursor around and click on the various parts of the exclamation mark and get the display to select the item that's missing (vs. selecting another item near it). I've always found it very hard to do this since the cursor usually selects another item that I can see and isn't the one with the missing mesh. If you can select the actual missing item this you can get the ID for the it. As you said, it is likely to be something the slave is carrying like a weapon or perhaps wearing such as clothing. If you can find the slave in the Fallout esm you might be able to find what it is supposed to be wearing or carrying, and you can then check to make sure the meshes are present for these.

The guide notes for both Fallout 3 Resigned and MMM say not to use the compatibility plugins that come with these mods. For these two mods the appropriate Blackened patch should be used.

The console gives me no more than I already have posted. I'll figure it out.

Just a point though, it might be worth adding links to the Compatability Patches section from each mod's description. I have forgotten to install those Blackened patches but when I went to get them it makes it clear that they only work with the Hi-res versions. I had already installed the Standard version. If that was made clear at the time of installation I would've chosen the Hi-res just to ensure I could have that patch.

I tend to install a section and then load the game to ensure nothings amiss. Being reminded to install the patches instead of the mod's plugins would be good. Not wanting to add to your work load, I can add them if you like.